CSNbbs
#ProDukes (Archived) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: #ProDukes (Archived) (/thread-793451.html)

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 07-30-2019 05:23 PM

Apparently the Washington media is now calling JF’nM....

...The People’s Corner (or TPC).

Whether you like it or not, that’s proof he’s brewing a fan favorite following. An absolute steal in the 7th round.

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 07-31-2019 07:13 AM

NBC-29 Charlottesville with a video report featuring Andrew Ankrah at Skins camp... https://www.nbc29.com/story/40855327/jmus-andrew-ankrah-getting-a-shot-in-redskins-training-camp

Some nice comments by AA about JMU included as well as a quick comment from JF'nM about AA.

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-05-2019 09:55 AM

Rashard Davis catching the eye of the Chiefs' coaching staff?...

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/04/kansas-city-chiefs-release-first-2019-season-depth-chart/

The top six receivers what I predicted they’d be. It’s fairly accurate to how the repetitions have played out. Beyond that it looks like Rashard Davis has caught the eye of the PR staff. Marcus Kemp is another player that’s flashed quite a bit in camp. He may have more first team repetitions than Davis right now, so keep an eye on his positioning.

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-05-2019 10:35 AM

Week 1 NFL Preseason Viewers Guide for our Dukes in action...

THURSDAY, AUG. 8
-Daniel Brown with the Jets face the Giants at 7pm live on NFL Network
-Dean Marlowe and his Bills will host the Colts at 7pm...note, the replay will be televised via NFL Network on Friday at 2pm
-Jimmy F'n Moreland and Andrew Ankrah with the Redskins travel to the Browns and Ishmail Hyman at 7:30pm live on NBC Sports Washington...note, replay on the NFL Network on Friday at 4pm
-Aaron Stinnie and his Titans will travel to the Iggles at 7:30pm...note, NFL Network will televise a replay of this game on Saturday morning at 8am
-Josh Wells and his Jaguars travel to the Ravens for a 7:30pm start...note, replay of this game on NFL Network will be televised on Saturday at 5:30am
-Raven Greene and his Packers will host the Texans at 8pm...the game will be televised via NFL Network via replay late that night starting at 1am

FRIDAY, AUGUST 9
-Earl Watford and his Bucs travel to the Steelers for a 7:30pm kickoff that will be televised live via NFL Network

SATURDAY, AUGUST 10
-Rashard Davis and Marcus Marshall with the Chiefs host the Bengals at 8pm...NFL Network will televise a replay for 3am later that night (fire up that DVR!!)

Good luck to all of our Dukes as they push to make rosters, secure starting positions, etc.

RE: Pro Dukes - AssyrianDuke - 08-05-2019 01:29 PM

For those in the DC area, do you know if the Washington preseason games will be on NBC as well?

RE: Pro Dukes - JMURocks - 08-05-2019 02:09 PM

(08-05-2019 01:29 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  For those in the DC area, do you know if the Washington preseason games will be on NBC as well?

Will be on NBC4 and NBC Sports Washington. First time in a while I will watch a Skins preseason game. Might even think about getting tickets. Used to be a season ticket holder, but years of losing took their toll on my enthusiasm to attend every game.

RE: Pro Dukes - JMaddy - 08-05-2019 11:02 PM

(08-05-2019 02:09 PM)JMURocks Wrote:  
(08-05-2019 01:29 PM)AssyrianDuke Wrote:  For those in the DC area, do you know if the Washington preseason games will be on NBC as well?

Will be on NBC4 and NBC Sports Washington. First time in a while I will watch a Skins preseason game. Might even think about getting tickets. Used to be a season ticket holder, but years of losing took their toll on my enthusiasm to attend every game.

You spelled Dan Snyder wrong

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-07-2019 08:26 AM

Kansas City Chiefs' blogger predicts Rashard Davis will be this year's KC preseason standout... https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/8/6/20756920/the-greatest-hits-of-chiefs-training-camp-crushes

(of course, the premise is that Davis will be a star in preseason but flame out)

I do like the snippet about Rashard at the end...

With all these examples of past players flashing in the preseason, it’s safe to assume there will be one this year.

My bet is on third-year undrafted wide receiver Rashard Davis. He is the lightest player on the team in terms of weight, but he hasn’t let that stop him from performing well in camp. He’s made contested catches and showed off his speed and shiftiness.

The initial depth chart release has him as the seventh or eighth wide receiver, so he needs to shine in his game opportunities to make the team. Look for Davis to make a few big plays when the backups are in.

Gotta love Rashard and his diligence. He has bounced around on several practice squads, earned a Super Bowl ring as part of the Iggles organization a couple of years ago, back in Charlottesville when out of work volunteering his time to help youngsters learn the game of football, and so forth. Obviously, would absolutely LOVE for him to FINALLY get a legit shot on game days. Go get em, Rashard!!

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-08-2019 06:04 PM

FYI...Redskins Kickoff pregame show is going to do a special on JF'nM coming up shortly on NBC Sports Washington.

RE: Pro Dukes - Ashby Hall - 08-08-2019 06:13 PM

Don't the Redskins have another former Duke on the roster?

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-08-2019 06:36 PM

(08-08-2019 06:13 PM)Ashby Hall Wrote:  Don't the Redskins have another former Duke on the roster?

Andrew Ankrah...Outside Linebacker in the 3-4 scheme. He needs to make some noise in games like tonight. Right now, he's projected to be on the outside looking in to make the 53-man roster and perhaps even the practice squad.

RE: Pro Dukes - DirtyDukes - 08-08-2019 06:58 PM

(08-08-2019 06:04 PM)Wear Purple Wrote:  FYI...Redskins Kickoff pregame show is going to do a special on JF'nM coming up shortly on NBC Sports Washington.

Ugh is this available online? I NEED to see it.

Also looks like Jimmy started but they haven't thrown at him yet cuz THEY SCURT.

RE: Pro Dukes - Anders - 08-08-2019 07:18 PM

Way to go Jimmy!! A close call on third down in the redzone with a deflection by Moreland. They throw to Callaway again and Jimmy denies it.

Edit: I must have missed it but reading Jimmy forced the fumble too

RE: Pro Dukes - Hart Foundation - 08-08-2019 07:20 PM

JFM had a goal line stand all by himself. 2 deflections and a forced fumble all from the one yard line. Very impressive.

Pro Dukes - JMUDukes1750 - 08-08-2019 07:21 PM

JFM made three consecutive great plays at the goal line to stop the Browns, including forcing a fumble on 4th down

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RE: Pro Dukes - JMU1987UVA1998 - 08-08-2019 07:28 PM

(08-08-2019 07:21 PM)JMUDukes1750 Wrote:  JFM made three consecutive great plays at the goal line to stop the Browns, including forcing a fumble on 4th down

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Impressive drive by JFM. One critique would be he didn't look good trying to tackle Browns' WR. Looked like Deion.

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-08-2019 07:29 PM

Ishmael Hyman is a longshot to make the Browns' roster, but would love to see him make some plays in this game. You never know who in the league is watching (and hopefully noticing).

RE: Pro Dukes - Anders - 08-08-2019 07:32 PM

Has Ankrah been on the field yet?

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-08-2019 07:34 PM

Dean Marlowe with a first half interception for the Bills against the Colts tonight. Nice!

RE: Pro Dukes - Wear Purple - 08-08-2019 07:36 PM

(08-08-2019 07:32 PM)Anders Wrote:  Has Ankrah been on the field yet?

He's #47. I haven't seen him in yet. I expect he'll play the entire 2nd half.