CSNbbs
2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming (/thread-832858.html)

2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - solohawks - 11-08-2017 10:24 PM

Nov 11 v. Non D1 CAA.TV
Nov 14 @ Davidson Atlantic 10 Digital Network (PPV)
Nov 18 v. Campbell CAA.TV
Nov 24 Loyola Chicago @Savannah NONE
Nov 25 Valparaiso @Savannah NONE
Nov 30 @ ECU ESPN3; WatchESPN

Dec 10 @ LSU SEC Network +; WatchESPN
Dec 13 @ UNCG ESPN3; WatchESPN
Dec 17 v. Furman CAA.TV
Dec 21 North Dakota St @ El Paso CUSA.TV (PPV)
Dec 22 UTEP/Howard @ El Paso CUSA.TV (PPV)
Dec 28 v. Non D1 CAA.TV
Dec 30 v. Delaware CAA.TV

Jan 2 v. Drexel CAA.TV
Jan 5 @ Towson CAA.TV
Jan 7 @ Delaware Bluehens.com
Jan 11 @ Elon CAA.TV
Jan 13 v. Northeastern CAA.TV
Jan 18 @ Charleston CAA.TV
Jan 20 v. Towson CAA.TV
Jan 25 v. JMU CAA.TV
Jan 27 v. W&M CAA.TV

Feb 1 @ Hofstra Collegesportslive.com
Feb 3 @ Northeastern NESNPlus/CAA.TV
Feb 8 @ JMU CAA.TV
Feb 10 v. Hofstra CAA.TV
Feb 15 v. Elon CAA.TV
Feb 17 v. Charleston Collegesportslive.com
Feb 22 @ W&M CAA.TV
Feb 24 @ Drexel CAA.TV

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - 70shawk - 11-09-2017 06:23 AM

Nice. Thanks.

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - Pharmahawk - 11-09-2017 10:57 AM

Any word on what WILM-TV will pick up? I know last year they picked up some of the games. May determine if I go back to cable.

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - solohawks - 11-09-2017 11:38 AM

(11-09-2017 10:57 AM)Pharmahawk Wrote:  Any word on what WILM-TV will pick up? I know last year they picked up some of the games. May determine if I go back to cable.

WILM picked up games on the American Sports Network, which has now been transformed into Stadium..
The CAA has decided not to partner with them so NO CAA games will be produced and syndicated to outlets like WILM this year.

I personally think UNCW is missing the boat big time by not working directly with WILM in a similar manner to Charleston and their local independent TV station. But this is a sports media department who thought going without terrestrial radio 1 year was a good idea, so I'm disappointed but not surprised

If you want to watch UNCW this year the easiest way will be via Roku.

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - sctvman - 11-09-2017 12:53 PM

CofC’s not broadcasting any local TV games this year either. They were losing money on the telecasts. Also, most of the ads were for CofC themselves, so they weren’t selling many ads. It worked well 5 years ago when cordcutting was not a thing, but now so many teams have TV like facilities that our advantage was lost.

Also, the TV games hurt attendance a little bit. Last year our highest attendance was 4,631 for the UNCW game, still almost 500 short of a sellout. Most of our games were in the 3-4K range.

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - solohawks - 11-09-2017 02:27 PM

(11-09-2017 12:53 PM)sctvman Wrote:  CofC’s not broadcasting any local TV games this year either. They were losing money on the telecasts. Also, most of the ads were for CofC themselves, so they weren’t selling many ads. It worked well 5 years ago when cordcutting was not a thing, but now so many teams have TV like facilities that our advantage was lost.

Also, the TV games hurt attendance a little bit. Last year our highest attendance was 4,631 for the UNCW game, still almost 500 short of a sellout. Most of our games were in the 3-4K range.

Was the Charleston TV station charging for air time? I just don't understand how a local TV station struggling for quality programing wouldn't snap up the opportunity to have quality sports programming that would appeal to the market, even if they give CoC the airtime for free and the school and the station split the ad money

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - sctvman - 11-09-2017 03:59 PM

(11-09-2017 02:27 PM)solohawks Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 12:53 PM)sctvman Wrote:  CofC’s not broadcasting any local TV games this year either. They were losing money on the telecasts. Also, most of the ads were for CofC themselves, so they weren’t selling many ads. It worked well 5 years ago when cordcutting was not a thing, but now so many teams have TV like facilities that our advantage was lost.

Was the Charleston TV station charging for air time? I just don't understand how a local TV station struggling for quality programing wouldn't snap up the opportunity to have quality sports programming that would appeal to the market, even if they give CoC the airtime for free and the school and the station split the ad money

I believe they were. MyTV made them move their start time to 7:30 from 7 because they didn’t want their Big Bang Theory reruns to be preempted. They still broadcast high school games on Friday nights, but Sinclair owns the station, so its a mandate from them.

The old AD (Joe Hull) started that. The new AD made this change.

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - solohawks - 11-09-2017 04:41 PM

(11-09-2017 03:59 PM)sctvman Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 02:27 PM)solohawks Wrote:  

I believe they were. MyTV made them move their start time to 7:30 from 7 because they didn’t want their Big Bang Theory reruns to be preempted. They still broadcast high school games on Friday nights, but Sinclair owns the station, so its a mandate from them.

The old AD (Joe Hull) started that. The new AD made this change.

Dumb move by the tv station. Give air time for free and split the ad revenue. Everyone wins

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - getmhawks - 11-10-2017 06:41 AM

(11-09-2017 11:38 AM)solohawks Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 10:57 AM)Pharmahawk Wrote:  Any word on what WILM-TV will pick up? I know last year they picked up some of the games. May determine if I go back to cable.

WILM picked up games on the American Sports Network, which has now been transformed into Stadium..
The CAA has decided not to partner with them so NO CAA games will be produced and syndicated to outlets like WILM this year.

I personally think UNCW is missing the boat big time by not working directly with WILM in a similar manner to Charleston and their local independent TV station. But this is a sports media department who thought going without terrestrial radio 1 year was a good idea, so I'm disappointed but not surprised

If you want to watch UNCW this year the easiest way will be via Roku.

Just a heads up. Amazon fire now has the caa.tv app.

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - solohawks - 11-23-2017 10:09 AM

Can you pin this as a reference guide?

RE: 2017-2018 UNCW MBB Schedule w/ TV & Streaming - surfsalot - 11-23-2017 10:16 AM

Today I am thankful for Solohawk and his contributions to this board!??