CSNbbs
2016-2022 MLB Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: 2016-2022 MLB Thread (/thread-776886.html)

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 08-29-2021 07:42 AM

(08-02-2021 11:55 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(08-02-2021 10:55 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Shut up, hoops

LOL.... You guys will be back

One month trade analysis: NYY and SF added great pieces from CHC; NYM and CHW did not. Baez is a really good baseball player, but offensively, he didn't make a lot of sense for the Mets. Across town in Chicago, the White Sox are using a HOF closer in the 8th and it's not working out so well.

Rizzo isn't the same guy that he used to be, but he seems to be perfect for the Yankees, and KB is a GREAT baseball player. He was under appreciated in Chicago, and seems to feel 'at home' in SF.

If the Cubs are committed to a quick rebuild, I'd love to see them figure out a way to bring Rizzo back and I'm okay with an overpay. Looking at their system after the deadline, we don't have a short term answer at 1B, but the pipeline is heavy at SS, plus we now have two ML-ready second basemen in Hoerner and Madrigal. The future in CF is Brennan Davis and he's a top 20 prospect in all of baseball. Probably a late '22 call up.....Rizzo, plus a front line starter, and reclamation SP project and some backend BP arms would make sense. Truly, I have no idea what they'll do this winter. They have like 40M committed next year; they don't have to go crazy this winter, but they HAVE to be active in free agency.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 08-29-2021 03:42 PM

(08-29-2021 07:42 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(08-02-2021 11:55 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(08-02-2021 10:55 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Shut up, hoops

LOL.... You guys will be back

One month trade analysis: NYY and SF added great pieces from CHC; NYM and CHW did not. Baez is a really good baseball player, but offensively, he didn't make a lot of sense for the Mets. Across town in Chicago, the White Sox are using a HOF closer in the 8th and it's not working out so well.

Rizzo isn't the same guy that he used to be, but he seems to be perfect for the Yankees, and KB is a GREAT baseball player. He was under appreciated in Chicago, and seems to feel 'at home' in SF.

If the Cubs are committed to a quick rebuild, I'd love to see them figure out a way to bring Rizzo back and I'm okay with an overpay. Looking at their system after the deadline, we don't have a short term answer at 1B, but the pipeline is heavy at SS, plus we now have two ML-ready second basemen in Hoerner and Madrigal. The future in CF is Brennan Davis and he's a top 20 prospect in all of baseball. Probably a late '22 call up.....Rizzo, plus a front line starter, and reclamation SP project and some backend BP arms would make sense. Truly, I have no idea what they'll do this winter. They have like 40M committed next year; they don't have to go crazy this winter, but they HAVE to be active in free agency.
Rizzo, after starting off on fire that first weekend has actually been pretty bad. (.222, 3 HR, but 2 were the first weekend. But, since they got him, Voit has been on a tear. So, maybe it lit a fire? Pretty healthy list of Free Agents this winter. https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/11/2021-22-mlb-free-agents.html
Story, Castellanos just to name a few

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 08-30-2021 12:20 PM

The initial comments I made yesterday about Javy were before he started booing the fans. I love Javy!

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 08-31-2021 07:18 AM

(08-30-2021 12:20 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  The initial comments I made yesterday about Javy were before he started booing the fans. I love Javy!

LOL he is acting like a bit of a snowflake. And quite honestly he really hurt his free agency. Big market teams that would have driven up his price could shy away from him. You play like crap in NY expect to get booed and rightfully so.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 08-31-2021 08:45 AM

(08-31-2021 07:18 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(08-30-2021 12:20 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  The initial comments I made yesterday about Javy were before he started booing the fans. I love Javy!

LOL he is acting like a bit of a snowflake. And quite honestly he really hurt his free agency. Big market teams that would have driven up his price could shy away from him. You play like crap in NY expect to get booed and rightfully so.

