CSNbbs
Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast (/thread-834368.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 05-13-2018 07:42 PM

Lots to catch up on this week. Would love some questions ... Send them in now.

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 05-14-2018 12:16 PM

Episode 62 is out. Here you go: https://omny.fm/shows/the-beat-and-the-beard/episode-62-for-uncw-baseball-it-all-comes-down-to

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 05-20-2018 09:31 AM

Does anyone have a question for this week? I know it's mostly baseball, but surely someone has an inquiry or two? Thanks!

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - Proff - 05-20-2018 06:41 PM

Other than the obvious (Royalty & Jeffers) - which of the other Hawks might be picked in the MLB draft?

Sent from my SM-G955U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - Seahawk Nation 08 - 05-21-2018 07:13 AM

(05-20-2018 06:41 PM)Proff Wrote:  Other than the obvious (Royalty & Jeffers) - which of the other Hawks might be picked in the MLB draft?

Cota, for sure.

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - Proff - 05-21-2018 08:27 AM

Yeah. Cota is a certainty also.

Sent from my SM-G955U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 05-21-2018 09:36 AM

Everything you need for the upcoming CAA Tourney, plus we address Proff's question. Episode 63 is here.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-beat-and-the-beard/episode-63-tournament-time-and-a-little-bit-of-gol

Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - B_Hawk06 - 05-27-2018 05:38 PM

Are the DiamondHawks gonna take the gold jerseys to the Regionals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 05-29-2018 08:35 AM

Get caught up on the CAA Tourney and prepared for the NCAA Regional with Episode 64 of The Beat and The Beard. It's available now.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-beat-and-the-beard/episode-64-regional-redemption-time

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - B_Hawk06 - 05-29-2018 09:45 AM

(05-29-2018 08:35 AM)AlexRileySN Wrote:  Get caught up on the CAA Tourney and prepared for the NCAA Regional with Episode 64 of The Beat and The Beard. It's available now.

https://omny.fm/shows/the-beat-and-the-beard/episode-64-regional-redemption-time

Yeeeaaaaaahhhh.

Excited to take a listen when I get home today.

How do you fellas feel about the 4 seed in the NCAAs? Did we get jobbed? I'm assuming Royalty will get the call for the opener vs ECU; have you heard anything that differs?

P.S. I'm feeling another 3 run victory!

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - solohawks - 06-03-2018 05:52 AM

Can we get a Michael barnes breakdown of the pizza box race?

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 06-03-2018 03:02 PM

I'm counting on it.

(06-03-2018 05:52 AM)solohawks Wrote:  Can we get a Michael barnes breakdown of the pizza box race?

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - ml1323 - 06-05-2018 05:37 PM

Hey Alex,

I just want to say great stuff with the podcast. I was wondering if this summer, when Michael does his update with Seahawks in the Pros, could we get updates on how some other sports alum are doing? I know we have some basketball players overseas at least on the men's side, and definitely some soccer players stateside and overseas.

Also, could we put a BnB sticker at Cookout next to campus?

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 06-06-2018 09:50 AM

That's certainly something we can look into. I'll talk with Michael about it today. Speaking of which, we'll be recording shortly so get your questions in now.

(06-05-2018 05:37 PM)ml1323 Wrote:  Hey Alex,

I just want to say great stuff with the podcast. I was wondering if this summer, when Michael does his update with Seahawks in the Pros, could we get updates on how some other sports alum are doing? I know we have some basketball players overseas at least on the men's side, and definitely some soccer players stateside and overseas.

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - B_Hawk06 - 06-06-2018 10:15 AM

(06-06-2018 09:50 AM)AlexRileySN Wrote:  That's certainly something we can look into. I'll talk with Michael about it today. Speaking of which, we'll be recording shortly so get your questions in now.

(06-05-2018 05:37 PM)ml1323 Wrote:  Hey Alex,

At least one of our diamond Hawks has a decision to make. Any news on how all non-senior drafted players are leaning, assuming 3 are definitely gone. Additionally, in the "way too early" category... who do you see being their replacements and how do we look as a squad as a whole next year?

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 06-06-2018 03:06 PM

We will be doing another show next week at some point and I encourage everyone to submit their "best of" suggestions for it. Either here, on Twiter (AlexRileySN) or via email (alex.riley@starnewsonline.com)

https://omny.fm/shows/the-beat-and-the-beard/episode-65-seahawks-come-oh-so-close-to-advancing

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - AlexRileySN - 06-11-2018 08:49 PM

On our next episode, we're going to look back at the year and we'd love your input. Here's what Michael and I will be discussing:

Top 5 moments (can be a game, a stretch during a season, just not the season itself)
Male/female athlete of the year
Coach of the Year
Breakout athlete of the year
3 things you’re looking forward to next year

Let us hear from you! Post here or email them to alex.riley@starnewsonline.com.

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - 70shawk - 06-12-2018 09:35 AM

Any insights into the rapprochement between UNCW and Brad Brownell?

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - Seahawkhoops - 06-12-2018 09:52 AM

(06-11-2018 08:49 PM)AlexRileySN Wrote:  On our next episode, we're going to look back at the year and we'd love your input. Here's what Michael and I will be discussing:

Top 5 moments (can be a game, a stretch during a season, just not the season itself)
Male/female athlete of the year
Coach of the Year- Scalf
Breakout athlete of the year- Jeffers
3 things you’re looking forward to next year- Young Baseball team taking the next step, seeing if C.B really is our man(hoping for big step forward year 2), CaCock's Sr year!

Let us hear from you! Post here or email them to alex.riley@starnewsonline.com.
Responses above

RE: Latest Episode of "The Beat and the Beard" UNCW sports podcast - billthebighawksfan - 06-12-2018 01:35 PM

Everything that Hoops has is good. I'll just add that I'm looking forward to more coverage of Superfan Michael's Harlem Shake and for there to be a bigger set of clones/groupies that participate when the cameras are rolling. Mike Vaccaro is the best and I'm sure that he can give this the props that it deserves!