CSNbbs
#ProDukes (Archived) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: #ProDukes (Archived) (/thread-793451.html)

RE: #ProDukes - Purple - 10-25-2020 07:09 PM

Despite the pressure, on the 32-yard flick-of-the-wrist pass to Amari Cooper, Nooch proves he belongs.... https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1320443180731383809?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1320443180731383809%7Ctwgr%5Eshare_3%2Ccontainerclick_1&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ffansided.com%2F2020%2F10%2F25%2Fcowboys-backup-andy-dalton-ben-dinucci%2F

RE: #ProDukes - Anders - 10-25-2020 09:10 PM

With Dalton on concussion protocol, will we see Ben starting next week against Philly?

RE: #ProDukes - Bill - 10-25-2020 09:26 PM

It'll be great to see Ben start. With his O-line, he'll be doing a lot of scrambling, that's for sure.

RE: #ProDukes - Longhorn - 10-26-2020 12:18 AM

(10-25-2020 09:10 PM)Anders Wrote:  With Dalton on concussion protocol, will we see Ben starting next week against Philly?

Quite likely.

RE: #ProDukes - fishingduke12 - 10-26-2020 06:18 AM

I'm not exaggerating when I say I think Dinucci had a better line at JMU last year than what Dallas put on the field yesterday

RE: #ProDukes - Dukes84 - 10-26-2020 08:41 AM

I've seen some pretty harsh critiques of Ben's performance yesterday and that Dallas should trade for another QB (Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor were mentioned, among others). Dallas is on Sunday Night versus the Eagles, by the way. Dallas's line is awful right now, no question and the team has been awful with Dalton, considered the top backup in football probably. That doesn't bode well for DiNucci if he gets the start.

RE: #ProDukes - Dukester - 10-26-2020 08:53 AM

(10-26-2020 08:41 AM)Dukes84 Wrote:  I've seen some pretty harsh critiques of Ben's performance yesterday and that Dallas should trade for another QB (Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor were mentioned, among others). Dallas is on Sunday Night versus the Eagles, by the way. Dallas's line is awful right now, no question and the team has been awful with Dalton, considered the top backup in football probably. That doesn't bode well for DiNucci if he gets the start.

The Dallas offensive line is awful. "It seems to me" most players that leave a game due to a concussion return the next week. (obviously there are exceptions that last for weeks/months) For that reason, I don't see them trading for a significant backup this week. I don't see Dallas winning more than perhaps 1 game the rest of the season if Ben was QB.

For the life of me, I can't believe how bad Dallas is with the talent they have on that teams. Yes, some injuries, but they should be playing much better. As a Washington fan, I'm not sheading too many tears.

RE: #ProDukes - Dukester - 10-26-2020 08:55 AM

BTW - I was really hoping yesterday:

1) They would mention Jimmy and Ben in the same sentence being from JMU.
2) That Jimmy would pickoff a pass from Ben. 03-lmfao

RE: #ProDukes - Dukes84 - 10-26-2020 09:35 AM

Logan Thomas's Dad and perhaps his Mom too went to JMU. They could have mentioned that.

RE: #ProDukes - jmu98 - 10-26-2020 09:45 AM

(10-26-2020 08:41 AM)Dukes84 Wrote:  I've seen some pretty harsh critiques of Ben's performance yesterday and that Dallas should trade for another QB (Ryan Fitzpatrick and Tyrod Taylor were mentioned, among others). Dallas is on Sunday Night versus the Eagles, by the way. Dallas's line is awful right now, no question and the team has been awful with Dalton, considered the top backup in football probably. That doesn't bode well for DiNucci if he gets the start.

I am not sure how you could really critique him that way considering he was 2-3 passing and on the 3 sacks it wasn't like he held onto the ball as he really had not time to even make a read. The first play was on him and seemed to be nerves related which is understandable. I think the question is how long you expect Dalton to be out and also what you think your chances are to make the playoffs. I don't see Dalton playing this week as that was not your run of the mill concussion as he appeared to be out cold at least for a few seconds. I would think that he would at least miss this week if not a few more. If Dalton's prognosis is worse for some reason I could see them going out and trying to trade for someone, but that comes at a cost and don't see anyone being successful until the line can block.

