CSNbbs
NCAA seeding - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Wichita State (/forum-620.html)
+----- Thread: NCAA seeding (/thread-843781.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NCAA seeding - pvtlamb - 02-25-2018 10:53 AM

Ladies and gents,

It is coming down to crunch time and every win and particularly every loss by teams above WSU on the "S" curve matters.

During yesterday's game broadcast, Lunardi said he had WSU as a 3-seed and that was probably WSU's ceiling.

Yesterday's losses by Arizona, Auburn and Texas Tech were good for WSU. The bracket matrix had AU as the top #4 seed and WSU as the second #4 seed. Texas Tech is/was the third #3 seed. Auburn is/was the second #2 seed.

I wouldn't think Villanova's loss will have any impact.

We need the following teams to lose for WSU to continue inching up the S curve:

Tennessee, Cincy, UNC, Michigan State, Auburn, Purdue, Ohio State, Clemson, Duke . . .

There just isn't a lot of room above WSU.

Thoughts?

RE: NCAA seeding - shock - 02-25-2018 06:29 PM

I would be happy with a 2-3 seed

RE: NCAA seeding - pvtlamb - 02-25-2018 11:40 PM

Right now Lunardi has WSU in Dallas for the first weekend, and if successful, the Midwest final is in Omaha.

I can't imagine the crowd of Shocker fans in Omaha if they made it.

RE: NCAA seeding - pvtlamb - 02-26-2018 01:22 PM

WSU is up to the top four seed in this morning's bracket matrix.

The four #3 seeds in order are:
Auburn
Cincy
Texas Tech
Tennessee

We obviously have a chance to take care of Cincy this Sunday.

Texas Tech is likely to lose to WVU tonight.

Tenn has a games this week @ Miss State and closes the regular season at home vs Georgia.

Auburn lost a starter for the season and I would guess the committee will take that into account. The play @Arkansas Tuesday night and then end the regular season with a home game vs. South Carolina.

Duke, UNC, Michigan State and Purdue are the #2 seeds. The Big 10's regular season is over. Their tournament schedule is the same/similar to the MVC.

Duke does play @ Virginia Tech tonight and ends the season with a home game vs UNC.

UNC has a home game vs Miami on Tuesday then a roadie at Duke.

RE: NCAA seeding - The Big O - 02-26-2018 11:10 PM

Texas Tech is going to lose as you predicted. I think it's setting up to be a situation where if WSU beats UC, they will be a #3 seed going into the conference tournament. Depending on who loses this week, UC may be able to hang on as a #3 seed as well. I wouldn't be shocked if the winner of the conference championship game is a #3 seed and the loser a #4 seed. Of course that is assuming both teams take care of business elsewhere.

RE: NCAA seeding - pvtlamb - 02-28-2018 12:21 AM

Well, UNC loses tonight, so does Duke last night, and Arkansas beating Auburn. All good except TN winning on the road vs Miss State

RE: NCAA seeding - Wheatshock - 02-28-2018 12:02 PM

I wonder if we would stay in Dallas if we moved up to the 2 line.

Of course this is all moot if we can't win twice this week.

RE: NCAA seeding - Stickboy46 - 03-01-2018 03:21 PM

(02-28-2018 12:21 AM)pvtlamb Wrote:  Well, UNC loses tonight, so does Duke last night, and Arkansas beating Auburn. All good except TN winning on the road vs Miss State

UNC also plays Duke on Saturday. One of those 2 will lose 2 in a row here.

RE: NCAA seeding - Wheatshock - 03-01-2018 04:13 PM

If we win out to the conference tourney final, what are our chances for a 2 seed?

RE: NCAA seeding - jdmee - 03-02-2018 01:02 PM

(03-01-2018 04:13 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  If we win out to the conference tourney final, what are our chances for a 2 seed?

Little to none.

According to bracketmatrix.com
I don't see us catching any of the #1s.
Virginia
Xavier
Nova
Kansas

The #2s
Purdue
Michigan State
Duke
NC

At least 2 of those will not be jumped by us, and would require something crazy for us to jump any of them.