Yeah, it is much ado about nothing, but Mets FO found a way to amplify. There was some comment about players being temporary, but fans being forever. That isn't an exact quote, but that was the message...that will surely speak to future FA.

The funny part to me is Mets fans (vocal majority on Twitter) revealing that they know nothing about Javy (while also claiming some sort of baseball superiority over CHC fans). Javy swings a lot and feeds off of crowds...this is who he's been since 2014.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 08-31-2021 10:18 AM

(08-31-2021 08:45 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  
(08-31-2021 07:18 AM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  

Yeah, it is much ado about nothing, but Mets FO found a way to amplify. There was some comment about players being temporary, but fans being forever. That isn't an exact quote, but that was the message...that will surely speak to future FA.

The funny part to me is Mets fans (vocal majority on Twitter) revealing that they know nothing about Javy (while also claiming some sort of baseball superiority over CHC fans). Javy swings a lot and feeds off of crowds...this is who he's been since 2014.
Funny, I think i've mentioned this before but have a friend who's a mets fan and another cubs and the two of them went back and forth for hours yesterday and i just got the popcorn. haha

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 08-31-2021 10:31 AM

Javy is really good when he's hot, but he swings and misses a lot when he's struggling. With all that, his 162 game oWAR avg is 3.0. He can play and most teams would love to have him; I know I'd love to have him back in Chicago. He's not Seager, Correra, or Story, but he's been a productive, all-star level player for a while. I'm not sure he's a leader and that will hurt is value in FA, but I still feel like it's being blown out of proportion.

Buster Olney said "It’s impossible to think of another prospective free agent making a bigger public relations mistake then Javier Baez did today." Aroldis Chapman was suspended for domestic violence the winter before he hit FA, but this is the worst PR mistake he can think of. Their $300M SS was also giving the thumbs down, but no one is blasting him because they're married to Lindor for the next 10 years. They're frustrated with how the season is going, that is understandable, but it just feels like they're willing to sacrifice Javy because there's no chance he'll be back.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 08-31-2021 02:02 PM

(08-31-2021 10:31 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Javy is really good when he's hot, but he swings and misses a lot when he's struggling. With all that, his 162 game oWAR avg is 3.0. He can play and most teams would love to have him; I know I'd love to have him back in Chicago. He's not Seager, Correra, or Story, but he's been a productive, all-star level player for a while. I'm not sure he's a leader and that will hurt is value in FA, but I still feel like it's being blown out of proportion.

Buster Olney said "It’s impossible to think of another prospective free agent making a bigger public relations mistake then Javier Baez did today." Aroldis Chapman was suspended for domestic violence the winter before he hit FA, but this is the worst PR mistake he can think of. Their $300M SS was also giving the thumbs down, but no one is blasting him because they're married to Lindor for the next 10 years. They're frustrated with how the season is going, that is understandable, but it just feels like they're willing to sacrifice Javy because there's no chance he'll be back.
Lindor is getting slammed too, not sure how you couldn't have seen that. I'm fully aware of his streaks he's a member of my near last place fantasy squad. LOL

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 08-31-2021 02:36 PM

(08-31-2021 02:02 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(08-31-2021 10:31 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Javy is really good when he's hot, but he swings and misses a lot when he's struggling. With all that, his 162 game oWAR avg is 3.0. He can play and most teams would love to have him; I know I'd love to have him back in Chicago. He's not Seager, Correra, or Story, but he's been a productive, all-star level player for a while. I'm not sure he's a leader and that will hurt is value in FA, but I still feel like it's being blown out of proportion.

