CSNbbs
CJ - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: CJ (/thread-722445.html)

CJ - 82hawk - 01-09-2015 07:07 AM

I was really paying attention to the play of CJ last night, as he was forced to play more with Ced in foul trouble.

8 points, 8 rebounds, 5 blocks.

He also altered at least five more shots.

But, what I really noticed was his defense last night against Delaware. He was jumping out on picks to stop the drive, then jumping back to cover his guy over and over.

If you look at his frame, he really has narrow shoulders. I can see him at 235-240 as his most athletic weight. If he can do that, CJ is going to be an absolute beast by the time he's a senior. If you remember Matt Fish, he was 6'11" and 235 lbs.

Wasn't sure how he could fit into a Keatts system, but he's become a far better back to the basket post player than Ced. He still needs time in the weight room, but I love his aggressiveness.

Get em' Gettys'!

RE: CJ - Proff - 01-09-2015 10:49 AM

There were a lot of big plays last night but arguably the one that seemed to spark everyone was CJ getting after that loose ball on the floor. Freddie even remarked that that play got everyone fired up. To see a big (and in CJ's case - a really big, big) laid out on the floor after a 50-50 ball is an inspiration to the team and the fans. Way to go big guy! You & Chuck are turning into a formidable force. Keep it up guys. I'm lovin' it.

RE: CJ - SEA33HAWK - 01-09-2015 12:51 PM

That play and where Dylan snaked down the baseline and stole that offensive rebound was another.