CSNbbs
William and Mary All-CAA selections - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: William and Mary All-CAA selections (/thread-714956.html)

William and Mary All-CAA selections - WMSportsBlog - 11-25-2014 01:56 PM

Today the CAA released it's all conference selections, here is the full list with stats included, if you haven't seen it already.

http://wmsportsblog.com/2014/11/25/william-mary-all-caa-selections/

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - zablenoise - 11-25-2014 02:58 PM

I'm a little confused how Reilly won the DPOY. Cherry, Delaire, and Ricard are all Buchanan finalists

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - LeadBolt - 11-25-2014 03:05 PM

Congratulations! You guys rock!

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - Hail Indians - 11-25-2014 04:03 PM

Congratulations!

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - NC Tribe - 11-28-2014 11:47 AM

With the Special Teams and Defensive Players of the year and a bunch of other first team al conference selections, not making the playoffs once again is kind of a disappointing season.

I think I liked it better when the Tribe used to always have an all-conference quarterback. Boy that sure seems like ancient history now.

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - Tribe Fan - 11-28-2014 05:16 PM

With the semi mediocre record the team has posted the past two years someone needs to take a long look into the mirror and do some honest selfevaluation and take some actions. There are some alums especially will just be happy with back to back 7-5 seasons but they could/should have been better. The Tribe did not beat a team we really needed to this year like UNH, VU, JMU or UR .The games we won were one we should have. Beat one, just one of the four aforementioned and W&M is playing someone, somewhere.
April and the spring game will be here soon enough and we all will be excited about this freshman who was redshirted , who will be on the starting lines, or why Cluely should not be starting and so forth .

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - TribeNomad - 11-28-2014 06:14 PM

I think too many are ok with another 7-5 year. As TF notes, we did not beat any of the above teams, and this has been going on for some time. If you want to get depressed, check out our win/loss over the past five years against VU, JMU and UR. Until that can be improved, we will not see the playoffs. UR may be off next year, but expect JMU and VU to be strong again, so our work will be cut out.

To me, it has to start with the defense, as they played much softer this year. Lots of multi year starters leave, so there will be new starters. New coaches this year, or coaches who took on new roles will have a restart, and hopefully, the defense can be improved.

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - Tribal - 11-28-2014 07:48 PM

An entire class has come and gone since we were real contenders for anything special and we all know why. Cluley has a solid season behind him and I think he'll only improve. Our o-line was young and battered all season and will certainly improve, too. We still have MAS and Anderson but will need a couple guys to step up at WR & TE. Honestly, I think our offense will catch our defense by Sept.

It should be noted that a few coaches got their feet wet this season...let's hope they dig deep, too.

William and Mary All-CAA selections - SoCal Frank - 11-28-2014 09:40 PM

With all this talent; the TEAM underperformed. That's the long and short if it.

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - 62Indian - 11-28-2014 10:30 PM

If the Tribe gets beat by Richmond one more time we should just stop playing them any more and step down to DIV II football. I don't care about UNH, but I'm tired of losing to UR, JMU, and ODU.

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - Tribal - 11-29-2014 07:34 AM

We beat JMU last year and ODU is gone. We're just giving UR a chance to even the series.

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - TribeNomad - 11-29-2014 08:44 AM

We did beat JMU last year, but our record against them is not good of late. I am feeling a bit grumpy today as JMU and UR are playing home playoff games......

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - Tribe Fan - 11-29-2014 08:58 AM

(11-29-2014 08:44 AM)TribeNomad Wrote:  We did beat JMU last year, but our record against them is not good of late. I am feeling a bit grumpy today as JMU and UR are playing home playoff games......

Agree 100 %

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - Tribal - 11-29-2014 07:04 PM

JMU scored 21 pts in the 2Q to go up by 11 at the half but have not scored since and are down by 5 with 2 mins remaining.

UR handled Morgan State as we would have.

RE: William and Mary All-CAA selections - Rocco - 11-30-2014 09:52 AM

JMU lost? Such a shame for the CAA. Or something.

William and Mary All-CAA selections - hktribefan - 11-30-2014 01:20 PM

From a broad conference perspective JMU was the preferable choice to lose instead of Richmond as they would have faced Villanova next week. I think all three CAA teams win next week, with each passing week Strauss gains health and confidence.