CSNbbs
Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night (/thread-760645.html)

Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - MICHAELSPAPPY - 11-30-2015 11:46 AM

We already have tied the record for consecutive wins to start a season since we have been D1. Tomorrow night we go to tie the record all-time.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - ark30inf - 11-30-2015 11:50 AM

I said Little Rock would surprise some people this year, looks like I may have found an acorn.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - CardinalBlackTrojan - 11-30-2015 02:27 PM

UALR received Top 25 votes today in the AP Poll... ahead of even CUSA's top undefeates team La Tech.

UALR and Texas-Arlington look to be the real deal this year. I'm surprised UTA didn't receive any votes. Those wins over Fordham, Ohio State, and Memphis were fairly solid.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - CatMom - 11-30-2015 02:56 PM

(11-30-2015 02:27 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  UALR received Top 25 votes today in the AP Poll... ahead of even CUSA's top undefeates team La Tech.

UALR and Texas-Arlington look to be the real deal this year. I'm surprised UTA didn't receive any votes. Those wins over Fordham, Ohio State, and Memphis were fairly solid.
And they just beat Rice.

I posted (on the poll page) last week about UTA not receiving votes ahead of some other teams with lesser wins/records. Guess they'll just have to keep on keepin' on and show 'em.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - FoUTASportscaster - 11-30-2015 03:17 PM

I've been saying for years across all sports, we are one of the best kept secrets in college athletics. I guess we'll just have to keep on doing what we do.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - GoBigRed26 - 11-30-2015 04:05 PM

(11-30-2015 02:27 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  UALR received Top 25 votes today in the AP Poll... ahead of even CUSA's top undefeates team La Tech.

I guess they finally figured it out. The two basketball schools amongst all the football schools should be the dominant basketball programs in the league.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - USAJag2011 - 11-30-2015 04:07 PM

Great start for Little Rock and UTA. Keep it going!

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - RoyK - 11-30-2015 04:47 PM

Like u stated previously proud of both UTA and UALR. They both are doing a good job and making the league proud.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - runamuck - 12-01-2015 08:21 AM

(11-30-2015 04:05 PM)GoBigRed26 Wrote:  

I guess they finally figured it out. The two basketball schools amongst all the football schools should be the dominant basketball programs in the league.

I'm really glad to have those wins over osu and memphis even tho they are having a down year and are not as highly rated as usual.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - gostAte870 - 12-01-2015 08:28 AM

Hoping for Little Rock and UTA to both continue winning and to crack the top 25! Hell, even if it means beating up on stAte. Make the league proud.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - Usajags - 12-01-2015 09:12 AM

I'm gonna throw it out there, could we be a two bid league this year???03-cloud9

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - MICHAELSPAPPY - 12-01-2015 11:33 AM

(12-01-2015 09:12 AM)Usajags Wrote:  I'm gonna throw it out there, could we be a two bid league this year???03-cloud9

Outside chance, but it has to happen fast. Once we get to conference season there are not many opportunities for big wins.

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - FoUTASportscaster - 12-01-2015 01:25 PM

I'm flattered for the attention, but in order for us to be a two-bid league, there has to be one of two things.

The "bottom" of the standings have to win a third to half of their non-conference games, that way the top three-four teams don't take a severe RPI beating by winning those games. Half the RPI formula is opponent's winning percentage.

or

UTA and Little Rock win every game against everyone else and split against each other then both make it to the conference tournament finals.

Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - Pony94 - 12-01-2015 01:28 PM

UTA article

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/20151130-not-convinced-uta-basketball-is-the-real-deal-not-a-problem-they-embrace-the-underdog-role.ece

RE: Little Rock goes for a record tomorrow night - chiefsfan - 12-01-2015 01:28 PM

(12-01-2015 01:25 PM)FoUTASportscaster Wrote:  I'm flattered for the attention, but in order for us to be a two-bid league, there has to be one of two things.

The "bottom" of the standings have to win a third to half of their non-conference games, that way the top three-four teams don't take a severe RPI beating by winning those games. Half the RPI formula is opponent's winning percentage.

or

UTA and Little Rock win every game against everyone else and split against each other then both make it to the conference tournament finals.

There is a third way. One of UTA or UALR goes on an insane Georgia state style 20-0 league run, only to lose in the tourney finals.

Really, the first step for the SBC to erase our one big stigma is to be able to produce one team strong enough to get a 12 or 13 type seed in the tournament, and then pull off a couple upsets and get to the Sweet 16.