CSNbbs
#ProDukes (Archived) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: #ProDukes (Archived) (/thread-793451.html)

RE: Pro Dukes - 2Buck - 08-21-2019 12:24 PM

(08-21-2019 10:52 AM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  Browns sign wr Braxton Miller which may not be good for ish

I think he's the f@%#er that bumped Rashard from the Eagles.

Pro Dukes - Centdukesfan - 08-23-2019 07:42 AM

Ankrah with a tackle last night. I hope he sticks or at the very least makes the practice squad

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-23-2019 07:53 AM

(08-23-2019 07:42 AM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  Ankrah with a tackle last night. I hope he sticks or at the very least makes the practice squad

Me too, but based on the lack of playing time in the 3 preseason games so far, I'd call it a very longshot for him to make the practice squad. He should get a lot of PT this upcoming Thursday against the Ravens as most all NFL teams will be playing their 3rd stringers.

He can stick to it, though. Perhaps some other team will give him a look if he doesn't make the Skins' practice squad. I look at the journey of Rashard Davis as one of diligence and never giving up.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 08-30-2019 03:00 AM

Marcus Marshall and Rashard Davis both had a lot of production in the Chiefs/Packers game... Marshall 14 carries, Davis 7 catches

If I had to make an honest guess, neither makes the final squad, but maybe one makes the practice squad. Obviously hoping for both to make the final cut though.

RE: Pro Dukes - NJDuke97 - 08-30-2019 07:04 AM

(08-30-2019 03:00 AM)JMUPride Wrote:  Marcus Marshall and Rashard Davis both had a lot of production in the Chiefs/Packers game... Marshall 14 carries, Davis 7 catches

If I had to make an honest guess, neither makes the final squad, but maybe one makes the practice squad. Obviously hoping for both to make the final cut though.

special teams could be one or both of their saving graces- Davis returned kicks and punts last night as well. If either make the Chiefs it will be a big accomplishment- many are saying that the Chiefs have the best roster in the NFL this year. Also Jimmy and Raven Greene didn't play much per the stats- think this means both will be in the mix for starting reps and were being held out on the final pre-season walk thru to avoid injury. Daniel Brown is another one to watch- caught a few and was targeted in the Jets game. I think he may be on the cusp of making the team vs. not.

RE: Pro Dukes - 2Buck - 08-30-2019 10:19 AM

(08-30-2019 07:04 AM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  
(08-30-2019 03:00 AM)JMUPride Wrote:  Marcus Marshall and Rashard Davis both had a lot of production in the Chiefs/Packers game... Marshall 14 carries, Davis 7 catches

special teams could be one or both of their saving graces- Davis returned kicks and punts last night as well. If either make the Chiefs it will be a big accomplishment- many are saying that the Chiefs have the best roster in the NFL this year. Also Jimmy and Raven Greene didn't play much per the stats- think this means both will be in the mix for starting reps and were being held out on the final pre-season walk thru to avoid injury. Daniel Brown is another one to watch- caught a few and was targeted in the Jets game. I think he may be on the cusp of making the team vs. not.

Brown is supposed to make the team, but the Jets starting TE is suspended the first 4 games so even if he does make the roster he may get bumped to the practice squad eventually. The key for him is receiving so hopefully he makes an impact in those first 4 games.

Saw that Dean was held out as well, he's pretty locked in to a number 2 slot.

Marshall did fine but some are predicting even his main competition (Carlos Hyde) is going to get cut and they only carry 3 RBs. Rashard may have the better chance but hope they both make it.

Ish had some production but can't tell if a lot of his targets were poor throws or missed catches. Unfortunately a long shot for him as well but hope the best.

Looks like Stinnie has a good chance, ESPN projection showing him making the team.

RE: Pro Dukes - NJDuke97 - 08-30-2019 09:23 PM

Josh Wells among cuts by Jags

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 08-31-2019 05:39 AM

I think likely Madden likely predicted it correctly (other than Wells being cut)

Moreland, Stinnie, Brown, Marlowe, Greene, Brown, Wells in...

