CSNbbs
College of Charleston - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: College of Charleston (/thread-721496.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: College of Charleston - WM_Destro - 02-05-2015 09:41 PM

Omar was the only one who showed up tonight.

Embarrassing loss, but I agree, time to take UNC-W to the woodshed on Saturday. No offense, Mr. Goldsberry...

RE: College of Charleston - WMtribe17 - 02-05-2015 09:44 PM

(02-05-2015 09:41 PM)WM_Destro Wrote:  Omar was the only one who showed up tonight.

Yep. And that was the exact same thing that happened in the 2nd half of the Delaware game.

Although, I though that Schalk played well also. Unfortunately he fouled out like midway through the 2nd half

RE: College of Charleston - Tribester - 02-05-2015 09:46 PM

This team is ranked 153 in Division I for scoring defense...which by definition is mediocre at best. Scoring offense is ranked 36...which is great. This team lives and dies by the three.

RE: College of Charleston - zablenoise - 02-05-2015 09:50 PM

Well I grabbed a beer and I'm not gonna stop drinking until tipoff at Trask

RE: College of Charleston - BurgTribeFan - 02-05-2015 09:50 PM

we lost by 30 last year at Charleston, 8 this year.... drives our avg loss in points to 19.... so there's that....

RE: College of Charleston - soccerguy315 - 02-05-2015 09:51 PM

The only good news is still that none of these games ultimately matter at all

RE: College of Charleston - WMInTheBurg - 02-05-2015 09:51 PM

(02-05-2015 09:34 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 09:28 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 09:23 PM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  Looks like the toughest game for W&M to win in the CAA tourney might be the first game if they (likely) play against either Towson, Charleston, Elon, or Delaware... 3 of these teams are downright terrible and 1 is subpar (Delaware). Sadly, they have accounted for all 3 Tribe conference losses

This is not different than last year at all, aside from us getting some quality conference wins on the road this year. Can we all step away from the ledge? We're 8-3 in conference and still have the #1 spot.

Not sure I understand your argument that this isn't different than last year? Last year W&M only lost 1 conference game to a bad team (Hofstra) and lost both the home & away to the only 2 good teams in the conference (Towson & Hofstra). This year (so far), W&M has beaten the good teams and lost to 3 very bad teams. For the talent this team has compared to the rest of the CAA, that shouldn't be happening. 1 I can live with, but 3 is absolutely inexcusable.

We only lost two home games in conference last year, to the top teams in the CAA. We haven't lost any home games in conference this year. The opponent doesn't seem to matter on the road. We're a better home team than road team, but past performance in the CAA tournament suggests that neutral sites don't bother us.

RE: College of Charleston - Tribal - 02-05-2015 09:52 PM

Just saw the score. That sucks.

RE: College of Charleston - WMtribe17 - 02-05-2015 09:53 PM

(02-05-2015 09:50 PM)zablenoise Wrote:  Well I grabbed a beer and I'm not gonna stop drinking until tipoff at Trask

And if they lose that game, you are not allowed to stop drinking until W&M wins again 03-lol

RE: College of Charleston - Tribester - 02-05-2015 09:58 PM

This game is exhibit A for why we are all neurotically pessimistic when it comes to the Tribe. We've been losing games like this for 322 years, why stop now :)

RE: College of Charleston - WMInTheBurg - 02-05-2015 10:10 PM

(02-05-2015 09:58 PM)Tribester Wrote:  This game is exhibit A for why we are all neurotically pessimistic when it comes to the Tribe. We've been losing games like this for 322 years, why stop now :)

There have been fewer than 10 teams in the last 30 years that could lose a game like this. Most of the time we went in expecting to lose games like this by 20. We get the best team we've had in forever and all of a sudden we should be undefeated and never have an off night.

RE: College of Charleston - Rocco - 02-05-2015 10:14 PM

(02-05-2015 09:51 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  We only lost two home games in conference last year, to the top teams in the CAA. We haven't lost any home games in conference this year. The opponent doesn't seem to matter on the road. We're a better home team than road team, but past performance in the CAA tournament suggests that neutral sites don't bother us.

W&M's 9-11 in the CAA tourney under Shaver. While that's better than their record overall under Shaver it's not leaps and bounds better. Let's not act like they're some sort of tournament dynamo.

RE: College of Charleston - WMTRIBE75 - 02-05-2015 10:24 PM

(02-05-2015 10:10 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 09:58 PM)Tribester Wrote:  This game is exhibit A for why we are all neurotically pessimistic when it comes to the Tribe. We've been losing games like this for 322 years, why stop now :)

There have been fewer than 10 teams in the last 30 years that could lose a game like this. Most of the time we went in expecting to lose games like this by 20. We get the best team we've had in forever and all of a sudden we should be undefeated and never have an off night.

