CSNbbs
What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+----- Forum: Pro Sports (/forum-516.html)
+----- Thread: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? (/thread-841945.html)

Pages: 1 2

What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Love and Honor - 02-04-2018 10:32 PM

Discuss

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - PirateTreasureNC - 02-04-2018 10:49 PM

Gotta go with the Stanley Cup.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Curumim - 02-04-2018 10:51 PM

(02-04-2018 10:49 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Gotta go with the Stanley Cup.
I have to agree.

Sent from my SM-N910C using CSNbbs mobile app

What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Jjoey52 - 02-04-2018 11:21 PM

None of the others compare to the Stanley Cup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Jjoey52 - 02-04-2018 11:21 PM

(02-04-2018 11:21 PM)Jjoey52 Wrote:  None of the others compare to the Stanley Cup and I am not really an NHL fan.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - C2__ - 02-05-2018 02:14 AM

Not enough people south of the Frost Belt care about the Stanley Cup for it to matter. The NHL is invisible down here and that includes the Dallas Stars (they get zero coverage in the Houston media...zero).

The most prestigious trophy has to be the Lombardi. The NFL is the biggest game around.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - BadgerMJ - 02-05-2018 07:42 AM

Lord Stanley's Cup is by far & away the best.

Lombardi is a distant second.

Commissioner's Trophy is hideous and the NBA trophy seems to be a rip off of Lombardi with a basketball.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - PirateTreasureNC - 02-05-2018 10:39 AM

You can drink your championship beverage out of the Stanley Cup and you get to keep it a year with each player having it a day or whatever. Then, you get your name engraved on it.

Mic drop.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Wedge - 02-05-2018 12:50 PM

Stanley Cup certainly has the most colorful history. And it's much larger than the others, as we can see in this photo of all four in the same place.

IMO the MLB trophy is the best looking of these.

[Image: 082710-Pregame-04.jpg]

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - C2__ - 02-05-2018 06:21 PM

As I said, the NHL is invisible some places, including here.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - vandiver49 - 02-05-2018 06:45 PM

(02-05-2018 12:50 PM)Wedge Wrote:  Stanley Cup certainly has the most colorful history. And it's much larger than the others, as we can see in this photo of all four in the same place.

While the Cup is cooler, I agree with you that the Commisioners’ trophy has a kind of time class that I enjoy.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - dbackjon - 02-05-2018 06:46 PM

(02-05-2018 10:39 AM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  You can drink your championship beverage out of the Stanley Cup and you get to keep it a year with each player having it a day or whatever. Then, you get your name engraved on it.

Mic drop.

Yup - no contest.

Is winning the NFL a bigger deal? Sure. But we are talking about the trophy itself.

What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Jjoey52 - 02-05-2018 07:55 PM

(02-05-2018 06:45 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(02-05-2018 12:50 PM)Wedge Wrote:  Stanley Cup certainly has the most colorful history. And it's much larger than the others, as we can see in this photo of all four in the same place.

While the Cup is cooler, I agree with you that the Commisioners’ trophy has a kind of time class that I enjoy.

Agree the MLB trophy is the nicest looking, but the Cup aphasia all the history and tradition. Also, someone gave their-baby a bath in it.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - PirateTreasureNC - 02-05-2018 09:46 PM

Ok, I'll give MLB #2 based on the flags around it. Question though, how many flags are there and do they have some significance?

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - C2__ - 02-05-2018 11:43 PM

I think some of you are underestimating the NBA if this is about which trophy is the most iconic. They're all more or less equal. I might give the nod to the NHL if, as I noted many times, it wasn't completely invisible many places.

Therefore, because it appeals to the most people, I'd say the NFL trophy is the most iconic, followed by MLB.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - Wedge - 02-06-2018 12:02 AM

(02-05-2018 09:46 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  Ok, I'll give MLB #2 based on the flags around it. Question though, how many flags are there and do they have some significance?

30 flags, one representing each MLB franchise.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - BadgerMJ - 02-06-2018 07:42 AM

(02-05-2018 02:14 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  Not enough people south of the Frost Belt care about the Stanley Cup for it to matter. The NHL is invisible down here and that includes the Dallas Stars (they get zero coverage in the Houston media...zero).

The most prestigious trophy has to be the Lombardi. The NFL is the biggest game around.

And that's a crying shame.

Hockey isn't an easy game to understand at first, but if people would take the time to learn it then actually watch it, they might appreciate how great a game it truly is.

They might also realize how simplistic and cheap the NBA is as well.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - C2__ - 02-06-2018 08:08 AM

Crying shame or not, it's not hard to understand. It doesn't get cold enough for kids to grow up playing pick up games of ice hockey many places. I can't exactly walk out to the frozen over lake for a game the way I can for most any other sport on grass, hardwood or concrete. It's nothing personal but just the way it is.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - C2__ - 02-06-2018 08:16 AM

If I was tall enough, I could try and imitate some dunk I saw by Michael Jordan at the rec center. I can't practice Wayne Gretzsky's moves so easily. I'd have to pay for time at the ice rink. You can only guess why inner city youths don't grow up playing hockey as opposed to basketball.

RE: What is the most iconic Big Four league trophy? - BadgerMJ - 02-06-2018 11:16 AM

(02-06-2018 08:08 AM)_C2_ Wrote:  Crying shame or not, it's not hard to understand. It doesn't get cold enough for kids to grow up playing pick up games of ice hockey many places. I can't exactly walk out to the frozen over lake for a game the way I can for most any other sport on grass, hardwood or concrete. It's nothing personal but just the way it is.

I think it goes beyond that.

One doesn't need to have played a sport to appreciate the quality or skill necessary to be good at it let alone appreciate it. I've never played cricket or curling but I can still appreciate the sports. I love watching curling during the Olympics, it's a fascinating sport that requires some level of thinking and strategy.

Maybe it's because hockey (and baseball for the most part) hasn't had to dumb itself down for people, unlike the NBA.

Who knows, but I still think if people took the time to learn and watch the sport, they'd grow to love it. 35 million Canadiens can't be wrong... 03-lmfao