CSNbbs
OT: Cleveland - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+------ Forum: Off Topic (/forum-977.html)
+------ Thread: OT: Cleveland (/thread-782499.html)

OT: Cleveland - tribeinexile - 06-20-2016 09:51 AM

We happened to be in Cleveland this weekend for a family wedding.

I was struck by how widespread and intense support for the Cavaliers is in Cleveland and surrounding cities like Akron. I'm not one who thinks of pro basketball as really basketball but that kind of support should be rewarded every once in a while.

So congratulations to Cleveland on ending their 53-year drought, which is actually ten years longer than my personal drought as a Tribe basketball fan.

RE: OT: Cleveland - tribe_pride - 06-20-2016 10:45 AM

The support of the Cavs is more of a sense of the support of the Cleveland area. Everyone rips on the City itself with the mistake on a lake, etc. and there is a need for them to bind together behind something good.

The sports teams is something that the community can unite it but has disappointed them with The Drive and The Fumble in 2 consecutive years when the Browns could have beaten Denver to advance to the Super Bowl but choked it at the end and then the Browns were ripped away from them over night when the fans really supported the team. The Indians blew a 9th inning game 7 lead in the World Series against the Marlins and a 3 games to 1 lead over the Red Sox in 2007 to allow the Red Sox to go to the World Series. Cavs were never as good as the other 2 until LBJ came along but they did lose to the Jordan Bulls in the game which featured "The Shot" where Jordan scored with no time remaining to advance to the next round.

The fact that the local boy led them to a Championship makes it even better.

RE: OT: Cleveland - nogretheogre - 06-20-2016 02:57 PM

So...all we need is for a "chosen one" local player to come to the Tribe, wreak havoc on the CAA but lose in the final, transfer to Kentucky and then transfer back for his senior year to get us to the dance???