#ProDukes - Halz87 - 10-26-2020 10:00 AM

As bad as non-JMU Dallas fans may see their quarterback predicament , they would be best served getting line help as opposed to another quarterback . There is no “game-changer” out there at qb. Get Ben some minimum protection .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: #ProDukes - Dukes84 - 10-26-2020 10:02 AM

(10-26-2020 09:45 AM)jmu98 Wrote:  

I am not sure how you could really critique him that way considering he was 2-3 passing and on the 3 sacks it wasn't like he held onto the ball as he really had not time to even make a read. The first play was on him and seemed to be nerves related which is understandable. I think the question is how long you expect Dalton to be out and also what you think your chances are to make the playoffs. I don't see Dalton playing this week as that was not your run of the mill concussion as he appeared to be out cold at least for a few seconds. I would think that he would at least miss this week if not a few more. If Dalton's prognosis is worse for some reason I could see them going out and trying to trade for someone, but that comes at a cost and don't see anyone being successful until the line can block.

I agree it's hard to evaluate Ben's performance given the circumstances and the lack of an offseason for a rookie QB. Washington has a top flight defensive line and they ate up the Dallas o-line. I also agree that I don't see Dalton playing this week after that kind of blow he took.

RE: #ProDukes - Purple - 10-26-2020 10:18 AM

(10-26-2020 06:18 AM)fishingduke12 Wrote:  I'm not exaggerating when I say I think Dinucci had a better line at JMU last year than what Dallas put on the field yesterday

I was thinking while watching that horrible line that there must have been some deja vu going on for Nooch, thinking back to his first season at JMU, especially the New Hampshire game.

RE: #ProDukes - mad_dog97 - 10-26-2020 11:39 AM

Good article in the Wall Street Journal of all places on Ben . . I know it's behind a paywall for most, so I'll provide a few summary quotes:

Link

Quote:The Dallas Cowboys had big plans for the 2020 season. None of them involved a guy named Ben DiNucci.

It’s OK that you haven’t heard of Ben DiNucci. You weren’t supposed to have heard of Ben DiNucci. But a series of unfortunate injuries for a team inside an extremely miserable division means that Ben DiNucci is suddenly one of the most important people in professional football.

. . .

James Madison, where DiNucci played after transferring from Pittsburgh, has been something of a football powerhouse in the Football Championship Subdivision, the level below where Joe Burrow played at LSU and Tua Tagovailoa at Alabama. DiNucci took the school to the FCS championship game and led FCS passers by completing 70.9% of his passes in 2019.

. . .

Then a confluence of bad teams and injuries made DiNucci not just their quarterback, but their potential linchpin for a playoff run. The timeline for Dalton, who suffered a concussion, to return is unclear.

“This team drafted me for a reason,” DiNucci said.

RE: #ProDukes - JMURocks - 10-26-2020 12:36 PM

(10-26-2020 11:39 AM)mad_dog97 Wrote:  Good article in the Wall Street Journal of all places on Ben . . I know it's behind a paywall for most, so I'll provide a few summary quotes:

Link

Quote:The Dallas Cowboys had big plans for the 2020 season. None of them involved a guy named Ben DiNucci.

It’s OK that you haven’t heard of Ben DiNucci. You weren’t supposed to have heard of Ben DiNucci. But a series of unfortunate injuries for a team inside an extremely miserable division means that Ben DiNucci is suddenly one of the most important people in professional football.

. . .

James Madison, where DiNucci played after transferring from Pittsburgh, has been something of a football powerhouse in the Football Championship Subdivision, the level below where Joe Burrow played at LSU and Tua Tagovailoa at Alabama. DiNucci took the school to the FCS championship game and led FCS passers by completing 70.9% of his passes in 2019.

. . .

