CSNbbs
Time for mantrana to go? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: WACbbs (/forum-376.html)
+---- Forum: WAC Southwest Division (/forum-1009.html)
+----- Forum: Texas - Rio Grande Valley (/forum-992.html)
+----- Thread: Time for mantrana to go? (/thread-814993.html)

Time for mantrana to go? - Vaqueronation - 04-10-2017 12:15 AM

To the other utrgv posters here. Do you all think Mantrana has to be replaced already. The baseball team really hasn't gotten any better. Can't make the wac tourney, and he routinely misses on the local talent that's here. One of the few sports where we actually have legit D1 talent and it seems we barely scratch the surface. With the exception of Hipsher, every other sport that got a new coach has improved greatly. I think it's time Mantrana gets replaced.

RE: Time for mantrana to go? - edinburger - 04-11-2017 04:21 PM

(04-10-2017 12:15 AM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  To the other utrgv posters here. Do you all think Mantrana has to be replaced already. The baseball team really hasn't gotten any better. Can't make the wac tourney, and he routinely misses on the local talent that's here. One of the few sports where we actually have legit D1 talent and it seems we barely scratch the surface. With the exception of Hipsher, every other sport that got a new coach has improved greatly. I think it's time Mantrana gets replaced.

I don't follow baseball closely, but it does seem like it's been unimpressive lately. His long term record doesn't look super bad to me:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manny_Mantrana

RE: Time for mantrana to go? - WACfan86 - 04-17-2017 10:50 PM

The ingredients are there for Mantrana to go...... plus Sonny Galloway is available.

RE: Time for mantrana to go? - edinburger - 05-24-2017 07:21 PM

(04-10-2017 12:15 AM)Vaqueronation Wrote:  To the other utrgv posters here. Do you all think Mantrana has to be replaced already. The baseball team really hasn't gotten any better. Can't make the wac tourney, and he routinely misses on the local talent that's here. One of the few sports where we actually have legit D1 talent and it seems we barely scratch the surface. With the exception of Hipsher, every other sport that got a new coach has improved greatly. I think it's time Mantrana gets replaced.

Well, you got your wish. Looks like he's out.

RE: Time for mantrana to go? - Vaqueronation - 05-25-2017 03:54 PM

Now that it happened I kind of feel bad now lol. He seems like the most likable guy in any of the athletics teams. But the evidence was there. He couldn't win in the wac. King's "new" hires for the other sports have panned out well.