CSNbbs
Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Drexel (/forum-681.html)
+----- Thread: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! (/thread-772870.html)

Pages: 1 2

Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Dragon For Life - 03-05-2016 02:26 PM

So hopefully "when" will Bruiser get the AXE! My guess is after Tuesday. What are your feelings?

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - dan10 - 03-05-2016 02:30 PM

If it is going to happen, it will either be right after the conference tournament ends aka tuesday or they will wait until after the NCAA tournament is over.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - J.B. - 03-05-2016 04:57 PM

http://articles.philly.com/2001-03-08/sports/25326683_1_drexel-university-bill-herrion-fires

Seymour was fired on March 7th, if that gives you any indication of when it would happen.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Dragon For Life - 03-05-2016 07:10 PM

Is there rule that a school has to wait till the end of the year/NCAA Season? That firing did happen in 2001.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - GoJMUDukes - 03-05-2016 09:46 PM

(03-05-2016 07:10 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Is there rule that a school has to wait till the end of the year/NCAA Season? That firing did happen in 2001.

A couple times in the past few season coaches have been fired mid-season, so I don't think there's a rule on when it has to happen. I hope for all your sakes that it happens sooner rather than later, since the NCAA tournament is prime hiring time.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - ODUCoach - 03-07-2016 09:58 AM

(03-05-2016 07:10 PM)Dragon For Life Wrote:  Is there rule that a school has to wait till the end of the year/NCAA Season? That firing did happen in 2001.

There is no rule. The conference would probably want to you to do it after the conclusion of the championship game, and you almost certainly want to do it before the start of the NCAA Tournament. All of the coaches are in the city of the Final Four for their convention, so there are tons of interviews taking place during it. Ideally, you'd want to have your top candidates vetted before then so that discussions could happen while everyone is there.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - dan10 - 03-07-2016 10:11 AM

(03-07-2016 09:58 AM)ODUCoach Wrote:  

There is no rule. The conference would probably want to you to do it after the conclusion of the championship game, and you almost certainly want to do it before the start of the NCAA Tournament. All of the coaches are in the city of the Final Four for their convention, so there are tons of interviews taking place during it. Ideally, you'd want to have your top candidates vetted before then so that discussions could happen while everyone is there.

Exactly, which is why Drexel will likely wait until after the NCAA tournament is over and miss out on opportunities to get a good coach.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - J.B. - 03-07-2016 10:39 AM

If it's going to happen at all, it will likely be this week. It won't be today because the CAA won't want to distract from tonight's big game. There's no signs from the media right now that it's going to happen at all. But that could also mean two things....either Drexel is being really hush hush about it, or the local media doesn't care enough to dig in and get the scoop.

Dragons Speak and the Triangle will be on top of things though, which are the only media sources that I trust when it comes to Drexel Basketball.

Adam Hermann ‏@AdamWHermann Mar 5
Sounds more like last night's outcome didn't affect status of Bruiser Flint's future. Still highly possible this is his last game.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Washingtonian - 03-07-2016 11:36 AM

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/706878659018268673

BREAKING: Drexel has fired Bruiser Flint, sources told @CBSSports.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - bdragon - 03-07-2016 11:47 AM

It has to be this week and I agree it won't be today. Give the respect to the conference to not distract from the championship game.

I'm not a big fan of this thread, or at least the title of it anyway. The change must be made and it's obviously overdue, but I'm not counting down to or rooting for a firing. Bruiser has shown his limitations and weaknesses and faults, but he has brought us a fair share of memories, successes and quality players to root for.

I know the small group here will, but when it happens let's keep it classy.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Washingtonian - 03-07-2016 11:57 AM

(03-07-2016 11:47 AM)bdragon Wrote:  It has to be this week and I agree it won't be today. Give the respect to the conference to not distract from the championship game.

