CSNbbs
#ProDukes (Archived) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: #ProDukes (Archived) (/thread-793451.html)

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-11-2019 11:26 AM

FWIW, in last night's Chiefs' victory to open preseason, Marcus Marshall rushed twice for 10 yards (a long of 7). Rashard Davis had 1 catch for 7 yards.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 08-11-2019 12:11 PM

(08-09-2019 09:39 AM)JMaddy Wrote:  
(08-08-2019 08:47 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  Ish with a reception only to have a trek towards the endzone stripped by JF'nM. WOW!

What a professional debut for Jimmy.

Unfortunately for Ish that could get him cut the way the NFL operates in preseason for UDFA. I was kinda hoping he would score on that play since he has a much more uphill battle to make the roster and every opportunity matters.

This

Can't believe I'm saying this, but the Browns have one of the deepest receiving corps in the league... One turnover is sometimes all it takes to get cut. Hopefully Ish has a rediculous next game so the people that make those decisions forget about that fumble.

RE: Pro Dukes - 2Buck - 08-11-2019 12:37 PM

I know Jacksonville rested a bunch of players in their scoreless pre-season debut, but this season might be a risky make or break for Flip's career.

His fate is all tied to which flavor of Nick Foles rears its head, could go either way.

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-13-2019 08:45 AM

Week 2 NFL Preseason Viewers Guide for our Dukes in action...

THURSDAY, AUGUST 15
7:30pm - Bengals at Redskins (Jimmy F'n Moreland, Andrew Ankrah) - live via NBC Sports Washington, replay via NFL Network at 4am later that night

7pm - Eagles at Jaguars (Josh Wells) - replay via NFL Network at 1pm Friday

7:30pm - Jets (Daniel Brown) at Falcons - replay via NFL Network at 10am Friday

7:30pm - Packers (Raven Greene) at Ravens - replay via NFL Network at 12am later Thursday night

FRIDAY, AUGUST 16

7pm - Bills (Dean Marlowe) at Panthers - replay via NFL Network at 11pm later Friday night

7:30pm - Dolphins at Bucs (Earl Watford) - replay via NFL Network at 7am Saturday morning

SATURDAY, AUGUST 17

4pm - Browns (Ish Hyman) at Colts - live via NFL Network

7:30pm - Chiefs (Rashard Davis, Marcus Marshall) at Steelers - live via NFL Network

7pm - Patriots at Titans (Aaron Stinnie) - replay via NFL Network later Saturday night at 1am

Good luck to all of our Dukes as they push to make rosters, secure starting positions, etc.

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-13-2019 09:34 AM

Kudos to Hogs Haven who finally acknowledge the correct name...

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/13/20802257/redskins-players-to-watch-in-thursday-nights-preseason-game-against-the-bengals

The people’s corner, Jimmy F’n Moreland became a Redskins legend last week against the Browns, and it would require an epic collapse or a serious injury at this point to keep him off the active roster.

04-rock

RE: Pro Dukes - jmufan2008 - 08-14-2019 11:11 PM

I know it's football season and we probably have the busiest preseason ever for the Dukes, but let's not forget about T Young: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-las-vegas-aces-are-sharing-the-spotlight-and-winning-a-lot/

She's no longer a starter, but is a solid bench player (#7 in minutes, #7 in scoring, #5 in rebounds, #2 in 3PT%) on a very talented team that is only 1.5 games out of the lead: "a veteran with 204 career starts (Tamera Young)" (they have more advanced stats on her in the article). This is her 12th season in the WNBA and the first where she hasn't started any games (only two others where she didn't have double-digit starts). At this point she may have the longest pro career for a JMU alum. Gary Clark played for 11 seasons. I'm sure I'm probably missing some of the older players, but if she passed Gary Clark...that alone says a ton. She's also still playing almost 18 minutes/game off the bench, so hopefully she has a few more seasons left in her. Hopefully she can help get the championship this year. Get it T!

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 08-15-2019 01:07 AM

Haley played 12 seasons

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-15-2019 05:26 PM

Bump...reminder JF'nM and Ankrah coming up at 7:30pm on NBC Sports Washington for those in the Mid Atlantic.

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-15-2019 05:32 PM

Also, NBC-SW Redskins Live pregame show is on now. They just stated they are doing a feature on JF'nM. Nice!