Lindor is getting slammed too, not sure how you couldn't have seen that. I'm fully aware of his streaks he's a member of my near last place fantasy squad. LOL

Fair enough. I guess I haven't seen it because I follow mostly Chicago media.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 10-05-2021 08:29 AM

Playoff time fellas, who ya got? I think the Dodgers repeat. Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see another TB- Dodgers world series.
Big game tonight in Beantown. I'd like to think Cole pulls through for my Yankees, but, he's been pretty bad here lately.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - dan10 - 10-05-2021 10:53 AM

Dodgers are just too stacked to lose. Heck their bench/role players are better than many teams starters. I know the Giants have had their number, but I think they still prevail. The only caveat is if Jensen decides to implode. What a tough draw for the dodgers though with the red hot cardinals. Should be some great baseball

I think the Yanks win tonight. I think Chicago comes out of the AL, but to me the AL is really a crapshoot with a lot of really good teams, without a single team heads and shoulders above another.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 10-05-2021 12:13 PM

(10-05-2021 10:53 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Dodgers are just too stacked to lose. Heck their bench/role players are better than many teams starters. I know the Giants have had their number, but I think they still prevail. The only caveat is if Jensen decides to implode. What a tough draw for the dodgers though with the red hot cardinals. Should be some great baseball

I think the Yanks win tonight. I think Chicago comes out of the AL, but to me the AL is really a crapshoot with a lot of really good teams, without a single team heads and shoulders above another.

It also looks like Kershaw will be out for playoffs. But, still a hell of a 1,2 with Max and Walker

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - dan10 - 10-05-2021 01:57 PM

(10-05-2021 12:13 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(10-05-2021 10:53 AM)dan10 Wrote:  Dodgers are just too stacked to lose. Heck their bench/role players are better than many teams starters. I know the Giants have had their number, but I think they still prevail. The only caveat is if Jensen decides to implode. What a tough draw for the dodgers though with the red hot cardinals. Should be some great baseball

It also looks like Kershaw will be out for playoffs. But, still a hell of a 1,2 with Max and Walker

With a 20 game winner in Urias as their #3. Yeah so much panic lol

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 10-05-2021 03:32 PM

I hope Rizzo goes 4-4 with two HR and I hope the Cardinals get embarrassed in some form or fashion.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 10-05-2021 03:40 PM

(10-05-2021 03:32 PM)bricksnivy Wrote:  I hope Rizzo goes 4-4 with two HR and I hope the Cardinals get embarrassed in some form or fashion.

i can get on board with both of those suggestions 04-cheers

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 10-06-2021 08:39 AM

Absolute embarrassment in Boston last night. Never in it from the start. If I'm the Yankees Lawyers i'm looking for anyway way out of Cole's contract. He's clearly not the same guy without the sticky stuff. Go Rays!

2016-2021 MLB Thread - tke75hawk - 10-06-2021 11:32 AM

Well i am a braves fan and will be pulling for them to win.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 10-06-2021 11:55 AM

Good to see Rizzo and Schwarber with success last night. In terms of individuals, I'll be pulling for Schwarber and KB moving forward, and anyone playing against StL.

Prediction: NLCS - ATL/SF; ALCS - TB/CHW = TB over SF

Personally I'm pulling for Rays, Giants, White Sox...I won't be mad if any of these three win it all; LA and Boston wouldn't bother me either.

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - Seahawkhoops - 10-06-2021 12:08 PM

(10-06-2021 11:55 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Good to see Rizzo and Schwarber with success last night. In terms of individuals, I'll be pulling for Schwarber and KB moving forward, and anyone playing against StL.

Personally I'm pulling for Rays, Giants, White Sox...I won't be mad if any of these three win it all; LA and Boston wouldn't bother me either.
I'd rather the Taliban win the WS than Boston. So, literally anyone else in the field!

RE: 2016-2021 MLB Thread - bricksnivy - 10-06-2021 12:16 PM

(10-06-2021 12:08 PM)Seahawkhoops Wrote:  
(10-06-2021 11:55 AM)bricksnivy Wrote:  Good to see Rizzo and Schwarber with success last night. In terms of individuals, I'll be pulling for Schwarber and KB moving forward, and anyone playing against StL.

I'd rather the Taliban win the WS than Boston.

So, you're saying you're pulling for St. Louis?