CSNbbs
NFL Draft 2015 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: NFL Draft 2015 (/thread-721908.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

NFL Draft 2015 - tribeintexas - 01-05-2015 03:03 PM

It is too early, but SB Nation mock draft has Tre McBride going to Indianapolis in 5th round. Since he is invited to East-West Shrine Game and NFL combine, I believe Tre can only elevate his stock.

5th Round
152. Indianapolis Colts - Tre McBride WR, William & Mary

Reggie Wayne and Hakeem Nicks are both free agents.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - zablenoise - 01-05-2015 03:18 PM

Wow that is a very favorable projection. I'd love to see Tre go that high

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - Tribal - 01-05-2015 07:08 PM

The Colts make sense...I've seen Tre compared to Pierre Garcon plus Tre is a gifted return man. He won't know how to act when Luck leads him in stride on a 40 yard post.

I also recall reading how NFL scouts were highly impressed by Tre's three beautiful catches for 108 yards against WVU.

NFL Draft 2015 - tribefbfan - 01-11-2015 02:22 PM

Really hoping Mike Reilly gets a look. The guy did it right on and off the field. Any word on his chances?

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - Tribeheart - 01-11-2015 04:26 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/51538/351/2015-east-west-shrine-preview
From NFL draft analyst Josh Norris' Shrine Bowl preview:
Wide Receiver
John Brown made an immediate impact with the Cardinals after playing in this game. He is a different type of a receiver, but I would put Tre McBride’s name behind Browns among receivers who have attended the event in the last two years. McBride is a very good hands catcher and creates separation with routes and burst out of cuts and breaks. All in a 6’1/205 lbs package. He was isolated in college and consistently won against single coverage. That is something to watch this week. McBride is my Shrine crush on offense.

Tre career highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYdz1CEDlTw&feature=youtu.be

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - tribeintexas - 01-11-2015 05:24 PM

Tre' McBride/WR/William & Mary -- Stamped as a potential late-round pick prior to the season, McBride responded with a career campaign which has improved his draft stock. He's a well-sized receiver with enough speed to stretch the field but scouts want to know if McBride possesses the grit and toughness necessary to compete at the next level. He's been labeled as soft by a number of area scouts, something he must disprove the next three days.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - zablenoise - 01-11-2015 05:27 PM

I'm shocked that scouts are saying Tre is soft. I remember him taking a huge hit against Villanova and he had to be helped off the field. But he came right back out the next drive like nothing happened

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - wanm65 - 01-11-2015 07:13 PM

(01-11-2015 05:24 PM)tribeintexas Wrote:  Tre' McBride/WR/William & Mary -- Stamped as a potential late-round pick prior to the season, McBride responded with a career campaign which has improved his draft stock. He's a well-sized receiver with enough speed to stretch the field but scouts want to know if McBride possesses the grit and toughness necessary to compete at the next level. He's been labeled as soft by a number of area scouts, something he must disprove the next three days.

These are same idiots who have missed as many future stars as they have picked 04-chairshot03-banghead01-lauramac2

Re: RE: NFL Draft 2015 - Tribal - 01-11-2015 07:18 PM

(01-11-2015 05:27 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  I'm shocked that scouts are saying Tre is soft.

They should ask our opponents' DBs if they think Tre is soft. Honestly, calling him soft is just about the dumbest thing I've heard in a long time.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - LeadBolt - 01-12-2015 09:16 AM

I suspect the first DB that tries to prove the "Tre's soft" hypothesis will find himself giving up a TD shortly there after.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - Paulbintheburg - 01-12-2015 09:19 AM

(01-12-2015 09:16 AM)LeadBolt Wrote:  I suspect the first DB that tries to prove the "Tre's soft" hypothesis will find himself giving up a TD shortly there after.

William & Mary always gets stuck with the "soft" handle, unfair as it is.

If he goes to the Colts, I could think of worse things than being a rookie WR catching balls from Andrew Luck.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - tribeintexas - 01-12-2015 11:24 AM

I haven't seen anything on Mike Reilly yet. Since he is not invited to any bowl game or NFL combine, he will need to put up good numbers at pro day.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - Tribeheart - 01-13-2015 12:40 AM

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24958073/shrine-game-wide-receiver-talent-shines-in-the-rain
NFL scouts have flocked to St. Petersburg, Fla. this week to evaluate some of the top senior talent in the country. And despite the rain, that talent was on display Monday during the first practices of the week for the East and West squads, especially at the wide receiver position.

