CSNbbs
Boston Globe article On NU's woes - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: Northeastern (/forum-687.html)
+----- Thread: Boston Globe article On NU's woes (/thread-769502.html)

Boston Globe article On NU's woes - geewizNU - 02-05-2016 07:14 PM

We stink right now

Day-to-day on Ford ...

RE: Boston Globe article On NU's woes - SomebodyToLove - 02-07-2016 11:57 AM

Weird, and I thought we were pretty good entering conference play. We can't play defense. I wasn't able to watch the 2nd half last night but allowing 63% shooting over the course of the game is pathetic. We've been soft of D through out the season, but it's getting worse. What a bummer.

RE: Boston Globe article On NU's woes - billthebighawksfan - 02-07-2016 05:17 PM

The Huskies are going to be okay. Last night was just running into a red hot shooting team that are very hard to guard. Hawks made shots and NE didn't. It really came down to that in the first half because NE outplayed UNCW in the 1st half. The 2nd half was more about UNCW wearing down the Huskies with their depth but NE should have had a lead IMHO at the break.
Ford had some rust on his game for sure. Eatherton and Spencer last year did give the team grit though. I really like your coach, he's good so don't expect this to last. The Huskies will turn it around, no doubt. To me, they need another guard or 2 to work in there that has tools. Wings are excellent and Miller and the other bigger guy are going to be very good. With Coen, they will always have a shot in any game period.

RE: Boston Globe article On NU's woes - geewizNU - 02-09-2016 03:07 AM

(02-07-2016 05:17 PM)billthebighawksfan Wrote:  The Huskies are going to be okay. Last night was just running into a red hot shooting team that are very hard to guard. Hawks made shots and NE didn't. It really came down to that in the first half because NE outplayed UNCW in the 1st half. The 2nd half was more about UNCW wearing down the Huskies with their depth but NE should have had a lead IMHO at the break.
Ford had some rust on his game for sure. Eatherton and Spencer last year did give the team grit though. I really like your coach, he's good so don't expect this to last. The Huskies will turn it around, no doubt. To me, they need another guard or 2 to work in there that has tools. Wings are excellent and Miller and the other bigger guy are going to be very good. With Coen, they will always have a shot in any game period.
BTBHF,

I have to say this team is done.

I don't think they can make enough headway before Baltimore to put themselves in a decent position to go on a tourney run.

RE: Boston Globe article On NU's woes - SomebodyToLove - 02-09-2016 09:19 AM

I think we can still get out of this funk. We have the talent. We rebounded the ball well early in the season. I think Coen needs to prepare this team better, but I believe we can beat anyone down in Baltimore. At this point we are going to have to win 4 games in 4 days, but I truly believe we are capable of it. Things have to change no doubt, but this is not our real team. We've won at Miami, we won at UNCW without 2 starters. We beat a very good Stony Brook team by double digits. You don't lose talent overnight. I think it's a mental issue. A confidence issue. I'm hopeful we can sort it out.