CSNbbs
New tribeathletics.com - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: New tribeathletics.com (/thread-753084.html)

Pages: 1 2

New tribeathletics.com - Dr. Ebirt - 10-15-2015 09:13 AM

I encourage everyone to check out http://www.tribeathletics.com. Complete redesign. Pretty awesome.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - Tribe4SF - 10-15-2015 09:28 AM

Disappointed that photos can no longer be saved to my computer. Limits how they can be used to promote the Tribe.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - Tribe4SF - 10-15-2015 09:32 AM

No longer have player photo galleries or video galleries on bio pages.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - Dr. Ebirt - 10-15-2015 09:37 AM

I would imagine that since the changes were just made this morning, that these things are in the process of being transferred over. That would be my guess.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - hktribefan - 10-15-2015 10:14 AM

I like the layout and the display of graphics. Seems pretty easy to use, and hopefully they will get the archived content loaded up to the new system.

Re: RE: New tribeathletics.com - Tribal - 10-15-2015 10:44 AM

(10-15-2015 09:37 AM)Dr. Ebirt Wrote:  I would imagine that since the changes were just made this morning, that these things are in the process of being transferred over. That would be my guess.

I certainly hope this is the case.

Re: RE: New tribeathletics.com - tribefbfan - 10-15-2015 12:52 PM

(10-15-2015 09:28 AM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  Disappointed that photos can no longer be saved to my computer. Limits how they can be used to promote the Tribe.

Agreed, I hope like another poster suggested that is in the process. Otherwise, very nice looking.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - billymac - 10-15-2015 01:01 PM

Definitely more professional looking. Ease of use will be the deciding factor for me.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - hktribefan - 10-15-2015 01:02 PM

One thing I've noticed, and this is SUPER nitpicky, is an issue with the menus that drop down when you rollover the categories at the top. First off, I hate drop down menus because you have to "follow" the menu down and over; if you follow a "straight line" that goes diagonally from the header to the menu it will close the menu. I much prefer ones where you click and the menu stays open until you click your selection, or click outside the box to return to the main screen. But back to my point, take the "Tickets" one; when you drop down, the top link is to "Buy Tickets" and presumable the link in that spot for any of the drop down menus is one of the most frequently used. When you move the mouse down and then to the left, almost as soon as you get to the words "Buy Tickets" the box goes away. If you move down one more to "Ticket Information" then slide over and up, you can click "Buy Tickets" but if you move more than halfway up the text, the box disappears. This is the same for all of the tabs, and my guess is that the "Tribe" logo image box is "over" the pop up box so when you mouse over that area the system thinks you have moused away from the menu. Again, I realize this is a super nitpicky thing, and I may have described it poorly, but the "Buy Tickets" is one of the more important links on the site and this should be fixed ASAP.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - wanm65 - 10-15-2015 02:18 PM

We need to be Beta testers & let Clawson & CO know when we find problems.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - soccerguy315 - 10-15-2015 06:16 PM

hk, check again.

Right now when I put my mouse over one of the menus, a big white box appears that goes the length of the screen and as long as you keep your mouse in that white box, you can move the cursor around wherever and the menu options stay open.

It seems different now than what you are describing, so it is possible they changed it already!

RE: New tribeathletics.com - hktribefan - 10-15-2015 07:28 PM

The gold headers are there now which solves the problem as the links are below those. I don't recall those being there earlier, so maybe they fixed it or the webpage hadn't been fully uploaded. Either way, glad it's "fixed."

RE: New tribeathletics.com - Tribe4SF - 10-16-2015 04:48 AM

New site is a work in progress. Photos and videos of players will be added to bio pages.

Re: RE: New tribeathletics.com - tribefbfan - 10-16-2015 05:21 AM

(10-16-2015 04:48 AM)Tribe4SF Wrote:  New site is a work in progress. Photos and videos of players will be added to bio pages.

Great news

RE: New tribeathletics.com - BigTribe2 - 10-16-2015 06:49 AM

I'm glad they are working on it...for the site, as now presented, is confusing, rapidly moving in a distracting way, and very difficult to work. For example, try and find the game notes on this week's UNH game.

New tribeathletics.com - hktribefan - 10-16-2015 07:14 AM

(10-16-2015 06:49 AM)BigTribe2 Wrote:  I'm glad they are working on it...for the site, as now presented, is confusing, rapidly moving in a distracting way, and very difficult to work. For example, try and find the game notes on this week's UNH game.

Took me 30 seconds. Went to the football page, found the link under "Additional" on the right side of the menu bar. It's still being worked out, but from what I can tell so far it's much better than the old one.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - Dr. Ebirt - 10-16-2015 07:47 AM

Sports -> Football -> Additional Links tab -> Game Notes. Boom.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - 62Indian - 10-16-2015 10:06 AM

(10-16-2015 06:49 AM)BigTribe2 Wrote:  I'm glad they are working on it...for the site, as now presented, is confusing, rapidly moving in a distracting way, and very difficult to work. For example, try and find the game notes on this week's UNH game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have always felt that the Tribe Athletics site was a dog and very difficult to work with [but, of course, this was somehow my fault] even thou I am able to successfully and easily navigate hundreds of other web sites on the internet.

Somebody please monitor and post when all improvements are completed and the web site is working the way it could/should.

Thanks

RE: New tribeathletics.com - nogretheogre - 10-17-2015 07:23 AM

A majorly disappointing facet of the new website? No more Neulion for Tribeathletics.tv. Now its Stretch internet, along with CAA broadcast. I was wondering based on the layout if this new site was a recommendation of the CAA, because it is very similar to the leagues. Using Stretch may also part of that package.

RE: New tribeathletics.com - billymac - 10-17-2015 07:34 AM

I actually like Stretch internet. I used to only get to use it when we were at away games. Neulion has gotten MUCH better in recent seasons, but Stretch will be fine for stats and such.