The 3s
Auburn
Tennessee
Cincy
WV

At least one of those two SEC teams will make its run in SEC Tourney.
We jump Cincy with a win this weekend.

Teams behind us that could jump us
Gonzaga as a 5.
Texas Tech goes on a run a wins the Big XII tourney would probably jump us.
Arizona?

RE: NCAA seeding - Huskypride - 03-02-2018 01:15 PM

I think if yall win out and beat cincy and uh in the aac tourney you guys have a solid shot at a 2 seed IMO

RE: NCAA seeding - Stickboy46 - 03-02-2018 01:51 PM

(03-02-2018 01:02 PM)jdmee Wrote:  
(03-01-2018 04:13 PM)Wheatshock Wrote:  If we win out to the conference tourney final, what are our chances for a 2 seed?

Little to none.

According to bracketmatrix.com
I don't see us catching any of the #1s.
Virginia
Xavier
Nova
Kansas

The #2s
Purdue
Michigan State
Duke
NC

At least 2 of those will not be jumped by us, and would require something crazy for us to jump any of them.

The 3s
Auburn
Tennessee
Cincy
WV

At least one of those two SEC teams will make its run in SEC Tourney.
We jump Cincy with a win this weekend.

Teams behind us that could jump us
Gonzaga as a 5.
Texas Tech goes on a run a wins the Big XII tourney would probably jump us.
Arizona?

I Dunno .. Depending on our Matchups .. Winning out would add 3-4 Q1 wins. (Cincy, Neutral vs Temple/Houston/Cincy) That would make us possible 10-2 in Q1 ... along with i think 10-2 in Q2. That 20-4 in Q1 and Q2 .. MSU falls early, or UNC falls early .. I can see an argument for us over them.

RE: NCAA seeding - Wheatshock - 03-02-2018 02:15 PM

Unfortunately Wisconsin just blew a golden opportunity to help us by knocking off Mich St.

RE: NCAA seeding - jdmee - 03-02-2018 08:41 PM

Penn State did its part knocking off Ohio State

RE: NCAA seeding - pvtlamb - 03-03-2018 11:14 AM

Well we made it as the last #3 seed in Bracket Matrix. http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Auburn, Cincy and Tennessee ahead of us on the three seed line.

Michigan State, Purdue, UNC and Duke are the #2 seeds in the matrix.

I have to imagine the NCAA will take into account the major injury issue with Auburn,.

If we beat Cincy tomorrow, we pass them.

Purdue plays Penn State today.

Tenn has a home game vs Georgia today for at least a share of the SEC title. They aren't going to lose that game.

As everybody knows from the ESPNDuke channel, UNC plays at Duke today.

RE: NCAA seeding - SubGod22 - 03-03-2018 06:25 PM

Even if we win out, I'm not sure we can rise above a 3 seed. We'd still need more help to do better.

RE: NCAA seeding - Bearcats#1 - 03-04-2018 10:37 AM

(03-03-2018 06:25 PM)SubGod22 Wrote:  Even if we win out, I'm not sure we can rise above a 3 seed. We'd still need more help to do better.

maybe, but its a great year for that

there will be upsets in the conference tourneys no doubt

win or lose today, both UC and WSU will be in a position to move up in seedings or at worst, hold serve

we are in a good spot.

Neither team can afford to lose today and then get upset in their AAC opener. As long as neither of us do that, we are in a great spot.

RE: NCAA seeding - doss2 - 03-04-2018 03:09 PM

After today a 4

RE: NCAA seeding - pvtlamb - 03-04-2018 06:02 PM

A three is still very possible.

RE: NCAA seeding - Bearcats#1 - 03-04-2018 07:24 PM

depends on what a few other schools do but a 3 is still possible for WSU.
4 would be the absolute worse, and its still a protected seed

I think UC could be a 2 best case and 3 worse case at this point...we'll see

I know this...BOTH of our clubs are going to be better off for playing each other. It can only help, and especially THIS LATE in the year. These games, with what was on the line, with the atmosphere, with the quality of play, the physicality, etc. were like S16/E8 games in the Big Dance.

Great practice for us both.