CSNbbs
Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? (/thread-838413.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - AppManDG - 12-29-2017 04:31 PM

(12-29-2017 04:04 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Do you guys even know how the question was framed?

Maybe he was asked, "How do you think Nate Woody will do at Georgia Tech since he's taking over as DC?"
All you can go on is the article. There are some behind the scenes issues that make the comments a little more than interesting. I've known Shawn a long time. He's not one to miss out on the chance to stick it in and twist it a bit.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - hendoapp - 12-29-2017 07:02 PM

(12-29-2017 08:18 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/gsu-elliott-question-nate-woody-will-succeed-georgia-tech/OOe3pQ9FZ1lvz7rYnR8CZK/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Why is Elliot commenting on this before it is officially announced? I understand the writer trying to scoop the story, but this shows poor judgement on Elliot's part, or (my cynical side coming out) he is trying to impact our recruiting by talking about what a big loss it is for App. Esp with one unsigned player App has been after a long time, but GASt just recently offered.

Stupid article ! Ask him how it is to ride some coat tails !

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - AppManDG - 12-29-2017 08:52 PM

(12-29-2017 07:02 PM)hendoapp Wrote:  
(12-29-2017 08:18 AM)AppManDG Wrote:  http://www.myajc.com/sports/college/gsu-elliott-question-nate-woody-will-succeed-georgia-tech/OOe3pQ9FZ1lvz7rYnR8CZK/amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Why is Elliot commenting on this before it is officially announced? I understand the writer trying to scoop the story, but this shows poor judgement on Elliot's part, or (my cynical side coming out) he is trying to impact our recruiting by talking about what a big loss it is for App. Esp with one unsigned player App has been after a long time, but GASt just recently offered.

Stupid article ! Ask him how it is to ride some coat tails !
It wouldn't surprise me one bit if Elliot contacted the writer. He has an agenda.

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - Eagle22 - 01-09-2018 10:27 AM

So Woody is now official at Georgia Tech and App has promoted Bryan Brown internally to their DC position.

Wasn't surprised to see an internal promotion once Gasparato left Wofford for App, prior to a DC hire being named.

Any App fans insight on this ? Sort of surprised I hadn't seen it posted here (or perhaps I missed it).

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - Saint3333 - 01-09-2018 10:40 AM

Brown is looked at favorably by most, certainly a great developer of talent.

App needed a guy that runs a similar 3-4 scheme.

I'm more surprised we retained other defensive assistants. Originally it was rumored Woody would take two guys with him.

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - NewJersey GATA - 01-09-2018 10:53 AM

What type of defense did GT run in 2017?

3-4 or 4-3

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - TheMackAttack - 01-09-2018 02:00 PM

They ran a 4-3. They’re going to suffer through some growing pains and not be happy with it. I’m glad Nate is getting his payday but I think he’s gonna get fired there after two years because they throw DCs under the bus like clockwork at GT and you need a lot of patience to get his system into place, but man is it with the wait.

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - AppManDG - 01-09-2018 09:35 PM

(01-09-2018 10:40 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Brown is looked at favorably by most, certainly a great developer of talent.

I'm more surprised we retained other defensive assistants. Originally it was rumored Woody would take two guys with him.
Looks like Ivey will be staying in Boone.

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - trapdrawApp - 01-09-2018 10:57 PM

(01-09-2018 09:35 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  
(01-09-2018 10:40 AM)Saint3333 Wrote:  Brown is looked at favorably by most, certainly a great developer of talent.

Looks like Ivey will be staying in Boone.

Glad he’s staying for many tangible reasons but he has become the fiery locker room coach that the players feed off.

RE: Nate Woody to Georgia Tech? - NewJersey GATA - 01-10-2018 10:09 AM

Georgia Southern, GT, and UGA now all running a 3-4 defense. Hopefully some of the state H.S. will begin transitioning over to the 3-4 so they are better prepared entering college.