No one will remember what happened tonight when we take the floor on March 7. The same could be said if we had won tonight.And while I am sure that the team would love to win the regular season league championship, I believe that the only champion that the league recognizes is the team that cuts down the nets in Baltimore on March 9. I would rather see us have our hiccups now than in Baltimore. If last year's team could overcome a 35 point loss to Charleston and still make it to Monday night, I think that this team can also.

I truly hope that our players never read these boards.

Re: RE: College of Charleston - Tribal - 02-05-2015 10:25 PM

(02-05-2015 10:24 PM)WMTRIBE75 Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 10:10 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  

No one will remember what happened tonight when we take the floor on March 7. The same could be said if we had won tonight.And while I am sure that the team would love to win the regular season league championship, I believe that the only champion that the league recognizes is the team that cuts down the nets in Baltimore on March 9. I would rather see us have our hiccups now than in Baltimore. If last year's team could overcome a 35 point loss to Charleston and still make it to Monday night, I think that this team can also.

I truly hope that our players never read these boards.

Amen, brother!

RE: College of Charleston - zablenoise - 02-05-2015 10:48 PM

RE: College of Charleston - WMInTheBurg - 02-05-2015 11:01 PM

(02-05-2015 10:14 PM)Rocco Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 09:51 PM)TribeInTheBurg Wrote:  We only lost two home games in conference last year, to the top teams in the CAA. We haven't lost any home games in conference this year. The opponent doesn't seem to matter on the road. We're a better home team than road team, but past performance in the CAA tournament suggests that neutral sites don't bother us.

W&M's 9-11 in the CAA tourney under Shaver. While that's better than their record overall under Shaver it's not leaps and bounds better. Let's not act like they're some sort of tournament dynamo.

My point was more that we're better at neutral sites than at road games, although still likely worse than we are at home.

RE: College of Charleston - BigTribe - 02-06-2015 07:44 AM

We have somehow managed to lose to the three worst teams in the CAA. That seems unimaginable.

I know everyone says that winning on the road is tough..but not win one of three?

Sometimes being a dedicated W&M fan can be very discouraging.

RE: College of Charleston - TribePride91 - 02-06-2015 08:14 AM

When we lose to Elon, the program is falling apart and we become like Cubs fans saying we are cursed. Then, we win some home games or blow out a weak JMU team, and we are making reservations for the final 4. All year this has been about Baltimore. Let's just hope the team relies on each other and doesn't allow for the big mood swings like we all have. As several have said, defense and rebounding are our critical points. When we do that, everything else feeds off of it. 7 games left, 3 big ones on the road. We are 3-3 in the league on the road and only had 1 win OOC on the road. The same play we had at JMU, at Drexel, and at Towson needs to show up in Baltimore. Last night was an off night. Marcus was not as good as usual and neither was Dixon. How often has that happened? Not often.

The big unknown question is what happens in a close game? We have not had any real success in close games this season. However, we know the Tribe is capable. The next 4 games are against the 2 co-leaders on the road and 2 teams that already beat us at home. Saturday should be a lot more fun than last night, win or lose. 2-1 would still be a good road trip.

FYI, I am a lifelong Red Sox fan, so I recognize the mentality of expecting to lose and the fans increase the pressure. Just because the Tribe hasn't won the tournament before, doesn't mean they can't this year. This year stands on its own. None of them were born in 1983, or during the Swenson years, and none were on the team in 2008 or 2010. Last year provided the extra sweetness if they do it this year. I would love to see it for MT, Terry, Daniel, Omar, Coach Shaver and all the guys who came so close last year. We all know they can do it. There is not a team in this league they cannot beat.

RE: College of Charleston - Tribal - 02-06-2015 08:40 AM

This all goes away if we beat UNCW, as we should. It's not like losing to CoC sent us to the bottom of the CAA in one fell swoop. The chicken little mentality is useless so bury the game and keep fighting for the prize.

RE: College of Charleston - Paulbintheburg - 02-06-2015 08:43 AM

(02-06-2015 08:40 AM)Tribal Wrote:  This all goes away if we beat UNCW, as we should. It's not like losing to CoC sent us to the bottom of the CAA in one fell swoop. The chicken little mentality is useless so bury the game and keep fighting for the prize.

What he said.

If this fanbase was in charge of taking Omaha Beach, the result would be that almost all of Europe would recognize Hitler's birthday as a national holiday.