Davis, Marshall, Hyman, Ankrah out...

RE: Pro Dukes - olddawg - 08-31-2019 05:58 AM

Don’t forget about Earl Watford down in Tampa. Looks to be the backup right guard.

RE: Pro Dukes - Longhorn - 08-31-2019 07:57 AM

(08-30-2019 09:23 PM)NJDuke97 Wrote:  Josh Wells among cuts by Jags

Hope he’s signed by another team, but wasn’t he recovering from an injury suffered last season?

RE: Pro Dukes - tara1013471@gmail.com - 08-31-2019 10:22 AM

Ankrah cut by Skins.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUDukes1750 - 09-01-2019 08:38 AM

For those Redskins fans who were waiting.

Jimmy Moreland's official number is 32

https://www.redskins.com/team/players-roster/jimmy-moreland/

RE: Pro Dukes - 2Buck - 09-01-2019 10:54 AM

Stinnie cut. That was a surprise, might be picked up elsewhere.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 09-01-2019 06:12 PM

Marcus Marshall on Chiefs practice squad (impressive making practice aquad on arguably best roster in the NFL, especially considering they just signed McCoy at RB), Rashard Davis cut

Hyman cut from Browns

Brown makes the final cut for the Jets... Will probably see some targets on passing downs in September. Hopefully he makes the best of it.

Watfard makes the final cut for Tampa, will start season likely as backup

Dean Marlowe, slated as the #4 S on the Packers moved up to #3 safety spot and makes the final 53, while Kurt Coleman gets cut

Raven Greene, similar to Marlowe makes the final 53 and will see playing time this season as the Packers #3 safety. Personally, I think he's going to be the biggest surprise of the JMU group in the NFL this season.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 09-01-2019 06:50 PM

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but this appears to be the JMUers on NFL rosters for the reg season.. Assuming Wells/Stinnie not picked up by someone

53 - Brown (Jets), Watford (Bucs), Moreland (Skins), Greene (Packers), Marlowe (Bill's)

Practice Squad - Marshall (Chiefs), Stinnie(Titans)

RE: Pro Dukes - 2Buck - 09-01-2019 07:06 PM

I think Wells may be a victim of a veteran's salary. Many teams will defer to the younger, less costly option when things are close. Lots of teams in the need of experienced OL backups so he and Stinnie may still catch on at some point this season after the initial spat of injuries.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPurple - 09-01-2019 07:09 PM

(09-01-2019 06:50 PM)JMUPride Wrote:  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but this appears to be the JMUers on NFL rosters for the reg season.. Assuming Wells/Stinnie not picked up by someone

53 - Brown (Jets), Watford (Bucs), Moreland (Skins), Greene (Packers), Marlowe (Bill's)

Practice Squad - Marshall (Chiefs)

Stinnie is on the Titan's practice squad.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 09-01-2019 07:17 PM

(09-01-2019 07:06 PM)2Buck Wrote:  I think Wells may be a victim of a veteran's salary. Many teams will defer to the younger, less costly option when things are close. Lots of teams in the need of experienced OL backups so he and Stinnie may still catch on at some point this season after the initial spat of injuries.

Wells has had a history of injury issues since being in the league as well

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 09-01-2019 07:20 PM

(09-01-2019 07:09 PM)JMUPurple Wrote:  Stinnie is on the Titan's practice squad.

Fixed, good catch

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUETC - 09-01-2019 09:11 PM

(09-01-2019 07:06 PM)2Buck Wrote:  I think Wells may be a victim of a veteran's salary. Many teams will defer to the younger, less costly option when things are close. Lots of teams in the need of experienced OL backups so he and Stinnie may still catch on at some point this season after the initial spat of injuries.

Don’t think his Salary is an issue. Only makes a few 100K over the minimum. Unfortunatly it seems his injury history is catching up. As they say, “you can’t make the club if your in the tub”