CSNbbs
Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather (/thread-787181.html)

Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - RamblinRedWolf44 - 08-13-2016 11:19 AM

http://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2016/08/13/ul-loses-saturday-scrimmage-severe-weather/88670370/

Stay safe Cajun nation!

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - arkstfan - 08-13-2016 11:46 AM

I was baffled why a little rain didn't result in a move indoors, so I clicked the link. DANG you guys be careful, people tend to not give flash flooding the respect it deserves.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - chiefsfan - 08-13-2016 12:50 PM

For a minute I thought it was because of the heat, then I remembered a report yesterday about flooding down there. Stay safe Cajuns.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - McLeansvilleAppFan - 08-13-2016 01:04 PM

Is it just my imagination or is this part of the country have more of this than usual? Either way do stay staff.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - Louisiana99 - 08-13-2016 01:11 PM

(08-13-2016 01:04 PM)McLeansvilleAppFan Wrote:  Is it just my imagination or is this part of the country have more of this than usual? Either way do stay staff.

We are built down here to handle heavy heavy rains...no system is designed to handle 20 inches of rain in 36 hours...not even ours. This is a historic event, once in a lifetime type flood...sometimes 2 lifetimes. 1940 was the last time it's been worse and it's already 3rd worst on record...and it's still raining.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - swampbear - 08-13-2016 03:50 PM

(08-13-2016 11:46 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  I was baffled why a little rain didn't result in a move indoors, so I clicked the link. DANG you guys be careful, people tend to not give flash flooding the respect it deserves.

Old timers are saying this is the worst rain event since the 1940's.....I've lived thru bad hurricanes in Lafayette and I've personally never seen anything like this....a lot of Ragin Pagin posters you know are having to go to the sandbags.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - BirdofParadise - 08-14-2016 10:54 AM

Youngsville, a suburb just south of town, had 27..5" in 36 hours. We may be on low ground here, but NO community ANYWHERE is going to go through this without LOTS of flooding.

I know at least 20 people with water in their homes. I know of ONE that has flood insurance.

Water is starting to recede, except near the rivers where the water is still rising. It still may be another day or two before some can get back to their houses to begin the long road back.

Two of my co-workers had to evacuate and one of them with his family had to be rescued last night.

Appreciate the kids words.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - OsageJ - 08-14-2016 01:06 PM

Wow...saw the pictures. What a mess. Times like this I am glad my house is a on a small hill.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - BankerCajun - 08-14-2016 02:43 PM

(08-14-2016 10:54 AM)BirdofParadise Wrote:  Youngsville, a suburb just south of town, had 27..5" in 36 hours. We may be on low ground here, but NO community ANYWHERE is going to go through this without LOTS of flooding.

I know at least 20 people with water in their homes. I know of ONE that has flood insurance.

Water is starting to recede, except near the rivers where the water is still rising. It still may be another day or two before some can get back to their houses to begin the long road back.

Two of my co-workers had to evacuate and one of them with his family had to be rescued last night.

Appreciate the kids words.

You now know 21. About a foot and a half.

RE: Cajuns forced to cancel practice due to weather - RonBurgundy - 08-14-2016 09:33 PM

Hope all of you ULL'ers and your friends and families are safe. This has been a terrible year of flooding in Louisiana.