CSNbbs
UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum (/thread-838520.html)

UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - BlazerGold09 - 12-28-2017 12:46 PM

https://thedailydragon.com/2017/12/28/uab-hosts-middle-tennessee-saturday-seeking-10th-win-and-conference-momentum/

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - Big Dee - 12-28-2017 03:02 PM

Boy if coaches read message board's they wouldve seen I recommend they recruit mtsu's Ant Johnson. Smh

Wonder how they decide to defend King and his 20 plus points. Always felt like this was the scoring output he needed from Rob Brown when he was here. Anyway back to King do we actually try to stop him or we let him get what he gets and limit 2-4 scoring options.

This seems like a game for Gueye and Lavender to foul and draw fouls on King and maybe a four guard set at times.

Oh yeah it was great beating j.p. moorman and his squad earlier in the season, hopeful we can beat mtsu all 2-3 times. Like it when we beat certain recruits.

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - TheGORILLA - 12-28-2017 04:11 PM

It's not all about what we can do to beat MTSU, but it is also about what MTSU is going to have to do to beat UAB. I expect Ehsan to be utilizing Gueye and Smallwood for longer periods of playing time, thus giving us more depth in the paint for the long haul of forty minutes, especially on defense and rebounding.

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - jthrashr - 12-28-2017 05:14 PM

Cokley usually struggles scoring against true post players, so I think this game comes and goes with Lee's success. We win if we have less than 14 turnovers and more than 5 threes.

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - Big Dee - 12-28-2017 06:21 PM

(12-28-2017 04:11 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  It's not all about what we can do to beat MTSU, but it is also about what MTSU is going to have to do to beat UAB. I expect Ehsan to be utilizing Gueye and Smallwood for longer periods of playing time, thus giving us more depth in the paint for the long haul of forty minutes, especially on defense and rebounding.

Doubt Smallwood gets more playing time but hey what do I know. Gueye maybe if he comes in and defend.

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - WesternBlazer - 12-28-2017 07:09 PM

(12-28-2017 06:21 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  
(12-28-2017 04:11 PM)TheGORILLA Wrote:  It's not all about what we can do to beat MTSU, but it is also about what MTSU is going to have to do to beat UAB. I expect Ehsan to be utilizing Gueye and Smallwood for longer periods of playing time, thus giving us more depth in the paint for the long haul of forty minutes, especially on defense and rebounding.

Doubt Smallwood gets more playing time but hey what do I know. Gueye maybe if he comes in and defend.

If MTSU gets easy post entry passes I could see Gueye getting more PT...

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - Memphis Blazer - 12-28-2017 07:35 PM

If coaches ever read message boards, I'm sure they quit a long time ago after the repeated strategy posts involving Smallwood

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - Big Dee - 12-28-2017 09:17 PM

(12-28-2017 07:09 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  
(12-28-2017 06:21 PM)Big Dee Wrote:  

If MTSU gets easy post entry passes I could see Gueye getting more PT...

Wouldn't mind it, sucks we don't have a stronger frontcourt. Think Mak is starting to get the hang of it.

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - WesternBlazer - 12-28-2017 09:36 PM

I actually meant at the top of the defense making it harder to pass over him to the post player...

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - Big Dee - 12-28-2017 09:45 PM

(12-28-2017 09:36 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  I actually meant at the top of the defense making it harder to pass over him to the post player...

I gotcha, a little 1-3-1 actions. I was just saying whenever, wherever he plays since he kinda plays the 3-5 he's gotta defend in today's positionless basketball. He's too athletic to not make an impact.

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - BlazerGold09 - 12-29-2017 09:34 AM

(12-28-2017 09:36 PM)WesternBlazer Wrote:  I actually meant at the top of the defense making it harder to pass over him to the post player...

We use him a good deal in the 1-3-1

RE: UAB Hosts Middle Tennessee Saturday Seeking 10th Win and Conference Momentum - BlazinBham - 12-29-2017 05:12 PM

Not counting our games vs d2 opponents.

Combined records of teams we’ve beat this season. 30-62
-Memphis is lone team with winning record at 9-4
- MVSU and AAMU are a combined 0-26

Combined record of teams we’ve lost to this season. 29-22
-Richmond is 2-10
-AU is 11-1