CSNbbs
Thanks for the Discussions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Thanks for the Discussions (/thread-746867.html)

Pages: 1 2

Thanks for the Discussions - EKUSteve - 08-31-2015 08:13 PM

Since we didn't get the nod I won't be on this board as much. I appreciate most of you being cordial to us Colonel fans. Wish you success as you move forward with CCU as your new member. We'll keep doing what we need to for improving facilities, both athletic and academic.

Good luck to your teams this season...

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - slycat - 08-31-2015 08:15 PM

Until next time, good luck with your season and stadium upgrades

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - GoAppsGo92 - 08-31-2015 08:40 PM

The biggest thing EKU can do for the future is show up in record numbers this season and support your team. Keep the fundraising going and fill the coffers. I don't think this is done yet. Do not lose hope.

Best of luck!

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - Tom in Lazybrook - 08-31-2015 08:41 PM

Best of luck to EKU. Keep working on what you can control and the rest will eventually fall into place in most cases.

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - TheRevSWT - 08-31-2015 08:47 PM

The way realignment goes, I'd almost say "don't go too far" because you might be getting a call in short order.

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - Bobcat87 - 08-31-2015 08:50 PM

(08-31-2015 08:13 PM)EKUSteve Wrote:  Since we didn't get the nod I won't be on this board as much. I appreciate most of you being cordial to us Colonel fans. Wish you success as you move forward with CCU as your new member. We'll keep doing what we need to for improving facilities, both athletic and academic.

Hang in there . . . You never know what's going to happen in college football/conference alignment these days. . . .

. . . . And now that we've added chicken, we're going to need a Colonel to fry 'em up . . . . . 04-cheers

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - KeyWestTROYTrojan - 08-31-2015 08:51 PM

My best to EKU and it's fans. You guys may well be the next to be called up since anything can happen at anytime in this realignment craze. Keep hope alive. Your time will come.

Re: RE: Thanks for the Discussions - Georgia_Power_Company - 08-31-2015 08:58 PM

(08-31-2015 08:13 PM)EKUSteve Wrote:  Since we didn't get the nod I won't be on this board as much. I appreciate most of you being cordial to us Colonel fans. Wish you success as you move forward with CCU as your new member. We'll keep doing what we need to for improving facilities, both athletic and academic.

I believe EKU will make a good FBS school one day. I know from our own experience here at GS we certainly didn't get the invite the first year we were considered.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - trojanbrutha - 08-31-2015 09:01 PM

(08-31-2015 08:40 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  The biggest thing EKU can do for the future is show up in record numbers this season and support your team. Keep the fundraising going and fill the coffers. I don't think this is done yet. Do not lose hope.

Best of luck!

I do believe that this is the case...

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - Check Yosef - 08-31-2015 09:10 PM

CCU great, eku, next, Missouri state after Idaho is gone and nmsu is full

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - Usajags - 08-31-2015 09:16 PM

Now that you guys were in the running, I'm sure a lot of us, including me, will be keeping up with your success, failures and attendance numbers.

Good luck, now go win the OVC and make some more noise.

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - Oldyeller - 08-31-2015 09:41 PM

I think at this point there's little dought that EKU is up next. The Stars seemed to line up perfectly for CCU and the timing couldn't have been better for them. It's great to see you folks finally getting the upgrades. May be little solace but a tiny part of me was jealous after watching the NDSU Montana game knowing that if we were in the league there's a very good chance we'd have our shot at one or both of them. Only negative of moving up. No 16 team National title run. Go win the damn thing! Good luck!

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - ChooChoo - 08-31-2015 10:11 PM

Yes, I feel I have much better understanding of EKU and respect what yall are trying to achieve. I think you maybe in the Belt quicker than you think.

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - arkstfan - 08-31-2015 10:12 PM

Best of luck and hope the Colonels reclaim their past glory

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - The4thOption - 08-31-2015 11:38 PM

(08-31-2015 09:41 PM)Oldyeller Wrote:  I think at this point there's little dought that EKU is up next. The Stars seemed to line up perfectly for CCU and the timing couldn't have been better for them. It's great to see you folks finally getting the upgrades. May be little solace but a tiny part of me was jealous after watching the NDSU Montana game knowing that if we were in the league there's a very good chance we'd have our shot at one or both of them. Only negative of moving up. No 16 team National title run. Go win the damn thing! Good luck!

I'll second that. I am glad to be in the Belt, but that game had the excitement of the playoffs and I'll miss that. Until they expand the playoffs here and we can once again play to get in there.

Enjoy another run or two EKU, Maybe by the time y'all come over, you wont have to play in a league without access to a real playoff.

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - MJG - 09-01-2015 03:23 AM

Hopefully something changes with the invitation only rule.
The Montana vs NDSU game shows why and the future is unpredictable. Liberty EKU and Jacksonville St might be able to work together.

Thanks for the Discussions - GaSouthern - 09-01-2015 08:19 AM

I won't be surprised at all for EKU to get called up before the deadline this coming summer

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - Pounce FTW - 09-01-2015 09:22 AM

And good luck to EKU. As has been said, it ain't over yet.

I could easily see the SBC in a mode now where we keep some options tucked away (EKU, NMSU all sports) for the scenario where we lose a member OR get a shot at one of the schools we've had such a hardon for (JMU, MSU) and are looking for travel partners. Personally, I had pretty much come to want EKU in as much as any of the others. I hope y'all find your path "upward."

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - CAJUNNATION - 09-01-2015 09:41 AM

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat things too much if I were y'all. I would say odds are very good EKU is in the SBC in the next 3 years.

RE: Thanks for the Discussions - airtroop - 09-01-2015 03:33 PM

(08-31-2015 08:40 PM)GoAppsGo92 Wrote:  The biggest thing EKU can do for the future is show up in record numbers this season and support your team. Keep the fundraising going and fill the coffers. I don't think this is done yet. Do not lose hope.

Best of luck!

EKU fans - I've learned to listen to this guy, FWIW. During the process your leaders have developed mutual respect and insider contacts (important relationships) within the SBC - a HUGE advantage over any other FCS hoping to move up to FBS at this point in time.