CSNbbs
Hampton - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Hampton (/thread-753916.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hampton - Tribeheart - 10-20-2015 08:00 AM

Last time I checked, there is a backyard game with Hampton on Saturday...

No letdowns...Watford and Mixson appear to be majority of their offense, with 30+ passes/game.

We appear alot bigger on both sides.

Hampton - hktribefan - 10-20-2015 09:29 AM

Luke, not surprisingly, not on the two deep. Any word on how long he's out?

RE: Hampton - Tribe Fan - 10-20-2015 11:30 AM

(10-20-2015 09:29 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  Luke, not surprisingly, not on the two deep. Any word on how long he's out?

Coach said last night the MRI taken on the knee showed Luke does not need surgery but gave no exact timetable on when he may be ready to play. Just look for him when we are advised or when we see him.

Yesterday there appeared to be about 960 tickets renaming in the reserved sections and it is unknown how G/A tickets are available, and if HU will use all their allotment.

Re: RE: Hampton - Tribal - 10-20-2015 12:29 PM

(10-20-2015 09:29 AM)hktribefan Wrote:  Luke, not surprisingly, not on the two deep. Any word on how long he's out?

In case you missed it the first two times, coach said last night the MRI taken on the knee showed Luke does not need surgery but gave no exact timetable on when he may be ready to play. Just look for him when we are advised or when we see him.

Yesterday there appeared to be about 960 tickets renaming in the reserved sections and it is unknown how G/A tickets are available, and if HU will use all their allotment.

RE: Hampton - hktribefan - 10-20-2015 12:38 PM

(10-20-2015 12:29 PM)Tribal Wrote:  

In case you missed it the first two times, coach said last night the MRI taken on the knee showed Luke does not need surgery but gave no exact timetable on when he may be ready to play. Just look for him when we are advised or when we see him.

I appreciate the public service...I imagine if spoken it would be done like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Q0cyJSs04

RE: Hampton - Rocco - 10-20-2015 03:58 PM

Opposing kickers this year are 3/7 against W&M. They've missed from 25 yards, 22 yards, 41 yards and W&M blocked a 25 yarder. They haven't faced a particularly good slate of kickers, as the opposition kickers on their schedule are 30/49 (61%) overall. Pull out their games against W&M and that goes up to 64%. Hampton's kicker is 4/4 this year.

RE: Hampton - hktribefan - 10-20-2015 06:14 PM

(10-20-2015 03:58 PM)Rocco Wrote:  Opposing kickers this year are 3/7 against W&M. They've missed from 25 yards, 22 yards, 41 yards and W&M blocked a 25 yarder. They haven't faced a particularly good slate of kickers, as the opposition kickers on their schedule are 30/49 (61%) overall. Pull out their games against W&M and that goes up to 64%. Hampton's kicker is 4/4 this year.

Hampton Kicker, please meet DeAndre Houston-Carson, you'll get to see him real close on Saturday.

RE: Hampton - WM Beancounter - 10-20-2015 07:25 PM

What makes you think Hampton will get to use their kicker this weekend?

Hampton - hktribefan - 10-20-2015 07:36 PM

I'll cede them one FG attempt in the first half while we continue to settle in to life without Rhodes.

RE: Hampton - Tribeheart - 10-21-2015 06:04 AM

"Warhill grad DeVonte Dedmon has become a playmaker for W&M"
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/william-and-mary/dp-spt-william-mary-football-1021-20151020-story.html

Could use his speed and athleticism as a walk-on on the basketball team...Shame that football and basketball no longer lend themselves to two sport athletes with the time and focus required these days.

Re: RE: Hampton - mrjoolius - 10-21-2015 08:48 AM

(10-21-2015 06:04 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  "Warhill grad DeVonte Dedmon has become a playmaker for W&M"
http://www.dailypress.com/sports/william-and-mary/dp-spt-william-mary-football-1021-20151020-story.html

Could use his speed and athleticism as a walk-on on the basketball team...Shame that football and basketball no longer lend themselves to two sport athletes with the time and focus required these days.

Dedmon played as a true freshman. If he stays healthy and needs to stay for a fifth year to graduate, he could potentially walk on the basketball team after his football eligibility is done. Though, if he develops at the rate we hope, he will be readying himself for the NFL Draft/combines and shouldn't concern himself with basketball.

RE: Hampton - hktribefan - 10-21-2015 08:59 AM

I also don't think we're really hurting for guards, and something tells me Dedmon isn't playing a 4 or a 5.

On another note, all but one of the GA sections are sold out, and looks like only about 800 tickets left for the reserved seating. Looks like we're heading for a sellout.

RE: Hampton - Sitting bull - 10-21-2015 12:46 PM

Appears tickets are getting very scarce.

All GA are sold out on the ticket site.

The only tickets appear to be some in section II, section B and limited number in section C.

If you happen to know people making the trip in this weekend, expecting to just walk up gameday and get a ticket at the gate, you may want to warn them. I think once they are gone, W&M doesn't have any sort of overflow plan or standing room.

RE: Hampton - WMTribe90 - 10-21-2015 02:32 PM

This is a game that we should win, but I get the feeling that Tribe fans in general are taking the Pirates a little too lightly. As a reminder, Hampton moved the ball up and down the field against us last year and actually had more total offense. We won convincingly due to timely turnovers. This offense has added Watkins, the UVA transfer QB, so If fully expect Hampton to gain some yards.

If the teams comes out ready to play and puts them away early, we'll likely cruise to comfortable victory. Allow their offense to score early and gain confidence and it could turn into a shoot-out that comes down to the wire.

RE: Hampton - billymac - 10-21-2015 03:30 PM

I think you mean Watford, but we get the message. They are NOT going to be pushovers. We need to be ready.

RE: Hampton - WMTribe90 - 10-21-2015 03:48 PM

(10-21-2015 03:30 PM)billymac Wrote:  I think you mean Watford, but we get the message. They are NOT going to be pushovers. We need to be ready.

Big Green told me the kids name is Watkins, so I'm pretty sure that's right.

RE: Hampton - wanm65 - 10-21-2015 03:55 PM

http://www.hamptonpirates.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=2541&path=football

David Watford

RE: Hampton - hktribefan - 10-21-2015 04:05 PM

(10-21-2015 03:48 PM)WMTribe90 Wrote:  
(10-21-2015 03:30 PM)billymac Wrote:  I think you mean Watford, but we get the message. They are NOT going to be pushovers. We need to be ready.

Big Green told me the kids name is Watkins, so I'm pretty sure that's right.

04-cheers

RE: Hampton - TribePride91 - 10-21-2015 04:14 PM

This has trap game written all over it. It would make Hampton's year to knock us off and we might be caught flat after a big win against New Hampshire and with JMU's coming up. I'll feel better once we have Tribal's prediction. A fast start would be great to get the Homecoming crowd really into it early, although in each of the last 2 games, we fell behind through the first quarter. I am very pleased with the line play and the running game. I just hope Cluely continues to make progress in the short to intermediate passing game and we shore up the kickoff and punt coverage. We will need both to be excellent to win the remaining big games on the schedule.

There are definitely some encouraging signs and I do sense the team is really having fun this year. Hopefully it will be a great weekend.

RE: Hampton - tribe_pride - 10-21-2015 04:58 PM

We already had our trap game against Delaware. The guys learned they can't take anything for granted.

Fool me twice, shame on me.