William & Mary wide receiver Tre McBride is arguably the top offensive talent here this week and he showed why on Monday with his advanced understanding of the position. At 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds with 4.50 speed, he doesn't have imposing size or blazing speed, but he prides himself on the details, selling routes and using his foot quickness in his breaks to create just enough separation. McBride did an excellent job attacking the ball in the air with his quick eyes and hands, also taking reps as a punt returner.

McBride is more smooth than explosive, reminding me a lot of Pierre Garcon when he entered the NFL out of Division-III Mount Union. Scouts wanted to know how McBride would match up against FBS talent this week, but he quickly passed that test as the only way scouts could tell he wasn't from a top program was the “Tribe” helmet.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - TribeNiner - 01-13-2015 10:49 AM

(01-13-2015 12:40 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24958073/shrine-game-wide-receiver-talent-shines-in-the-rain
NFL scouts have flocked to St. Petersburg, Fla. this week to evaluate some of the top senior talent in the country. And despite the rain, that talent was on display Monday during the first practices of the week for the East and West squads, especially at the wide receiver position.

William & Mary wide receiver Tre McBride is arguably the top offensive talent here this week and he showed why on Monday with his advanced understanding of the position. At 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds with 4.50 speed, he doesn't have imposing size or blazing speed, but he prides himself on the details, selling routes and using his foot quickness in his breaks to create just enough separation. McBride did an excellent job attacking the ball in the air with his quick eyes and hands, also taking reps as a punt returner.

McBride is more smooth than explosive, reminding me a lot of Pierre Garcon when he entered the NFL out of Division-III Mount Union. Scouts wanted to know how McBride would match up against FBS talent this week, but he quickly passed that test as the only way scouts could tell he wasn't from a top program was the “Tribe” helmet.

I'll certainly take the good publicity for Tre, but I could've done without that last swipe.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - tribe_pride - 01-13-2015 10:59 AM

CBSsports.com has him as a 5th round prospect at this point.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - WMSportsBlog - 01-13-2015 12:10 PM

Just about everyone here knows most of this, but here's our snippet about Tre McBride and the East West Shrine Game!

http://wmsportsblog.com/2015/01/13/tre-mcbride-nfl-update/

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - Rocco - 01-13-2015 04:10 PM

(01-13-2015 10:49 AM)TribeNiner Wrote:  
(01-13-2015 12:40 AM)Tribeheart Wrote:  http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24958073/shrine-game-wide-receiver-talent-shines-in-the-rain

I'll certainly take the good publicity for Tre, but I could've done without that last swipe.

That isn't really a swipe. W&M isn't Alabama.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - Tribeheart - 01-13-2015 07:13 PM

Jets site: http://www.ganggreennation.com/2015/1/13/7536559/scouting-the-draft-tre-mcbride-wr-william-mary
Different angle on the "soft" comment:
"In a recent article, an area scout was quoted calling McBride "Soft", well at the same time there were numerous reports and videos showing McBride competing and coming down with contested passes against FBS defenders, something doesn't add up and maybe just maybe there is some deception coming in from certain teams and scouts going on record anonymously.."

Also, thinks Tre won't make it out of the 3rd round...

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - tribeintexas - 01-13-2015 11:44 PM

Observation at Shrine Bowl

—William & Mary receiver Tre McBride had some of the most pregame buzz around him (small-school guys tend to), but he was outshined on the first day by Michigan State receiver Keith Mumphery. He's smaller than you'd like for a No. 1, but he runs decent routes and catches the ball away from his frame well. (Though, he had a "completing the process" mishap on a catch that may have been a shoutout to Dez Bryant.)

—McBride spent a good portion of the day practicing punt returns with a few other receivers. He didn't look as comfortable as one might like catching the punts, but he warmed up to the process and was the best of the three once he stopped fighting the ball. He looked to have the best "get off" first step as well.

—McBride also had a fantastic catch on a deep ball thrown by Georgia's Hutson Mason along the sideline.

RE: NFL Draft 2015 - WMTRIBE75 - 01-14-2015 08:56 AM

Anyone who questions Tre's toughness obviously did not see the play this year against Villanova, I think, when I thought that he was knocked unconscientious by a violent hit and about three plays later he was back on the field.