CSNbbs
Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off (/thread-722735.html)

Pages: 1 2

Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Seahawk Nation 08 - 01-11-2015 03:13 AM

I can't believe I'm saying this, but at 3-1, UNCW finds themselves in the top 4 of the standings. Yes, it's early in the season, but when you only have one winning season in 8 years, these things tend to be rare.

Wednesday could prove crucial, as Hofstra (4-0) travels to Boston to face Northeastern (3-1). Meanwhile, the other two 3-1 teams clash as we face some school with the Waste Management logo up in Williamsburg.

While the league is pretty wide open this year, these 4 teams have taken the spotlight so far, and deservedly so. How these two games play out will be telling when it comes to the pecking order.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - B_Hawk06 - 01-11-2015 04:16 PM

(01-11-2015 03:13 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  I can't believe I'm saying this, but at 3-1, UNCW finds themselves in the top 4 of the standings. Yes, it's early in the season, but when you only have one winning season in 8 years, these things tend to be rare.

Wednesday could prove crucial, as Hofstra (4-0) travels to Boston to face Northeastern (3-1). Meanwhile, the other two 3-1 teams clash as we face some school with the Waste Management logo up in Williamsburg.

While the league is pretty wide open this year, these 4 teams have taken the spotlight so far, and deservedly so. How these two games play out will be telling when it comes to the pecking order.

Way to go knucklehead. LOL

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Proff - 01-11-2015 04:30 PM

A victory against bill & the virgin would be huge.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Seahawk Nation 08 - 01-11-2015 08:51 PM

(01-11-2015 04:16 PM)CoastGuardHawk06 Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 03:13 AM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  I can't believe I'm saying this, but at 3-1, UNCW finds themselves in the top 4 of the standings. Yes, it's early in the season, but when you only have one winning season in 8 years, these things tend to be rare.

Way to go knucklehead. LOL

Haha. C'mon now this makes it fun!

Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - B_Hawk06 - 01-11-2015 09:30 PM

Yeah it does. Plus that "waste management" bit was actually hilarious.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Tribal - 01-11-2015 10:08 PM

That waste management bit is about as old as our 28 year-old funny guy, 08.

Now, what I think is funny is setting another 3-pt record breaking the 16 we made on the Ws last time we played.

That was just a primer for the beating we put on your quaint little baseball team. Cute birdies never learn!

Hey guys, enjoy the free HD feed at tribeathletics.com and I hope a seagull poops on your windshield.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - B_Hawk06 - 01-11-2015 10:25 PM

(01-11-2015 10:08 PM)Tribal Wrote:  That waste management bit is about as old as our 28 year-old funny guy, 08.

Now, what I think is funny is setting another 3-pt record breaking the 16 we made on the Ws last time we played.

That was just a primer for the beating we put on your quaint little baseball team. Cute birdies never learn!

Hey guys, enjoy the free HD feed at tribeathletics.com and I hope a seagull poops on your windshield.

Congrats. This program is on the rise. The last time we played this team was completely different. I'm looking forward to the matchup. You guys are a tough squad now and it will be a good litmus test after two wins we were supposed to have anyways. We upset Northeastern at their place, and the pre-season projections didn't have you finishing above them so I wouldn't be so confident so quickly T. The time will come when UNCW is back at the forefront of the conference, and that time is approaching fast. Our dumpster fire days are definitely behind us.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - 70shawk - 01-12-2015 07:18 AM

(01-11-2015 10:08 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Hey guys, enjoy the free HD feed at tribeathletics.com and I hope a seagull poops on your windshield.

How long has it been since trash-talkers from other conference teams (Still Jonesing is another story altogether) even felt it was worth their time to crash our board? Just another metric showing our improvement.

By the way...EVERY team in the CAA now has a "free HD feed", and they are all accessible via the CAA website. No need to go to "tribeatheletics.com".

Tribal coming over here and bragging about it makes about as much sense as inviting us to "enjoy the free water fountains and toilets" at their gym.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Seahawkhoops - 01-12-2015 09:25 AM

Wait a minute who is this school?

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - tribe_pride - 01-12-2015 11:12 AM

(01-12-2015 07:18 AM)70shawk Wrote:  
(01-11-2015 10:08 PM)Tribal Wrote:  Hey guys, enjoy the free HD feed at tribeathletics.com and I hope a seagull poops on your windshield.

How long has it been since trash-talkers from other conference teams (Still Jonesing is another story altogether) even felt it was worth their time to crash our board? Just another metric showing our improvement.

By the way...EVERY team in the CAA now has a "free HD feed", and they are all accessible via the CAA website. No need to go to "tribeatheletics.com".

