CSNbbs
#ProDukes (Archived) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: #ProDukes (Archived) (/thread-793451.html)

RE: #ProDukes - Polish Hammer - 02-08-2020 11:52 AM

Gives them more time to focus on getting ready for their pro day in March. Still thought at the very least Carter would get the invite. In the right system there’s a few players that could have a career in the NFL.

RE: #ProDukes - Dukester - 02-12-2020 04:57 PM

Does not appear Khalid received any carries for the defenders first game......

RE: #ProDukes - PurpleRain - 02-12-2020 05:06 PM

This is an area JMU could improve in and it would pay dividends throughout the program. Every year, JMU has a senior or two (sometimes a handful) who are regarded as a potential NFL player and yet I can not tell you the last time I saw a duke get a combine invite. And yet, every year NDSU has someone invited as well as a handful of players from other schools around the FCS. Combine invites are not about talent but who you know and who is talking to who. Somehow JMU needs to figure out how to be proper advocates for their graduating dukes who have given their heart and soul for the program.

There is no reason for Rhode Island to get two wide receivers invited and JMU can't get one player invited.

RE: #ProDukes - Dukester - 02-12-2020 05:44 PM

(02-12-2020 05:06 PM)PurpleRain Wrote:  This is an area JMU could improve in and it would pay dividends throughout the program. Every year, JMU has a senior or two (sometimes a handful) who are regarded as a potential NFL player and yet I can not tell you the last time I saw a duke get a combine invite. And yet, every year NDSU has someone invited as well as a handful of players from other schools around the FCS. Combine invites are not about talent but who you know and who is talking to who. Somehow JMU needs to figure out how to be proper advocates for their graduating dukes who have given their heart and soul for the program.

There is no reason for Rhode Island to get two wide receivers invited and JMU can't get one player invited.

Not sure how much of that I put on JMU. I believe a few year back either Norfolk State had multiple invites & draft picks.

So that must mean our talent is decent, but our coaching is great! 04-cheers

RE: #ProDukes - JMUDukes20 - 02-12-2020 06:02 PM

(02-12-2020 04:57 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Does not appear Khalid received any carries for the defenders first game......
He only played on special teams. He did make a couple tackles on kick coverage.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

RE: #ProDukes - Hotrod829 - 02-12-2020 09:38 PM

(02-12-2020 05:06 PM)PurpleRain Wrote:  This is an area JMU could improve in and it would pay dividends throughout the program. Every year, JMU has a senior or two (sometimes a handful) who are regarded as a potential NFL player and yet I can not tell you the last time I saw a duke get a combine invite. And yet, every year NDSU has someone invited as well as a handful of players from other schools around the FCS. Combine invites are not about talent but who you know and who is talking to who. Somehow JMU needs to figure out how to be proper advocates for their graduating dukes who have given their heart and soul for the program.

Combine invites are about talent, but this also includes measurable's like size, speed and agility. They hype train for a combine invite starts on the field. We have actually had a couple good players at combine , last one
I can think of was Watford. And those two WR's are All-American.

RE: #ProDukes - Polish Hammer - 02-12-2020 09:42 PM

How are players selected for the NFL Combine?

All 32 NFL teams are invited to provide input on draft-eligible players which is used by the Player Selection Committee to select each year’s participants. The Directors of both National and BLESTO scouting services, which combined represent 28 NFL teams, are joined by members of various NFL player personnel departments to form the committee. The participating NFL executives can rotate on a yearly basis, and remain anonymous. ALL eligible players are reviewed and voted on by the committee members. Each athlete receiving the necessary number of votes, by position, is then extended an invitation. While it is not a perfect science, the goal of the committee is to invite every player that will be drafted in the ensuing NFL Draft.”

RE: #ProDukes - DooX - 02-13-2020 03:41 PM

(02-12-2020 06:02 PM)JMUDukes20 Wrote:  
(02-12-2020 04:57 PM)Dukester Wrote:  Does not appear Khalid received any carries for the defenders first game......

