CSNbbs
Zable Stadium Renovation - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Zable Stadium Renovation (/thread-722145.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Dr. Ebirt - 03-22-2016 07:56 AM

New Photos:

http://www.tribeathletics.com/galleries/?gallery=873

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - WM Beancounter - 03-22-2016 11:40 AM

Some of those 2nd deck photos of the areas under the stands remind me a lot of Richmond's facility.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Blow Gym rat - 03-22-2016 12:54 PM

Same architects for both -- BCWH Architects and McMillan, Pazdan, Smith

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - 3xTribe - 03-22-2016 03:35 PM

I just got my ticket information today. Having previously used my late father in-law's tickets, this is the first time I'm buying my own. Though I have contributed enough to qualify for some of the better seats, should I assume that my disadvantageous ranking will have me sitting in the parking lot? I have no sense of how many donors there are relative to the number of good donor seats.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Tribe4SF - 03-22-2016 04:04 PM

(03-22-2016 03:35 PM)3xTribe Wrote:  I just got my ticket information today. Having previously used my late father in-law's tickets, this is the first time I'm buying my own. Though I have contributed enough to qualify for some of the better seats, should I assume that my disadvantageous ranking will have me sitting in the parking lot? I have no sense of how many donors there are relative to the number of good donor seats.

Call Spencer Milne and he will be able to give you guidance on where you can expect to score. At worst just put in your request and see what happens.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - WMTRIBE75 - 03-22-2016 04:41 PM

What would really be nice at this point would for there to actually be a layout on our website at this point that actually showed how many rows are going to be in each section and how many seats will be in a row. I cannot believe that we do not know that by now.

Clearly I am thinking like an accountant. That's my problem!!

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - hktribefan - 03-22-2016 07:46 PM

(03-22-2016 04:41 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  What would really be nice at this point would for there to actually be a layout on our website at this point that actually showed how many rows are going to be in each section and how many seats will be in a row. I cannot believe that we do not know that by now.

At the presentations last fall I remember them saying 20 seats per row instead of 25, and the middle five sections would lose a couple of rows to the addition on the lower level.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - 62Indian - 03-22-2016 09:47 PM

(03-22-2016 04:41 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  What would really be nice at this point would for there to actually be a layout on our website at this point that actually showed how many rows are going to be in each section and how many seats will be in a row. I cannot believe that we do not know that by now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not your problem - it is unbelievable that W&M does not have the new seating posted on the internet, given all the falderal about the new stadium and the new seating selection process. It is not like the Athletic Dept has not known, for the last six months at least, EXACTLY how many rows and how many seats are going to be in each section.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Dr. Ebirt - 03-22-2016 10:06 PM

I'm sure the ticket office would be happy to fill you in on the specifics of rows/seats for each section. From the seat map and what we know already, sections 102-106 are losing 2 rows so that would be 19 rows X 20 seats per row. I believe it is 8 rows of Chairback seating (flip down seat with cup holder) in sections 103-105 and bleacherback seating for the rest of the 100 level. Looks like the number of rows in the 300 level bleacherback seats will vary due to the wheelchair platform up there but I think a full section has 5 rows of seats.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Tribe Fan - 03-23-2016 08:40 AM

The upper deck is the unknown area as far as how many rows and seats will be in each row. At one of the early town meetings it was mentioned that sections 300-309 will have lower rows . My question is how many rows and seats, and will there be a walkway or some sort of break behind these lower sections ? It would be a big help to know more details so when it comes time to sit down and choose seats you have a better idea where you want to sit.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Tribe Fan - 03-23-2016 09:29 AM

The more I think about this, I am surprised there is not a scale model of what the renovations will look like. You see them whenever there is a new structure of this type on the drawing board or being built.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - soccerguy315 - 03-23-2016 07:05 PM

(03-22-2016 09:47 PM)62Indian Wrote:  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's not your problem - it is unbelievable that W&M does not have the new seating posted on the internet, given all the falderal about the new stadium and the new seating selection process. It is not like the Athletic Dept has not known, for the last six months at least, EXACTLY how many rows and how many seats are going to be in each section.

thanks, I learned a new word.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Blow Gym rat - 03-23-2016 08:18 PM

Years ago, one of the local sports columnists -- Times-Dispatch, I think -- would start his weekly notes columns with the line "A dose of Friday morning folderol." (An alternate spelling of falderal).

Anybody remember who it was? Bill Millsaps, maybe? Jerry Lundquist?

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - 62Indian - 03-23-2016 10:01 PM

(03-23-2016 07:05 PM)soccerguy315 Wrote:  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry I misspelled the word , it is "folderal" which is a good and descriptive word. It is not my fault that this website/whatever has no spell check..

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Paulbintheburg - 03-24-2016 06:39 AM

(03-23-2016 09:29 AM)Tribe Fan Wrote:  The more I think about this, I am surprised there is not a scale model of what the renovations will look like. You see them whenever there is a new structure of this type on the drawing board or being built.

My kids are really good with Legos, I will get them on it, asap!

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - billymac - 03-24-2016 08:19 AM

(03-23-2016 10:01 PM)62Indian Wrote:  Sorry I misspelled the word , it is "folderal" which is a good and descriptive word. It is not my fault that this website/whatever has no spell check..

Actually, it's folderol, but who's counting...??

03-wink

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - tribemike09 - 03-24-2016 08:32 AM

Top 10 reasons you know you're on a W&M forum - a discussion about a football stadium upgrade turns into a discussion about the proper spelling of folderol.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - tribe_pride - 03-24-2016 08:37 AM

(03-24-2016 08:32 AM)tribemike09 Wrote:  Top 10 reasons you know you're on a W&M forum - a discussion about a football stadium upgrade turns into a discussion about the proper spelling of folderol.

To be fair, the JMU guys were discussing that the 2 spaces after a period is no longer necessary or acceptable on a spring practice thread

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - Tribal - 03-24-2016 08:39 AM

Folderol: (n) The fat that oozes over your belt when you try to wear the same shorts you wore in September.

RE: Zable Stadium Renovation - 62Indian - 03-24-2016 09:30 AM

(03-23-2016 10:01 PM)62Indian Wrote:  
(03-23-2016 07:05 PM)soccerguy315 Wrote:  

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry I misspelled the word , it is "folderal" which is a good and descriptive word. It is not my fault that this website/whatever has no spell check..
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Actually, I WAS CORRECT the first time, it turns out! I decided to look the word up in my online Dictionary and this is what it said:

falderal - preferred spelling
falderol - alternate spelling
folderol - 2nd alternate spelling

Meanings:
1) A showy but worthless trifle
2) Foolish nonsense
3) A nonsensical refrain in old songs

I first became acquainted with this word when I was a student at W&M. Several of my classmates were musicians/performers who worked part time for Colonial Williamsburg and/or Jamestown Settlement as costumed 18th Century Balladeers where they would stroll the streets and taverns and sing 18th Century songs/dittys. Falderal is prominent in the "Doo Wop" music of the 50s which some of us can remember.