RE: Pro Dukes - Anders - 08-15-2019 08:23 PM

Haven’t been able to watch the Redksins game tonight. Anything noteabke from our guys?

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-15-2019 08:28 PM

(08-15-2019 08:23 PM)Anders Wrote:  Haven’t been able to watch the Redksins game tonight. Anything noteabke from our guys?

Ankrah's chances are dwindling. He isn't even being given a chance in the 2nd half to play with all the scrubs in.

Jimmy has been beaten several times, but hasn't let anything get behind him. He made a nice tackle on kickoff coverage early in the game and covered one flair pass with a nice tackle for loss. Nothing spectacular though...yet. He's in still and has been in since late 1Q. Easy to find as he's wearing a bright yellow arm sleeve I guess you call it on his right arm.

edit note: with 6 minutes left in the 3Q, it appears Jimmy's evening is done...still no sign of Ankrah unfortunately

RE: Pro Dukes - JMUPride - 08-15-2019 09:34 PM

Yea, it always makes me nervous when CBs get so many tackles looking at a box score (Jimmy leading the Skins in tackles tonight)... Likely means he's given up a lot of catches

RE: Pro Dukes - olddawg - 08-15-2019 10:10 PM

(08-15-2019 09:34 PM)JMUPride Wrote:  Yea, it always makes me nervous when CBs get so many tackles looking at a box score (Jimmy leading the Skins in tackles tonight)... Likely means he's given up a lot of catches

Not relating this to JFM at all, but I too have found that stat an aberration. If you have a shut down corner, his "tackles" will be lower. What good does it do you to have a guy that consistently gives up catches , but then makes the tackle?

RE: Pro Dukes - #YEEHAWDUKES - 08-16-2019 06:43 AM

At least three of his tackles were not a result of him giving up a catch. In today’s NFL corners are so disadvantaged that their receiver is going to make catches against them. It’s the ability to make big plays (cause turnovers), not get beat deep, and make tackles that are crucial for corners and Jimmy is doing that so far.

RE: Pro Dukes - AllForDukes - 08-16-2019 09:44 AM

(08-16-2019 06:43 AM)#YEEHAWDUKES Wrote:  At least three of his tackles were not a result of him giving up a catch. In today’s NFL corners are so disadvantaged that their receiver is going to make catches against them. It’s the ability to make big plays (cause turnovers), not get beat deep, and make tackles that are crucial for corners and Jimmy is doing that so far.

How dare you provide a view point that is balanced and without supposition. You obviously don't belong here.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMU2004 - 08-16-2019 10:05 AM

(08-15-2019 09:34 PM)JMUPride Wrote:  Yea, it always makes me nervous when CBs get so many tackles looking at a box score (Jimmy leading the Skins in tackles tonight)... Likely means he's given up a lot of catches

He played fine. The Skins were in off coverage most of the night, and Cincy was happy to dink and dunk with Finley.

Jimmy had a nice play on a screen and has shown that he can be physical.

RE: Pro Dukes - KickItToScotty - 08-16-2019 07:11 PM

(08-16-2019 10:05 AM)JMU2004 Wrote:  

He played fine. The Skins were in off coverage most of the night, and Cincy was happy to dink and dunk with Finley.

Jimmy had a nice play on a screen and has shown that he can be physical.

Yeah I was watching off and on, saw that play plus a nice tackle on a run. There was one TD where Jimmy got tangled up with Deshazor Everett on a rub route and then Everett couldn't recover in time to prevent the TD. Not totally sure who was at fault there. I'd think likely Everett since he was behind Jimmy so Jimmy couldn't see him, but I could see coaches putting some blame on Jimmy for not getting enough body on his guy at the snap.

Pro Dukes - Centdukesfan - 08-17-2019 09:15 PM

Ish Hyman had one reception for 24 yards against the colts

https://twitter.com/HollyWood_Ish13/status/1162891254956511232?s=19

RE: Pro Dukes - Anders - 08-17-2019 11:00 PM

(08-17-2019 09:15 PM)Centdukesfan Wrote:  Ish Hyman had one reception for 24 yards against the colts

https://twitter.com/HollyWood_Ish13/status/1162891254956511232?s=19

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheNickShook/status/1162855647588884480

Looks like he received a concussion on the same reception. Hate to see it. Get well Ish

Pro Dukes - Centdukesfan - 08-21-2019 10:52 AM

Browns sign wr Braxton Miller which may not be good for ish