CSNbbs
Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU (/thread-837431.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - BurlingtonApp - 12-19-2017 02:32 PM

(12-19-2017 02:22 PM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 02:14 PM)panama Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 02:03 PM)airtroop Wrote:  I was just wondering if this makes GSU the youngest team to ever win a bowl game...anybody?

I thought USA had a bowl win?

Correct

Am I missing something?

I thought USA was 0-2 in bowls, with a loss in the Camellia Bowl and a loss last year to Air Force.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - panama - 12-19-2017 02:35 PM

(12-19-2017 02:32 PM)BurlingtonApp Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 02:03 PM)airtroop Wrote:  I was just wondering if this makes GSU the youngest team to ever win a bowl game...anybody?

Correct

Am I missing something?

I thought USA was 0-2 in bowls, with a loss in the Camellia Bowl and a loss last year to Air Force.

Yeah they are.

Actually fastest from what I can tell is FAU in year 4 in FBS

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - panama - 12-19-2017 02:40 PM

(12-19-2017 02:35 PM)panama Wrote:  

Correct

Am I missing something?

Yeah they are.

GS in year 2

Not counting Marshall because that was ibviously under old rules.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - eaglewraith - 12-19-2017 03:29 PM

(12-19-2017 02:40 PM)panama Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 02:35 PM)panama Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 02:14 PM)panama Wrote:  I thought USA had a bowl win?

Correct

Am I missing something?

Yeah they are.

GS in year 2

Not counting Marshall because that was ibviously under old rules.

GS/App in first year of eligibility.

But in terms of youngest program?

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - TheEagleWay - 12-19-2017 04:05 PM

Correct

Am I missing something?

errrr... misread that..

That's what I get for trying to answer something before darting to a meeting.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - thefaU - 12-19-2017 04:18 PM

(12-19-2017 03:29 PM)eaglewraith Wrote:  GS/App in first year of eligibility.

But in terms of youngest program?

Youngest program to play in a FBS bowl game: UTSA @ 5 years
Youngest program to win a FBS bowl game: Florida Atlantic @ 7 years
Youngest program (established within the last 50 years) to win a FBS championship: Florida Atlantic @ 7 years

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - panama - 12-19-2017 04:28 PM

We are still tracking well.

First Bowl in year 6
First Bowl Win Year 8

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - TroyFootball05 - 12-19-2017 04:30 PM

The argument about who is the "fastest" to do something has always been silly to me. The rules are obviously different now than they were 100 years ago. It's certainly not a predictor of future success either. Startups that have a much easier path to football success in the 21st century always rub it in the faces of the 100 year old programs when they beat them like they were some football Gods. Then they realize the path to continued success is marred by the same ups and downs everyone goes through, and they finally face reality and come back down to Earth. We've heard it from FAU, GSU, and USA fans. We've also heard it from FCS move ups. It is what it is.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - thefaU - 12-19-2017 04:31 PM

(12-19-2017 04:28 PM)panama Wrote:  We are still tracking well.

First Bowl in year 6
First Bowl Win Year 8

Yup, Georgia State has been doing extremely well for such a young football program!

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - StanMolsonMan - 12-19-2017 04:34 PM

(12-19-2017 04:28 PM)panama Wrote:  We are still tracking well.

First Bowl in year 6
First Bowl Win Year 8

Shut it down! Should have taken half that time!

[Image: tenor.gif]

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - thefaU - 12-19-2017 04:37 PM

(12-19-2017 04:30 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  The argument about who is the "fastest" to do something has always been silly to me. The rules are obviously different now than they were 100 years ago. It's certainly not a predictor of future success either. Startups that have a much easier path to football success in the 21st century always rub it in the faces of the 100 year old programs when they beat them like they were some football Gods. Then they realize the path to continued success is marred by the same ups and downs everyone goes through, and they finally face reality and come back down to Earth. We've heard it from FAU, GSU, and USA fans. We've also heard it from FCS move ups. It is what it is.

I was just answering the question posed, but I understand your argument. To add to your point, even the number of bowls now compared to the 2000's is vastly different. The Sun Belt also only had one tie-in back in the day.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - panama - 12-19-2017 04:38 PM

(12-19-2017 04:36 PM)thefaU Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 04:30 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  The argument about who is the "fastest" to do something has always been silly to me. The rules are obviously different now than they were 100 years ago. It's certainly not a predictor of future success either. Startups that have a much easier path to football success in the 21st century always rub it in the faces of the 100 year old programs when they beat them like they were some football Gods. Then they realize the path to continued success is marred by the same ups and downs everyone goes through, and they finally face reality and come back down to Earth. We've heard it from FAU, GSU, and USA fans. We've also heard it from FCS move ups. It is what it is.

I was just answering the question posed, but I understand your argument. To add to your point, even the number of bowls now compared to the 2000's is vastly different. The Sun Belt only had one tie-in back in the day.
And why I didn't include Marshall. Really we are talking BCS era forward. Because things were different 20, 40, 75 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - TroyFootball05 - 12-19-2017 04:42 PM

(12-19-2017 04:37 PM)thefaU Wrote:  

I was just answering the question posed, but I understand your argument. To add to your point, even the number of bowls now compared to the 2000's is vastly different. The Sun Belt also only had one tie-in back in the day.

