CSNbbs
Will Buddy Green be Back in 2016? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Navy (/forum-737.html)
+----- Thread: Will Buddy Green be Back in 2016? (/thread-758407.html)

Will Buddy Green be Back in 2016? - kmst19a - 11-17-2015 09:44 PM

The defense has been great this year under Dale Pherson. Should Navy go back to Buddy next year?

RE: Will Buddy Green be Back in 2016? - NavyHusker - 11-17-2015 11:09 PM

(11-17-2015 09:44 PM)kmst19a Wrote:  The defense has been great this year under Dale Pherson. Should Navy go back to Buddy next year?

Depends upon Buddy's health. DP is running the D that BG was implementing in the spring before he needed time off. It isn't like DP went radical & changed things up. We still run a "bend, don't break defense", we just have better players than BG has had in the past.

Don't misinterpret in that I'm not a fan of DP. Only that really nothing has changed on D in terms of philosophy & play calling. If BG is healthy enough to come back, he can. If not, there shouldn't be much drop off as far as Navy's D is concerned. But what's most important is that BG make a decision for the right reasons. Football is a game & right now BG needs to be focused on what his best for him & his family.

RE: Will Buddy Green be Back in 2016? - USNA9t8 - 11-21-2015 01:13 PM

I believe BG has been consulting this year - involved in the prep and game planning. Certainly DP deserves a lot of kuddos, but I'm not sure how much of our success this year can be solely attributed to DP.

RE: Will Buddy Green be Back in 2016? - old salt - 11-25-2015 02:55 PM

Wonder if BG's consulting role could be continued into the future ?

Still have the benefit of his expertise & ideas, without the physical wear & tear.
This arrangement is working well.

BG is a key asset, who should be retained in some capacity.
He reminds me of Steve Belichick, though in a somewhat different role.