CSNbbs
Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY (/thread-838781.html)

Pages: 1 2

Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - WesternBlazer - 12-31-2017 02:31 PM

http://www.thedailytimes.com/sports/maryville-s-dylan-hopkins-alcoa-s-jack-warwick-named-daily/article_9f37a650-4ba8-5c64-9a9e-6b276ddd3848.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - jcduncan13 - 01-01-2018 01:26 PM

I can’t wait to see this guy in green and gold. Go blazers!

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - BlazinBham - 01-01-2018 01:32 PM

With him being the most athletic of the three qbs, I’d let Hopkins get some first string reps in early fall camp. See if there’s anything there.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - ATTALLABLAZE - 01-01-2018 01:42 PM

He will most likely be red shirted.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - Big Dee - 01-01-2018 02:16 PM

(01-01-2018 01:32 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  With him being the most athletic of the three qbs, I’d let Hopkins get some first string reps in early fall camp. See if there’s anything there.

I would too.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - BlazinBham - 01-01-2018 07:00 PM

(01-01-2018 01:42 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  He will most likely be red shirted.

I hope they make that decision after fall camp. Who’s the best player at the end of fall camp? We redshirted Johnston and got away with it. Had Erdley been hurt, we would’ve been F’d.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - Big Dee - 01-01-2018 07:38 PM

(01-01-2018 07:00 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  

I hope they make that decision after fall camp. Who’s the best player at the end of fall camp? We redshirted Johnston and got away with it. Had Erdley been hurt, we would’ve been F’d.

+1

Don't need a Ball St situation.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - busch - 01-01-2018 08:15 PM

Way too early to say that.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - Big Dee - 01-01-2018 08:29 PM

Not to derail, it's a stretch that S. Brown starts at RB too.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - WesternBlazer - 01-01-2018 09:04 PM

(01-01-2018 08:29 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  Not to derail, it's a stretch that S. Brown starts at RB too.

I don't know about a stretch as I think he will get every opportunity to keep his spot, but he will be challenged. He will have to get better. Sometimes he wasn't as physical as he needed to be. He also has to get better catching the football.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - cb4029 - 01-01-2018 09:58 PM

Coach will play the best guys. Some of our guys have established themselves as the best option. Sorry, but they won't be dethroned. Keep dreaming. 05-stirthepot

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - busch - 01-01-2018 09:58 PM

(01-01-2018 08:29 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  Not to derail, it's a stretch that S. Brown starts at RB too.

You really think it's "a stretch" that he starts? That's a whole bunch different than saying he will be challenged for the job. I understand you often just say stuff to get a reaction. But, that's just stupid.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - ATTALLABLAZE - 01-01-2018 10:05 PM

(01-01-2018 08:15 PM)busch Wrote:  

Your right. How about I'm betting he will get red shirted? 04-cheers

I do think Spenser will be pushed some but I'll say its a stretch he won't start.

I'm looking forward to Thunder and Lightning in the backfield.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - busch - 01-01-2018 10:09 PM

(01-01-2018 10:05 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  
(01-01-2018 08:15 PM)busch Wrote:  

Your right. How about I'm betting he will get red shirted? 04-cheers

I do think Spenser will be pushed some but I'll say its a stretch he won't start.

I'm looking forward to Thunder and Lightning in the backfield.

I like it. I hope he's a redshirt, because that's means it's a real solid situation at quarterback. I am excited to see what he can do at UAB, though.
I totally agree that Spencer will be pushed. I think you have the prediction right (instead of the other prediction). I do like the potential running back depth. Definitely need some Lightning in the backfield.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - ATTALLABLAZE - 01-01-2018 10:22 PM

Yea that was my thought about qb. Yea that means we are fine there. I like the kid and want to see what he can do. Hope he has a solid career here. Hoping we get some more OTs and some lightning at WR as well! Really like how Donnie Lee progressed. He will be a solid backup and I like how he catches the ball out of the backfield. Also had some good blocks pass blocking as well.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - Big Dee - 01-01-2018 11:14 PM

(01-01-2018 09:04 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  

I don't know about a stretch as I think he will get every opportunity to keep his spot, but he will be challenged. He will have to get better. Sometimes he wasn't as physical as he needed to be. He also has to get better catching the football.

Kid has to grow up quick, he was scared ****less in that Florida game. I think if they hold a true competition he might be beaten by both Street and Davis(pending). Pass catching and pass blocking is the key. All three were great instate high school RB's. Street and Davis looked better seemed more like naturals.

When does the recruiting period heat back up? Coates and Morgan are pretty good backs hope we bring in both.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - busch - 01-02-2018 09:55 AM

Dead period for recruiting ends on Jan. 11, then it's a sprint to signing day. Look forward to see what happens.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - hooverblazer - 01-02-2018 10:00 AM

Spencer was a freshman all-american. I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't our starter. He has things he can improve on for sure and I think his carries should decrease next year with more options in the backfield.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - busch - 01-02-2018 10:05 AM

(01-02-2018 10:00 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  

Spencer was a freshman all-american. I'll be pretty surprised if he isn't our starter. He has things he can improve on for sure and I think his carries should decrease next year with more options in the backfield.

Decreased carries is a good thing. I thought he was worn down by the end of the year. Hopefully, he has the same amount of yards (or more) with less carries.

RE: Maryville, TN QB Dylan Hopkins, a @UAB_FB signee, named Daily Times Offensive POY - B'ham Blazer - 01-02-2018 10:14 AM

(01-02-2018 10:05 AM)busch Wrote:  
(01-02-2018 10:00 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  

Decreased carries is a good thing. I thought he was worn down by the end of the year. Hopefully, he has the same amount of yards (or more) with less carries.

Less carries would be a good thing. So would a true, spread/tempo offense.........time f to exploit some mismatches! #outwitemall