CSNbbs
I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." (/thread-844245.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - Tiger1983 - 03-02-2018 08:02 AM

Tubby seems as shell shocked as the rest of us. It is time (past time actually) he consider the viability and advisability of his employment at Memphis.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - oldmangrizz - 03-02-2018 08:15 AM

(03-02-2018 08:02 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Tubby seems as shell shocked as the rest of us. It is time (past time actually) he consider the viability and advisability of his employment at Memphis.

I continue to be amazed and perplexed at some of the statements he makes after a loss.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - TIGERCITY - 03-02-2018 08:40 AM

With the players he has they have to be tuned in and playing really hard just to be average. Relax and you get last night.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - stratecashomie - 03-02-2018 08:46 AM

(03-02-2018 08:40 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  With the players he has they have to be tuned in and playing really hard just to be average. Relax and you get last night.

In fairness, even average should be enough to be competitive. This was not a competitive game at all

Edit: average should be enough to be competitive against USF aka 319

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - 450bench - 03-02-2018 09:01 AM

So is the fan base

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - holyterror - 03-02-2018 09:04 AM

Do the right thing, tubby. Announce your early retirement.[/u]

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - EricSigEpTNBeta183 - 03-02-2018 09:06 AM

How ironic is it that he very well may finish above .500 in conference for the first time in however many year yet prob has 2 of the worst loses of his career in the same season. This year has been so freaking weird, terrible, mental

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - bluebacker - 03-02-2018 09:07 AM

(03-02-2018 08:46 AM)stratecashomie Wrote:  
(03-02-2018 08:40 AM)TIGERCITY Wrote:  With the players he has they have to be tuned in and playing really hard just to be average. Relax and you get last night.

In fairness, even average should be enough to be competitive. This was not a competitive game at all

Edit: average should be enough to be competitive against USF aka 319

Nah, an average team, at home, should be able to sleep walk to a win over a team like USF. Might not be a big win but that's a game you should NEVER lose especially since the Tigers still had something to play for.

They solved that problem with the loss last night.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - midtowncowboy - 03-02-2018 09:11 AM

I agree. Until I turned off the game, the guard play last night in the first 30 minutes was church league level. Just had to laugh and think wtf.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - MemphisTigerPawr - 03-02-2018 09:13 AM

Coach Scrubbys loss is not nearly that of our boosters. Or our basketball program. 03-banghead

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - 450bench - 03-02-2018 09:15 AM

(03-02-2018 09:13 AM)MemphisTigerPawr Wrote:  Coach Scrubbys loss is not nearly that of our boosters. Our our basketball program.

Let's just hope they step up and cut those losses...

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - MemTigers1998 - 03-02-2018 09:15 AM

Not having a point guard eventually was going to be a problem. The fact that Martin really isn't one and therefore isn't a true PG on the roster makes it all the more ridiculous that he couldn't get Lomax or Tyler Harris to stay home and play.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - cscottl1981 - 03-02-2018 09:23 AM

Not that he doesn't ultimately have to take responsibility for the mess that is our basketball program, but it is dumbfounding that the same team that beats a decent Houston team can get blown out by super scrub USF.

I suppose this is what happens when you recruit mid-major talent; you can't out talent even the worst of teams.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - k2tigers - 03-02-2018 09:23 AM

those comments sure are different than the arrogant ones he made after the Houston win

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - oldmangrizz - 03-02-2018 09:32 AM

A coach that has been at it as long as Tubby should never be 'at a loss' for what happened last night. I don't believe him. He knows exactly what, and how, it happened. He just doesn't want to admit it because it would expose him for what he is.....a coach that's on the downhill side of his career that doesn't really give a rat's azz as long as he gets his paycheck.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - k2tigers - 03-02-2018 09:33 AM

listen closely, he even says we aren't very good

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - tigergg - 03-02-2018 09:34 AM

(03-02-2018 09:06 AM)EricSigEpTNBeta183 Wrote:  How ironic is it that he very well may finish above .500 in conference for the first time in however many year yet prob has 2 of the worst loses of his career in the same season. This year has been so freaking weird, terrible, mental

I don’t care what anyone says this Conference is not that good.. Unless Houston or WSU get a great draw I could see them losing in a 1st round game.. Cinci has a better chance because of there Defense, but there Offense will keep them from advancing past the S16 IMO..

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - macgar32 - 03-02-2018 09:37 AM

(03-02-2018 09:23 AM)cscottl1981 Wrote:  Not that he doesn't ultimately have to take responsibility for the mess that is our basketball program, but it is dumbfounding that the same team that beats a decent Houston team can get blown out by super scrub USF.

I suppose this is what happens when you recruit mid-major talent; you can't out talent even the worst of teams.

When you don't defend our rebound on the defensive end you are going to lose games you shouldn't especially without you leading scorer.

The 3 point barrage felt good but obviously was not who we are.

The fact that tubby was so happy with the wins and didn't mention our defensive issues is concerning

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - TIGERCITY - 03-02-2018 09:54 AM

(03-02-2018 08:02 AM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  Tubby seems as shell shocked as the rest of us. It is time (past time actually) he consider the viability and advisability of his employment at Memphis.

Event poster on this board knows what the problem is. We're a 4 cylinder car running on 1 recruiting cylinder.

RE: I’ll be honest with you," Smith said, "I’m at a loss." - cmt - 03-02-2018 10:10 AM

Calkins just replayed his opening statement at presser last night. We thought Calipari was a used car salesman, well, Tubby is the biggest con artist in the history of college basketball. What a maroon. He deserves to be fired today and we should make him sue us and go to court to get the rest of his money. Just to put him on the stand and get him to explain why he deserves it.