I'm pretty sure the announcers said his name once. Didn't hear JMU though.

RE: #ProDukes - DooX - 02-15-2020 04:40 PM

Khalid with some carries in garbage time of a 21-0 game.

RE: #ProDukes - NH/JMU Saxkow - 02-15-2020 04:44 PM

(02-13-2020 03:41 PM)DooX Wrote:  
(02-12-2020 06:02 PM)JMUDukes20 Wrote:  

I'm pretty sure the announcers said his name once. Didn't hear JMU though.

He has been mentioned this week as well. He ran a "one-point conversion" in the 2nd half but didn't get in. Just had the game on in the background and heard the name - immediately thinking "wait...JMU's Abdullah?"

RE: #ProDukes - tara1013471@gmail.com - 02-16-2020 06:51 PM

Andrew Ankrah having a great game right now for St. Louis in the XFL. He was called out as two players on defense with real NFL potential.

RE: #ProDukes - Wear Purple - 03-21-2020 10:02 AM

Dean Marlowe re-signs with the Bills

RE: #ProDukes - Wear Purple - 03-23-2020 05:13 PM

The Redskins just traded starting cornerback, Quinton Dunbar, to Seattle for the Seahawks' 5th round pick in the upcoming draft. Washington already has released last year's other starting cornerback (well, at least for the first half of the season before they essentially benched him), Josh Norman. They did sign former Hokie, Kendall Fuller, via free agency to start at one corner position.

This opens up a potential opportunity for Jimmy Moreland. I do expect the Redskins to sign another corner (or trade for one) to compete for that open starting corner position with Jimmy and Fabian Moreau, who was Norman's backup last year. With a new staff and D-Coord. in place, nothing is guaranteed for Jimmy though. He certainly will have to prove himself to the new staff in OTA's and preseason just to assure he makes the roster (which has grown a couple of players for the upcoming season I believe...from 53 to 55 I think).

RE: #ProDukes - NJDuke97 - 03-23-2020 07:13 PM

I wonder with the money on Tom Brady that the Bucs will have allocated if they will try to
Go cheap on the O Line and start a few of the JMU guys- would run counter to what you’d think that with an older less mobile Brady having a good O Line is a necessity. Does anyone know how the JMU laden group graded out as an O Line when they all played together at the end of last season?

RE: #ProDukes - JMUNation - 03-24-2020 07:19 AM

Was that Tampa or Jacksonville that had all Dukes on the o line?

RE: #ProDukes - AssyrianDuke - 03-24-2020 07:24 AM

Josh Wells was on Jacksonville. Tampa seemed to load up on JMU grads especially towards the tail end of last year.

RE: #ProDukes - NJDuke97 - 03-24-2020 07:30 AM

I think Wells ended up on the Bucs last year. I believe there was a game or games where Watford, Wells, and Stinnie all played together for the Bucs on the line.

RE: #ProDukes - ParentofJMUMRDs - 03-24-2020 07:58 AM

According to the Tampa Bay roster as of today A. Stinnie is on the roster while Josh Wells and Earl Watford are free agents. I do recall there were several games last year where all three were playing at the same time (I think!!).

Brian

RE: #ProDukes - AssyrianDuke - 03-24-2020 11:27 AM

(03-24-2020 07:30 AM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  I think Wells ended up on the Bucs last year. I believe there was a game or games where Watford, Wells, and Stinnie all played together for the Bucs on the line.

Thanks. I must have missed that transaction. I think the Bucs also had Ish Hyman on their roster towards the tail end of the year right? Or was it the Browns?

RE: #ProDukes - olddawg - 03-24-2020 12:08 PM

(03-24-2020 07:58 AM)ParentofJMUMRDs Wrote:  According to the Tampa Bay roster as of today A. Stinnie is on the roster while Josh Wells and Earl Watford are free agents. I do recall there were several games last year where all three were playing at the same time (I think!!).

Brian

That would have been a great picture for the Plecker Center lobby, w/ all 3 lined up on the line of scrimmage ( if they were ever in the game together).