Yeah it was rough sledding back then. I will never forgive you for 2007.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - thefaU - 12-19-2017 04:51 PM

(12-19-2017 04:42 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  Yeah it was rough sledding back then. I will never forgive you for 2007.

I didn't get to see that one in person, but I did go to our home game the following year! I believe you've beaten us every other meeting, though. Haha. I really enjoyed playing Troy. You were our other main rival, aside from FIU.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - JCGSU - 12-19-2017 04:58 PM

(12-19-2017 01:26 PM)panama Wrote:  I said years ago that any FBS school in Georgia should look at 9 wins as a minimum standard. I think eventually all four programs will be that dominant.

Nine is a little ambitious year in and out with all the coaching turn over and just bad luck with roster turn over which did play a big part in our demise this year. Multi year avg I could be more on board with.

Depending on the amount of elite P5 money games scheduled I had it at 8 or 7. That allows for two money game losses three conf losses and or two conf losses and FBS OOC loss. No excuse with only having to fill up a tank of gas to see all the talent you would ever need and be home for dinner. Even less for GaSt. being so close to Gwinnett.

Georgia has over 4000 kids on college football rosters, the SEC and other P5's can pick all they want plenty of talent left over just have to quit losing talented kids to sorry ass P5's and other G5's.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - panama - 12-19-2017 05:05 PM

(12-19-2017 04:58 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 01:26 PM)panama Wrote:  I said years ago that any FBS school in Georgia should look at 9 wins as a minimum standard. I think eventually all four programs will be that dominant.

Nine is a little ambitious year in and out with all the coaching turn over and just bad luck with roster turn over which did play a big part in our demise this year. Multi year avg I could be more on board with.

Depending on the amount of elite P5 money games scheduled I had it at 8 or 7. That allows for two money game losses three conf losses and or two conf losses and FBS OOC loss. No excuse with only having to fill up a tank of gas to see all the talent you would ever need and be home for dinner. Even less for GaSt. being so close to Gwinnett.

Georgia has over 4000 kids on college football rosters, the SEC and other P5's can pick all they want plenty of talent left over just have to quit losing talented kids to sorry ass P5's and other G5's.
CSE said a major reason for taking the State job was he can see 10 recruits in a day and sleep in his own bed. Yeah you're going to have down years but when you look at Alabama FBS programs this year it's kind of what you figure Georgia should look like.

And we should not be losing 3* kids to the MAC or Purdue.

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - JCGSU - 12-19-2017 05:14 PM

(12-19-2017 05:05 PM)panama Wrote:  

CSE said a major reason for taking the State job was he can see 10 recruits in a day and sleep in his own bed. Yeah you're going to have down years but when you look at Alabama FBS programs this year it's kind of what you figure Georgia should look like.

Certainly not but you cant land them if you dont go after them. Fritz was flipping kids from lower P5's. Tyson was going after kids with no offers or just FCS offers. Waiting to see if Lunsford has the Fritz mentallity or warm body mentality of Tyson. Fritz stated he would not give a scholarship to a kid unless he thought they were legit FBS starter material...he still has room to lead the AAC in recruiting this year depending on how he finishes...at Tulane...I am just glad he pretty much has left GA alone now.

Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - panama - 12-19-2017 05:16 PM

(12-19-2017 05:14 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  

Certainly not but you cant land them if you dont go after them. Fritz was flipping kids from lower P5's. Tyson was going after kids with no offers or just FCS offers. Waiting to see if Lunsford has the Fritz mentallity or warm body mentality of Tyson. Fritz stated he would not give a scholarship to a kid unless he thought they were legit FBS starter material...he still has room to lead the AAC in recruiting this year depending on how he finishes...at Tulane...I am just glad he pretty much has left GA alone now.

Yeah I might have paid that dude a kings ransom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RE: Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - JCGSU - 12-19-2017 05:19 PM

(12-19-2017 05:16 PM)panama Wrote:  

I would start working on a savings account for CSE based on this year and how recruiting is going for the second year. He improves over last year he is going to start making the radar of some AD's.

Cure Bowl GaSt-WKU - panama - 12-19-2017 05:23 PM

(12-19-2017 05:19 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 05:16 PM)panama Wrote:  
(12-19-2017 04:58 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Nine is a little ambitious year in and out with all the coaching turn over and just bad luck with roster turn over which did play a big part in our demise this year. Multi year avg I could be more on board with.

I would start working on a savings account for CSE based on this year and how recruiting is going for the second year. He improves over last year he is going to start making the radar of some AD's.

Told someone today pressure is on Becker and Cobb now. If he goes to another bowl and wins they need to tear up that contract. Also need to implement phase 2 of the stadium and get football moved to the stadium from the practice complex. A lot of G5’s have decisions to make. I am looking at you FAU and FIU.