CSNbbs
HOME COURT ADVANTAGE - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE (/thread-768822.html)

HOME COURT ADVANTAGE - WMTRIBE75 - 02-01-2016 10:32 AM

For those on these boards who have not had a chance to attend a home game the last couple of years, I will tell you that something special is happening. Kaplan Arena is slowly but surely becoming an electric place where visiting teams might not like to come play. We are, my friends, creating a real home court advantage. Kaplan is getting loud. Fans are standing and are really involved in the game's outcome.

I know that much has been said about the increase in the student section at games, and it is a beautiful thing to see. But it is not just the student section that is accounting for the electricity. My side of Kaplan across from the students has grown greatly, and the new ticket holders are arriving with their voices in tact. For much of the second half, and certainly for the last 5 minutes of the game, people were standing and yelling, and I think that the players feed off of our energy.

I was around for the Parkhill days of the late 70's and early 80's when the teams were good and the crowds were large and loud. Same for some of the Charlie Woollum teams of the Grabelhoff (sp), Moran, Bracey era. We are getting there.

Tell your friends about Tribe basketball. Let's Pack the Kap on Saturday. We fans really matter.

RE: HOME COURT ADVANTAGE - Tribeheart - 02-01-2016 11:56 AM

+8600.....

It ain't the subdued, genteel crowd anymore.....All of us retiree (or moving to retiree) fans have been pumping up on Geritol.

Heard no presence from the scattered JMU fans last night.