CSNbbs
Nikki Blue - WBB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+---- Forum: WAC West Division (/forum-1008.html)
+----- Forum: Grand Canyon (/forum-988.html)
+----- Thread: Nikki Blue - WBB (/thread-819657.html)

Nikki Blue - WBB - RunnerBall - 06-07-2017 08:26 PM

So, our loss is the 'Lopes gain. Per Nick James at KGET TV, CSUB assistant and Bako native Nikki Blue headed to the GCU program. Congrats.

Here's her bio page from CSUB: http://www.gorunners.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=13300&ATCLID=209605194

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - Lopes87 - 06-07-2017 09:59 PM

Powell is trying to nab as many ex-WNBA players to put on her staff. I like it. Odd to see a in conference hire.

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - ThunderDan49 - 06-07-2017 10:00 PM

Powell is probably looking for an x's and o's assistant. She is an amazing recruiter, much like Majerle. She recruited the team that propelled Oregon on it's run this past year as an 11 seed.

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - JustALopesFan - 06-08-2017 10:48 AM

(06-07-2017 10:00 PM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  Powell is probably looking for an x's and o's assistant. She is an amazing recruiter, much like Majerle. She recruited the team that propelled Oregon on it's run this past year as an 11 seed.

A very good 11 seed that ended up being the first double digit seed to make a women's elite eight. Oregon last year was also the owner of the freshman of the year and 5th best recruiting class as well if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how this season is going to look as far as recruiting goes because she came in late with 6 scholarship spots to fill but it should be exciting either way.

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - ThunderDan49 - 06-08-2017 12:35 PM

(06-08-2017 10:48 AM)JustALopesFan Wrote:  
(06-07-2017 10:00 PM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  Powell is probably looking for an x's and o's assistant. She is an amazing recruiter, much like Majerle. She recruited the team that propelled Oregon on it's run this past year as an 11 seed.

A very good 11 seed that ended up being the first double digit seed to make a women's elite eight. Oregon last year was also the owner of the freshman of the year and 5th best recruiting class as well if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how this season is going to look as far as recruiting goes because she came in late with 6 scholarship spots to fill but it should be exciting either way.
I know that Powell has already signed a couple of new recruits since she started. I imagine the targeted players haven't changed with the changing of the guard.

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - JustALopesFan - 06-08-2017 07:19 PM

(06-08-2017 12:35 PM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  

I know that Powell has already signed a couple of new recruits since she started. I imagine the targeted players haven't changed with the changing of the guard.

I think that if they can get a couple of bigs they may be able to compete for third. Seattle and NMSU are leaps and bounds ahead of us right now but hopefully that changes soon. We did sneak a win against Seattle at home last year.

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - ThunderDan49 - 06-08-2017 09:33 PM

(06-08-2017 07:19 PM)JustALopesFan Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 12:35 PM)ThunderDan49 Wrote:  

I think that if they can get a couple of bigs they may be able to compete for third. Seattle and NMSU are leaps and bounds ahead of us right now but hopefully that changes soon. We did sneak a win against Seattle at home last year.
Yeah we definitely need some help up front, but I'm confident Powell can find some good size with what is left of the recuiting class.

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - JustALopesFan - 06-11-2017 12:02 PM

GCU adds Taylor Howard out of Texas today. She looks to be a big that gets her fair share of steals (1.3 pg)that doesn't shoot exceptionally well (37%) from the field and loves the long ball (36-100).

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - ThunderDan49 - 06-15-2017 07:50 PM

Coach Powell announced the rest of her staff today. She really pulled her staff from a variety of places, including bringing a grad assistant from University of Oregon. The complete update can be found here.

RE: Nikki Blue - WBB - gleadley - 06-15-2017 11:02 PM

Schedules should be coming next. I know Men's usually drops around July 1. Feel like Women's is usually around the same time.

UPDATE: Nevermind... WBB 2016-17 schedule released in mid-July. In the 3 seasons before that, the schedule was not announced until September. Yikes!)