Tribal coming over here and bragging about it makes about as much sense as inviting us to "enjoy the free water fountains and toilets" at their gym.

To be fair to Tribal, CoastGuardHawk06 came on to our board and asked if we had an online feed. Tribal may have thought that others from UNCW (notice I did not write UNC-W) would have the same question.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Seahawkhoops - 01-12-2015 11:25 AM

(01-12-2015 11:12 AM)tribe_pride Wrote:  

To be fair to Tribal, CoastGuardHawk06 came on to our board and asked if we had an online feed. Tribal may have thought that others from UNCW (notice I did not write UNC-W) would have the same question.
It's all in good fun my friend :)

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Tribal - 01-12-2015 11:27 AM

As it was already addressed, one of your posters came to our forum and asked about the feed so I thought I'd be a good neighbor and spread the word. Now, aside from that little detail, the CAA TV feed is the stretch garbage and our Neulion feed is usually perfect. Aside from that fact, CAA TV shows an audio only link for our game whereas the Elon-CoC and NU-HU games have these little things called tv icons next to them. http://portal.stretchinternet.com/caa/
Feel free to scroll and you'll notice that not EVERY team in the CAA now has a "free HD feed."

Something could change in the next 50 hours but we have no way of knowing that. What we know NOW is you have one option if you want to watch the game. So, when you find yourself going to tribeathletics.com in a couple days to watch our game, be sure to think of me and how foolish you feel. 04-chairshot

And, I do think UNCW is on the rise and that's a good thing. 04-cheers

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - tke75hawk - 01-12-2015 12:15 PM

you are correct i think 2 teams in caa do not have the caa tv feed

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Seahawk Nation 08 - 01-12-2015 03:14 PM

Woah woah, we actually had a Tribe fan talking smack about baseball? C'mon now. Stick to what you know. Better Basketball program (currently), football, and a high academic profile. Leave Baseball for the adult table. 03-wink

Re: RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Tribal - 01-12-2015 03:45 PM

(01-12-2015 03:14 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  Woah woah, we actually had a Tribe fan talking smack about baseball? C'mon now. Stick to what you know. Better Basketball program (currently), football, and a high academic profile. Leave Baseball for the adult table. 03-wink

3-1 against you last year to include a beating at your place to bounce you from the CAAT. Can I going outside and play now? My homework is done and 100% correct.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - B_Hawk06 - 01-12-2015 03:48 PM

(01-12-2015 03:45 PM)Tribal Wrote:  
(01-12-2015 03:14 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  Woah woah, we actually had a Tribe fan talking smack about baseball? C'mon now. Stick to what you know. Better Basketball program (currently), football, and a high academic profile. Leave Baseball for the adult table. 03-wink

3-1 against you last year to include a beating at your place to bounce you from the CAAT. Can I going outside and play now? My homework is done and 100% correct.

Go to your room and no video games for you tonight. I won't have you talking to your mother with that tone of voice.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Seahawk Nation 08 - 01-12-2015 04:33 PM

Small sample size my friend. Your program is certainly on the rise but until you're winning NCAA Tournament games every 3 years or knocking off # 1 teams on the road, we're the kingpin.

Re: RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Tribal - 01-12-2015 06:11 PM

(01-12-2015 04:33 PM)Seahawk Nation 08 Wrote:  

Small sample size my friend. Your program is certainly on the rise but until you're winning NCAA Tournament games every 3 years or knocking off # 1 teams on the road, we're the kingpin.

Because we haven't played this year (I can't wait for baseball season btw), all we have is last year because, for the most part, we have similar rosters and coaching staff.

What happened many years ago doesn't matter...W&M beat Oklahoma, Florida State, and #1 Navy in football way back when. What I know is the Tribe has been pretty good in baseball since sweeping Ole Miss in the Raleigh Regional and we're 3-1 against the Ws of NC.

But, I suppose I'll save the baseball talk for a couple months. Just know we own you and put the baby to rest for now. ;-)

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - SEA33HAWK - 01-12-2015 06:25 PM

I understand it takes smarts to get into W&M, but there are definitely no requirements for common sense. We are talking a winning program overall. Our baseball had a down year and still beat #1UNC. We have reloaded with pitching and may have the most speed as a team ever. But, as far as the basketball game goes, you should win this game. And, if you do, you should relish the victory. Starting next season, the tide will turn.

RE: Wednesday's CAA games: Top 4 face off - Tribal - 01-12-2015 06:46 PM

I brought up baseball to "we're talking" what I tell you we're talking. You can expand to whatever if it makes you feel more worthy. I remember when Delaware had a good football team but ask Hens fans how they feel about their team now. Common sense talk right there, big boy.

I look forward to your dominant basketball team next year. You guys have said that since the 90's.