CSNbbs
Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Watts holding press conference at 2pm (/thread-722526.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Blazer85 - 01-09-2015 01:27 PM

Expected to discuss strategic plan.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2on - TheGORILLA - 01-09-2015 01:31 PM

Big plans! Yea! Right! Big plans! Strategic!

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - KevMo4UAB - 01-09-2015 01:37 PM

Hope he announces his resignation.

Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Blazer85 - 01-09-2015 01:43 PM

Fox6 WBRC will stream live. Some media members on Twitter asking for questions you would ask.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - hooverblazer - 01-09-2015 02:01 PM

@Fox6Clare is asking for input on questions to ask.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - iam4uab - 01-09-2015 02:01 PM

They should ask him how he expects student, faculty and alumni should trust his promises going forward when he said on national television that he couldn't trust them.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - the Dragon - 01-09-2015 02:09 PM

Seriously, they should ask him why he didn't consult the board of trustees since he is required to under board policy. (What a twisted lie they have told there.)

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - jcduncan13 - 01-09-2015 02:14 PM

His plan to resign today I hope

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - uabblazer2012 - 01-09-2015 02:19 PM

Is he taking questions?

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - BlazerFire - 01-09-2015 02:19 PM

(01-09-2015 02:14 PM)jcduncan13 Wrote:  His plan to resign today I hope

Me too…. but his intentions are to fight tooth and nail to stay in place. He's just getting started. That's why the PR firm was hired and these "town hall" (LOL) meetings have been taking place. He has no intentions on walking away now. Quite to the contrary. In his mind, he's been through the worst. Oh how he's mistaken.

Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Blazer85 - 01-09-2015 02:21 PM

Supposedly was going to have one on one sit down with someone from Fox but has since decided he was going to do this press conference instead.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - demiveeman - 01-09-2015 02:23 PM

(01-09-2015 02:21 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  Supposedly was going to have one on one sit down with someone from Fox but has since decided he was going to do this press conference instead.

Same story with AL.com reporters.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - BlazerRob - 01-09-2015 02:31 PM

Ask him when he plans to meet with football season ticket holders?

Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Blazer85 - 01-09-2015 02:35 PM

My take on a press conference is that a decision of some sort may have been made. Whether that is to rescind the decision to disband football or to announce his resignation, I think either is possible. The previously planned one on ones may have been more along the lines of selling his defense and taking questions. To divert strategy and call a press conference with media makes me think it's more along the lines of an announcement. This could all just be more wishful thinking on my part in terms of the possible announcements. But I do not think this will be a time where Watts will take questions and try to present a defense which I think was the likely objective of the one on one interviews planned before.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Cole - 01-09-2015 02:39 PM

(01-09-2015 02:35 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  My take on a press conference is that a decision of some sort may have been made. Whether that is to rescind the decision to disband football or to announce his resignation, I think either is possible. The previously planned one on ones may have been more along the lines of selling his defense and taking questions. To divert strategy and call a press conference with media makes me think it's more along the lines of an announcement. This could all just be more wishful thinking on my part in terms of the possible announcements. But I do not think this will be a time where Watts will take questions and try to present a defense which I think was the likely objective of the one on one interviews planned before.

I wonder if they changed the 1-on-1s to a press conference because the PR people realize he can't tell the same story twice. I don't see him reinstating anything, he has repeatedly said he will not, and I don't see him stepping down. But, rumor is the mini-meetings he is having is not helping, so he may see the writing on the wall and just may be giving up. I certainly hope so!

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - hooverblazer - 01-09-2015 02:40 PM

Here is the link to Fox 6's streaming:

http://www.foxalabamalive.com/

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - USAFBlazerFan - 01-09-2015 02:42 PM

"well, you're probably all wondering why I called this press conference today..."

Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Blazer85 - 01-09-2015 02:45 PM

Press conference will again be from the admin building.

We all remember the last press conference from Watts at the admin building...

Watts holding press conference at 2pm - Blazer85 - 01-09-2015 02:49 PM

(01-09-2015 02:39 PM)Cole Wrote:  
(01-09-2015 02:35 PM)Blazer85 Wrote:  My take on a press conference is that a decision of some sort may have been made. Whether that is to rescind the decision to disband football or to announce his resignation, I think either is possible. The previously planned one on ones may have been more along the lines of selling his defense and taking questions. To divert strategy and call a press conference with media makes me think it's more along the lines of an announcement. This could all just be more wishful thinking on my part in terms of the possible announcements. But I do not think this will be a time where Watts will take questions and try to present a defense which I think was the likely objective of the one on one interviews planned before.

I wonder if they changed the 1-on-1s to a press conference because the PR people realize he can't tell the same story twice. I don't see him reinstating anything, he has repeatedly said he will not, and I don't see him stepping down. But, rumor is the mini-meetings he is having is not helping, so he may see the writing on the wall and just may be giving up. I certainly hope so!

It's a big if of course and I certainly wouldn't be surprised if it were just more canned statements addressing the criticisms. But if there was a resignation or reinstatement decision coming, I doubt it would be his. It might likely be forced on him by the BOT in an effort to quiet the rhetoric.

RE: Watts holding press conference at 2pm - uabblazer2012 - 01-09-2015 02:49 PM

Isn't this more about the plan moving forward?