I'm not a big fan of this thread, or at least the title of it anyway. The change must be made and it's obviously overdue, but I'm not counting down to or rooting for a firing. Bruiser has shown his limitations and weaknesses and faults, but he has brought us a fair share of memories, successes and quality players to root for.

I know the small group here will, but when it happens let's keep it classy.

Did you see the tweet I posted? Bruiser already has commented on Twitter as well.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - GoJMUDukes - 03-07-2016 11:59 AM

(03-07-2016 11:57 AM)Washingtonian Wrote:  Did you see the tweet I posted? Bruiser already has commented on Twitter as well.

Bruiser Flint @ducoachflint
Loved being a Dragon. Enjoyed the 15yrs. Love my guys and the ppl were great to me. Thanks Drexel
https://twitter.com/ducoachflint/status/706881332937367552

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - dan10 - 03-07-2016 12:07 PM

I dont agree with the timing one bit. Wait until after the championship game tonight in the very least. Glad we have decided to move on, hopefully we put the time and effort into finding the right guy for the job to push this program further. Thank you Bru for 15 long years and running a clean program. Hopefully the next guy will hold as much into character as you did.

Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - B_Hawk06 - 03-07-2016 12:21 PM

Good luck on finding a replacement. Y'all deserve a strong coach that will get you to the next step.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - J.B. - 03-07-2016 12:27 PM

(03-07-2016 12:07 PM)dan10 Wrote:  I dont agree with the timing one bit. Wait until after the championship game tonight in the very least. Glad we have decided to move on, hopefully we put the time and effort into finding the right guy for the job to push this program further. Thank you Bru for 15 long years and running a clean program. Hopefully the next guy will hold as much into character as you did.

Drexel's timing was right to do it right away if they knew it was coming. He may have had meetings schedule for today about what to do to make the team better next year. Best thing for everybody is to move on as quickly as possible.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Timer - 03-07-2016 12:34 PM

(03-07-2016 12:27 PM)J.B. Wrote:  
(03-07-2016 12:07 PM)dan10 Wrote:  I dont agree with the timing one bit. Wait until after the championship game tonight in the very least. Glad we have decided to move on, hopefully we put the time and effort into finding the right guy for the job to push this program further. Thank you Bru for 15 long years and running a clean program. Hopefully the next guy will hold as much into character as you did.

Drexel's timing was right to do it right away if they knew it was coming. He may have had meetings schedule for today about what to do to make the team better next year. Best thing for everybody is to move on as quickly as possible.

Just pointing out the announcement was not made by the Athletic Department.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - dan10 - 03-07-2016 12:38 PM

It is in poor taste to do it on the night of your conferences championship when the focus for the conference should be on the two best teams vying for a shot at the NCAA tournament.

Timer,
That is good to know. But since even Bruiser stated something on twitter, whether they officially announce it today or tomorrow does not matter. Their final conversation could have waited a day instead of letting it out in the open.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Washingtonian - 03-07-2016 01:00 PM

Adam Hermann ‏@AdamWHermann

Per sources, fundraising for Flint’s buyout began in late January. This was in the works for a while.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - Timer - 03-07-2016 01:04 PM

(03-07-2016 12:38 PM)dan10 Wrote:  

It is in poor taste to do it on the night of your conferences championship when the focus for the conference should be on the two best teams vying for a shot at the NCAA tournament.

Timer,
That is good to know. But since even Bruiser stated something on twitter, whether they officially announce it today or tomorrow does not matter. Their final conversation could have waited a day instead of letting it out in the open.

I think you're viewing things a bit too cut & dried as to when conversations take place with things like this vs. when official announcements are made. I hasten to add I have absolutely no "inside knowledge" with any of this.

RE: Countdown to Bruiser Firing! - dan10 - 03-07-2016 01:20 PM

Oh I dont doubt some form of conversation happens well before any official announcement is made, but it was still put out in the open by one of the parties (either Athletics or Bruiser) at the wrong time. This is just my opinion, but I think it should have waited until after our conference tournament was over tonight.