CSNbbs
Quinnipiac - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Drexel (/forum-681.html)
+----- Thread: Quinnipiac (/thread-803013.html)

Quinnipiac - dan10 - 12-20-2016 10:59 AM

I am not going to lie, I know almost nothing about this team. It is a road game so we likely will have our hands full. They certainly appear to be a feast or famine type of team. When they win, it tends to be by a considerable amount (10+) and when they lose they get blown out (10+). It appears their scoring is pretty balanced and they have 6 guys averaging over 20 minutes a game with 2 more getting over 15 (I included the guy averaging 14.9 here) a game and an additional 2 getting 10+ minutes a game. Depth does not appear to be an issue for the bobcats in this one. They are scoring very similarly to us averaging 76 points per game (we average 77). They take fewer 3's than us but not by a huge margin. Look fro this to be a battle of equals.

From similar opponents, they lost by 18 to Monmouth and beat Hartford by 20. This would appear like it will be a very close game. I will give the edge to the home team by default.

DU- 81
QU- 83

RE: Quinnipiac - MedicSBK - 12-20-2016 03:08 PM

I'm heading north for this one. Is anyone else going to be there?

RE: Quinnipiac - dan10 - 12-20-2016 03:11 PM

(12-20-2016 03:08 PM)MedicSBK Wrote:  I'm heading north for this one. Is anyone else going to be there?

Unless our team finds its way into the midwest/heartland of basketball I doubt I will ever get to see them play anytime soon. Was even worse when I was down south closest game was southern miss that I almost did (would have been an 8 hour trek).

RE: Quinnipiac - dan10 - 12-21-2016 07:14 AM

Quinnipiac is a 2.5 point favorite

RE: Quinnipiac - DrachenFire - 12-21-2016 02:03 PM

They really are very similar to us. Most glaring difference is defensive rebound control. Both teams are very good at grabbing offensive misses, but Quinnipiac is very good at limiting second chances by grabbing defensive rebounds while we aren't. They are a little better at shooting the 3 and foul shots, but are prone to having their pockets picked. Looks like they can be beat by taking it to the rim as their 2 point defense is not good and they are a bit more foul happy than us. Game should be a blur.

Not sure if our 2L2W thing extends to non-D1 competition, but doesn't matter as it'd be the 1st or 2nd either way, Overton locks it up.

DU: 85
QU: 79

RE: Quinnipiac - Dragon For Life - 12-21-2016 07:10 PM

I am watching the game and a common trend is being too confident trying to squeeze passes where they don't belong. I saw a few DAC Pack shirts at the game via computer :).

Quinnipiac - J.B. - 12-21-2016 09:09 PM

Really nice win tonight, and a great day for Drexel hoops as a whole with both teams picking up big road wins. I guess the story of the night was Rodney inside and Iceman from downtown. They knew that they had to take advantage of second chance opportunities to beat this team and the did just that.

It's still December, and with zero CAA games in the books, Dragons have matched last year's win total.

By the way, how about QU's arena? That's one nice place.

RE: Quinnipiac - Dragon For Life - 12-21-2016 09:11 PM

Drexel wins 91-74! Rodney with 25 points :)

RE: Quinnipiac - dan10 - 12-22-2016 07:32 AM

I missed out on seeing any of this one, but this game was clearly won on the offensive glass, which is a good sign. The only strange thing I noticed was that this was really the first game under Spiker where he used a short bench. Not sure if that was for some specific reason or just because the starters were on fire, but it is nice that we have the ability to use our depth when needed or rely on starters if things are going well. That can be a really powerful tool later in the season. Very nice road win heading into the holidays.

RE: Quinnipiac - J.B. - 12-22-2016 07:50 AM

(12-22-2016 07:32 AM)dan10 Wrote:  I missed out on seeing any of this one, but this game was clearly won on the offensive glass, which is a good sign. The only strange thing I noticed was that this was really the first game under Spiker where he used a short bench. Not sure if that was for some specific reason or just because the starters were on fire, but it is nice that we have the ability to use our depth when needed or rely on starters if things are going well. That can be a really powerful tool later in the season. Very nice road win heading into the holidays.

I didn't realize that until I saw the box score. But I guess Overton was still struggling with his shooting, and maybe with his injury, his minutes were limited. Also, Moran is not getting as many minutes as he did earlier in the year. While he was serviceable on the court, it just seemed like the team as a whole was not playing as well with him on the court as when he was not on the court. I'll be curious to know if Major will get any significant playing time this year or if his injuries will limit him to being a last off the bench guys for the rest of the year.

RE: Quinnipiac - Spearsie - 12-22-2016 08:55 AM

Good win last night, they had no answer for our bigs, especially Rodney, who had a highlight dunk flying in from the wing. Their announcers were still talking about it minutes later. Lesson for CAA teams - don't pressure the Dragons up the floor unless you have rim protectors on the back end.

RE: Quinnipiac - MedicSBK - 12-23-2016 01:57 PM

(12-22-2016 07:32 AM)dan10 Wrote:  I missed out on seeing any of this one, but this game was clearly won on the offensive glass, which is a good sign. The only strange thing I noticed was that this was really the first game under Spiker where he used a short bench. Not sure if that was for some specific reason or just because the starters were on fire, but it is nice that we have the ability to use our depth when needed or rely on starters if things are going well. That can be a really powerful tool later in the season. Very nice road win heading into the holidays.

The notion that he used a short bench might be deceptive.

I think that he is increasing Kurk Lee's minutes because he is handling the workload incredibly well. I'd like a few less than 4 turnovers though, but its the style of game that they play now.

Bah did not play tonight. He was on the bench in street clothes and a boot. Peck played 8 minutes. With the quality of game that Austin, Rodney and Tyshawn put up, there was no reason to go much deeper in the front court.

Overton had another rough game to say the least. Despite that though, I believe that I saw that whhen he was on the court his usage % was the highest on the team.

So really, Spiker used 9. The only thing that disappointed me was that Sam Green didnt get any more minutes. I'm starting to get the feeling that 9 is probably going to be the length that we see. If he uses that many against Penn, that might confirm it.