Then a confluence of bad teams and injuries made DiNucci not just their quarterback, but their potential linchpin for a playoff run. The timeline for Dalton, who suffered a concussion, to return is unclear.

“This team drafted me for a reason,” DiNucci said.

Alternate Google search link to full article that worked for me:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/dallas-cowboys-ben-dinucci-andy-dalton-dak-prescott-11603718846

RE: #ProDukes - jmufan2008 - 10-26-2020 01:35 PM

I think he did pretty well yesterday. 2 for 3 (granted, his miss was pretty far away from everyone...I'm hoping was just a throwaway). His first pass was a dime and his second completion was drilled in nicely. I don't think they're going to let him scramble, which unfortunately is when he's at his best and could at least back off the defense a bit. Honestly, considering his experience level and the line he was working with, I'm not sure what else anyone expected. Even Dalton wasn't doing much better.

I completely agree if Dallas makes any moves it needs to be for the O-line. Hell, go take some other JMU alum and have them block for Ben. Do something. A more experienced backup isn't going to help the Cowboys out. You could put Wilson in the backfield for Dallas and they still wouldn't win. Their defense is setting records for futility and the O-line is equally as bad. I know all the heat gets put on the QB, but Ben isn't the Cowboys biggest issue. Get him good support and he'd probably do alright.

RE: #ProDukes - Longhorn - 10-26-2020 02:53 PM

(10-26-2020 01:35 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  I think he did pretty well yesterday. 2 for 3 (granted, his miss was pretty far away from everyone...I'm hoping was just a throwaway). His first pass was a dime and his second completion was drilled in nicely. I don't think they're going to let him scramble, which unfortunately is when he's at his best and could at least back off the defense a bit. Honestly, considering his experience level and the line he was working with, I'm not sure what else anyone expected. Even Dalton wasn't doing much better.

I completely agree if Dallas makes any moves it needs to be for the O-line. Hell, go take some other JMU alum and have them block for Ben. Do something. A more experienced backup isn't going to help the Cowboys out. You could put Wilson in the backfield for Dallas and they still wouldn't win. Their defense is setting records for futility and the O-line is equally as bad. I know all the heat gets put on the QB, but Ben isn't the Cowboys biggest issue. Get him good support and he'd probably do alright.

Admittedly it’s a small sample, but Ben’s QB rating yesterday was 109.7. Compare that to Dalton’s which was under 40.

RE: #ProDukes - orange-to-purple - 10-26-2020 03:28 PM

Since Dallas's O-line is a complete joke I don't think any sportswriter worth his/her paycheck should give DiNucci a hard time or write him off. Looked to me like he did a decent job in extremely challenging circumstances. Dalton hasn't been doing much better. He only gets decent press because he's been around longer.

RE: #ProDukes - JMUPride - 10-26-2020 04:44 PM

DiNucci mentioned on Skip and Shannon: Undisputed

Shannon isn't sure what our mascot is, and thinks we might be the "spiders", maybe the "presidents". At least Skip knew the conference (Colonial).

That show is a joke, but... Geez... Smh

RE: #ProDukes - Purple - 10-26-2020 06:12 PM

(10-26-2020 01:35 PM)jmufan2008 Wrote:  I think he did pretty well yesterday. 2 for 3 (granted, his miss was pretty far away from everyone...I'm hoping was just a throwaway). His first pass was a dime and his second completion was drilled in nicely. I don't think they're going to let him scramble, which unfortunately is when he's at his best and could at least back off the defense a bit. Honestly, considering his experience level and the line he was working with, I'm not sure what else anyone expected. Even Dalton wasn't doing much better.

I don't know how anyone could be disappointed in Ben's brief game experience Sunday. He threw for 67% with a rating three times Andy Dalton's. It was a baptism by fire. The 32-yard pass to Amari Cooper was very nice, demonstrating poise and confidence.

I believe Dallas should utilize Ben's running ability. It can make a defense half as effective as it would otherwise be. RPO, rolling and creating, is Ben's best game.