CSNbbs
AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? (/thread-802868.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - shere khan - 12-18-2016 09:52 PM

We can take any of them at any time. Who are your top 3?

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - M1T4 - 12-18-2016 09:55 PM

USM
Boise State
Army

The others are worthless

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - shere khan - 12-18-2016 10:01 PM

(12-18-2016 09:55 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  USM
Boise State
Army

The others are worthless
Maybe San Diego over Boise but they'd have to take 75% payout

AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - Chappy - 12-18-2016 10:04 PM

BYU
Army
Boise State
San Diego State
Air Force

I listed five because the first two aren't technically G5.

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - BigEastHomer - 12-18-2016 10:05 PM

Go East Coast...

UMASS

But give it A LOT of time... Like when they finally have a stadium, and show their commitment to being a quality athletics program.

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - First Mate - 12-18-2016 10:06 PM

(12-18-2016 09:52 PM)shere khan Wrote:  We can take any of them at any time. Who are your top 3?

Army
Air Force
BYU

No one in CUSA, MAC, or Sun Belt are even on the radar nor should they be.

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - hawghiggs - 12-18-2016 10:08 PM

Colorado state
New Mexico

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - PirateTreasureNC - 12-18-2016 10:12 PM

(12-18-2016 10:04 PM)Chappy Wrote:  BYU
Army
Boise State
San Diego State
Air Force

I listed five because the first two aren't technically G5.

Technically they aren't P5 either .... that said, I guess it depends on which P5 conference considers them non-G505-stirthepot

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - JHG722 - 12-18-2016 10:15 PM

San Francisco State
Colorado School of Mines

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - techdawg28 - 12-18-2016 10:23 PM

(12-18-2016 10:06 PM)First Mate Wrote:  
(12-18-2016 09:52 PM)shere khan Wrote:  We can take any of them at any time. Who are your top 3?

Army
Air Force
BYU

Air Force and BYU are so far away, I don't see this happening. Army joining would mean the Army-Navy game couldn't be its own week, so I doubt that happens, either.

Before you discredit C-USA so quickly, you wouldn't even give a second look to WKU, La Tech, MTSU? Southern Miss, Marshall? Right inside your geographic footprint. WKU and Marshall beat AAC teams last year. Tech and WKU basically dominated C-USA this year, and most games weren't even close. Both are playing AAC teams and are favored.

Am I saying these teams would win the AAC championship year 1? No, but they would make better additions than anyone else I can think of. I don't see anyone from the MWC moving over. Too far away, and although the AAC is somewhat better, the gap isn't large enough to justify the distance imo. Most of the AAC came from C-USA, so it seems logical that would be where any future teams would come from.

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - ah59396 - 12-18-2016 10:24 PM

(12-18-2016 10:23 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  

Army
Air Force
BYU

Air Force and BYU are so far away, I don't see this happening. Army joining would mean the Army-Navy game couldn't be its own week, so I doubt that happens, either.

Before you discredit C-USA so quickly, you wouldn't even give a second look to WKU, La Tech, MTSU? Southern Miss, Marshall? Right inside your geographic footprint. WKU and Marshall beat AAC teams last year. Tech and WKU basically dominated C-USA this year, and most games weren't even close. Both are playing AAC teams and are favored.

Am I saying these teams would win the AAC championship year 1? No, but they would make better additions than anyone else I can think of. I don't see anyone from the MWC moving over. Too far away, and although the AAC is somewhat better, the gap isn't large enough to justify the distance imo. Most of the AAC came from C-USA, so it seems logical that would be where any future teams would come from.

You're falling right into their trap and you don't even know it

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - M1T4 - 12-18-2016 10:25 PM

Army
Air Force
BYU

We already have teams in Tennessee and Louisiana. WKU is meh

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - Stay Cool - 12-18-2016 10:33 PM

=*(

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - techdawg28 - 12-18-2016 10:37 PM

(12-18-2016 10:25 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  

Army
Air Force
BYU

Memphis is good, but you have Tulane... Your Louisiana team is only the 4th best team in the state. Tech is #2. Assuming WKU's new coach keeps them at the level they've been, they're pretty good.

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - M1T4 - 12-18-2016 10:46 PM

(12-18-2016 10:37 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  

Army
Air Force
BYU

Memphis is good, but you have Tulane... Your Louisiana team is only the 4th best team in the state. Tech is #2. Assuming WKU's new coach keeps them at the level they've been, they're pretty good.

AAC is about expanding its market not diluting it. That's the only thing LA Tech would do. We need market appeal or brand power

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - techdawg28 - 12-18-2016 10:55 PM

(12-18-2016 10:46 PM)M1T4 Wrote:  
(12-18-2016 10:37 PM)techdawg28 Wrote:  
(12-18-2016 10:06 PM)First Mate Wrote:  Army
Air Force
BYU

AAC is about expanding its market not diluting it. That's the only thing LA Tech would do. We need market appeal or brand power

Well Tulane brought you none of that. Most of New Orleans is LSU country.

FWIW, if the Lady Techsters could get their crap together and starting winning again, that would be a pretty strong brand. If they got back to their old ways, Tech vs UConn would be something that mattered. Again, if they got their crap together again.

And as far as brand power goes, I don't see anyone else on this side of the country (you're not getting BYU or any MWC team) that could bring you that any better than a pair of C-USA teams could, except maybe App State. But you already have ECU, right? So if you ever do decide to expand, you're more than likely going to have to take a team from a state you already occupy.

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - Bearcats#1 - 12-18-2016 11:00 PM

Army
Boise
BYU

after that,
SDSU
AF

that's it...the others suck hind tit

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - WhoseHouse? - 12-18-2016 11:09 PM

Take no one, wait for the Big 12 to fall apart, then take the best available teams from that.

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - shere khan - 12-18-2016 11:16 PM

(12-18-2016 10:24 PM)ah59396 Wrote:  

Army
Air Force
BYU

You're falling right into their trap and you don't even know it
[Image: ackbar.jpeg?w=768&h=432&crop=1]

RE: AAC expansion. Which G4 school do you want? - JHG722 - 12-19-2016 12:14 AM

NIU
UNI