CSNbbs
Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? (/thread-754170.html)

Pages: 1 2

Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - GaSoEagle - 10-21-2015 08:32 PM

Anyone know the number?

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - RamblinRedWolf44 - 10-21-2015 08:50 PM

announced crowd of 20,495

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - Fanof49ASU - 10-21-2015 09:14 PM

The 2nd quarter was the height of it. They came in slowly and left at half.
Odd night.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - stAteNation - 10-22-2015 06:58 AM

At about 9:30-9:45, everyone with kids started leaving. Midweek at 7 pm is always tough, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - gostAte870 - 10-22-2015 07:21 AM

I'm just thankful that we got 20,000+ to show up on a Tuesday night. The crowd arrived late and left early. The Little Rock/Memphis crowd was non-existent, so I'm glad that the Jonesboro folks stepped up for those of us that can't make it to town on a random Tuesday.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - ga southern eagles - 10-22-2015 08:06 AM

(10-22-2015 07:21 AM)gostAte870 Wrote:  I'm just thankful that we got 20,000+ to show up on a Tuesday night. The crowd arrived late and left early. The Little Rock/Memphis crowd was non-existent, so I'm glad that the Jonesboro folks stepped up for those of us that can't make it to town on a random Tuesday.

Fairly impressive considering the game was on a tuesday

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - pjc1979 - 10-22-2015 09:04 AM

I'm sure that was paid attendance not actual, but all schools announce that way so that's not a knock. Tuesday night has got to be terrible on attendance numbers, but I love it for home viewing. I just hate seeing all those empty seats on television. All in all it became a competitive game in the second half so those that stayed go their money's worth.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - ark30inf - 10-22-2015 09:26 AM

I always wondered, is it the same people who arrive late that leave early? Or do those arriving late tag out someone who can then leave early? We seem to have peak attendance for about 5 minutes before half.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - USAJag2011 - 10-22-2015 09:36 AM

(10-22-2015 09:04 AM)pjc1979 Wrote:  I'm sure that was paid attendance not actual, but all schools announce that way so that's not a knock. Tuesday night has got to be terrible on attendance numbers, but I love it for home viewing. I just hate seeing all those empty seats on television. All in all it became a competitive game in the second half so those that stayed go their money's worth.

USA still (unfortunately) reports actual attendance, or at least they report the tickets they actually decide to scan.

But still very good attendance considering it's a Tuesday night. Those games are tough for people from out of town to get to.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - GaSouthern - 10-22-2015 10:01 AM

Tuesday nights are killer on attendance.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - Fanof49ASU - 10-22-2015 10:01 AM

(10-22-2015 09:36 AM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  
(10-22-2015 09:04 AM)pjc1979 Wrote:  I'm sure that was paid attendance not actual, but all schools announce that way so that's not a knock. Tuesday night has got to be terrible on attendance numbers, but I love it for home viewing. I just hate seeing all those empty seats on television. All in all it became a competitive game in the second half so those that stayed go their money's worth.

USA still (unfortunately) reports actual attendance, or at least they report the tickets they actually decide to scan.

But still very good attendance considering it's a Tuesday night. Those games are tough for people from out of town to get to.

One of our near sellouts was a couple of years ago, on a Thursday....during the height of hunting season!
They are a hard one to predict.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - CAJUNNATION - 10-22-2015 10:09 AM

All weekday games are a waste of time.

They do not grow your brand or your attendance.

20 years ago, they did. Now, we get lost in the media fog.

Any TV deal that requires weekday games is a load of bull hockey.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - WinstonTheWolf - 10-22-2015 10:11 AM

(10-22-2015 10:01 AM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  
(10-22-2015 09:36 AM)USAJag2011 Wrote:  

One of our near sellouts was a couple of years ago, on a Thursday....during the height of hunting season!
They are a hard one to predict.

Interesting terminology - Malzahn was tricky in a couple games that season. For sure the MT finale, and probably the ULM game, had tickets purchased by businesses and distributed.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - RamblinRedWolf44 - 10-22-2015 11:12 AM

The 2012 game against ULM, it was also different situations...

On top of MalzahnMania still running strong at the time, ULM was also on that surprising run where they defeated then #8 Arkansas in Little rock & that story line was literally played up to epic proportions that game week.

Also, I always think Thursday games bring out a little bit more fans because it's easier to haggle your way out of work or school obligations on a Friday rather than a Wednesday IMO.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - chiefsfan - 10-22-2015 11:13 AM

(10-22-2015 10:09 AM)CAJUNNATION Wrote:  All weekday games are a waste of time.

It's either that or ESPN3 every game.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - RedWolf_Rex - 10-22-2015 11:17 AM

I disagree, I have family on the West Cost that know who A State is because I'm a fan that go to work the next day and have their friends talk about the game that was on TV. Then they get the chance to not only talk up the game itself but also the things I've talked to them about and the school.

They do hurt the attendance of games but to say they do nothing for the brand is just false IMO.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - JCGSU - 10-22-2015 11:22 AM

Truth in this. I still think there is some value being only one or two games on. Def not as much now that even P5's are playing weekday games.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - doberman - 10-22-2015 11:57 AM

Why do they bother to scan tickets if we are counting tickets sold? It would make getting inside much quicker without the scanning. There must be some point to it.

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - RedWolf_Rex - 10-22-2015 12:00 PM

(10-22-2015 11:57 AM)doberman Wrote:  Why do they bother to scan tickets if we are counting tickets sold? It would make getting inside much quicker without the scanning. There must be some point to it.

Because I think they have a record of scanned tickets/student ID's vs tickets sold. Trying to figure out how to get more of those sold tickets through the gates. But if you have both numbers why would you report the one that makes your school look worse?

RE: Attendance at Ark St-Louisiana game? - Fanof49ASU - 10-22-2015 12:56 PM

I also disagree.
It's the only game on. We're in every sports bar in America, because they don't have a choice.
I think only positives come from this. Inconvenience, yes, but we are getting our names out there!