CSNbbs
Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview (/thread-712014.html)

Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - WMSportsBlog - 11-10-2014 09:21 PM

WHO'S READY FOR SOME TRIBE BASKETBALL?! Get ready to pack Kaplan. Here's our preview article for the season.

Let's get this party started: How is everyone feeling about this year? Some tough, early OOC match ups in Florida and UNC. The home opener against Howard should be exciting.

Basketball Preview Article: http://wmsportsblog.com/2014/11/11/2014-wm-basketball-season-preview/

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - TribePride91 - 11-10-2014 10:04 PM

(11-10-2014 09:21 PM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  WHO'S READY FOR SOME TRIBE BASKETBALL?! Get ready to pack Kaplan. Here's our preview article for the season.

Let's get this party started: How is everyone feeling about this year? Some tough, early OOC match ups in Florida and UNC. The home opener against Howard should be exciting.

Basketball Preview Article: http://wmsportsblog.com/2014/11/11/2014-wm-basketball-season-preview/

Are Schlottman and Whitman hurt or off the team since they were not mentioned at all in the preview?

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - WM Beancounter - 11-11-2014 03:44 AM

Schlotman? Whitman? Who are these other new faces, Glover and Johnson? Weak write-up.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - BigTribe - 11-11-2014 06:22 AM

Not a good article at all. Written by someone who really had no knowledge of this squad? No mention of key players Scholtman, Tot and Whitman.

A huge part of the team's ultimate success lies with these guys...suggest you scrap this review and rewrite immediately.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - 62Indian - 11-11-2014 09:55 AM

(11-11-2014 06:22 AM)BigTribe Wrote:  Not a good article at all. Written by someone who really had no knowledge of this squad? No mention of key players Scholtman, Tot and Whitman.

A huge part of the team's ultimate success lies with these guys...suggest you scrap this review and rewrite immediately.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am in complete agreement with BT - finally, and for a change!

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - Rocco - 11-11-2014 10:23 AM

Based on Fairbank's article it doesn't sound like Whitman's going to be much help at least at the start of the year.

http://www.dailypress.com/sports/william-and-mary/dp-spt-col-hoops-cap-wm-caa-20141108-story.html

"A shoulder injury to 6-9 redshirt freshman Jack Whitman hasn't responded, which will leave the Tribe smaller than it prefers when Sheldon needs a blow."

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - WMSportsBlog - 11-11-2014 10:47 AM

Thanks for the feedback. This is NOT an in-depth review of the basketball team, it's a short preview article. Nonetheless, thanks for the feedback and support. Also, no one answered how they think we're going to do this year? No thoughts?

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - Tribe4SF - 11-11-2014 11:03 AM

I'll bite...we will do well!

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - Tribe4SF - 11-11-2014 11:07 AM

Don't get the complaining. Article looks fine to me. Good job!

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - TribePride91 - 11-11-2014 04:24 PM

It appears from Mr. Fairbanks article that Whitman has not responded from an injury and perhaps Schlotman is out for the year?

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - TribePride91 - 11-11-2014 04:31 PM

(11-11-2014 10:47 AM)WMSportsBlog Wrote:  Thanks for the feedback. This is NOT an in-depth review of the basketball team, it's a short preview article. Nonetheless, thanks for the feedback and support. Also, no one answered how they think we're going to do this year? No thoughts?

My guess is we will be not quite as strong as last year, at least initially. The lack of size inside worries me. Perhaps Omar or Tom Schalk will be able to help Sheldon with rebounding and defending. We don't want Prewitt to be stuck down low too much, though. He is a special talent on the wing. The preseason injuries have me a little worried. However, the starting five looks pretty good. I am hoping for something close to 2009-2010 when we played very well early at UConn and won some big nonconference games. I would think we will be very competitive within our league, but would love to see the conference overall have a better rating to give a chance for multiple bids. Otherwise, it all comes down to the 4 days in March. My earlier post was just wondering about Schlotman and Whitman, but it appears both are out for the season.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - Tribeheart - 11-11-2014 07:09 PM

Not sure where your comments are coming from regarding Mike Schlotman being out, much less for the season? Fairbanks only made reference to Schlotman being out his freshman year (last year.)

Would fully expect Mike to be playing major minutes Friday night.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - tribelifer - 11-11-2014 11:03 PM

Agreed.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - 3xTribe - 11-13-2014 12:52 PM

I hope that in the future, posters here will take into consideration that WMSportsBlog is run by two of the current W&M students that we so often chide for lack of interest. They are young guys who are giving blogging a shot, and deserve a positive response, even if there are occasional soft spots in their posts. A more helpful reply might be something like "You might add that Schlotman looks like he will be a big contributor, too. It's a real shame that Whitman has been so limited to this point." Let's shoot for encouragement over criticism.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - wml33t - 11-13-2014 12:56 PM

(11-13-2014 12:52 PM)3xTribe Wrote:  I hope that in the future, posters here will take into consideration that WMSportsBlog is run by two of the current W&M students that we so often chide for lack of interest. They are young guys who are giving blogging a shot, and deserve a positive response, even if there are occasional soft spots in their posts. A more helpful reply might be something like "You might add that Schlotman looks like he will be a big contributor, too. It's a real shame that Whitman has been so limited to this point." Let's shoot for encouragement over criticism.

I really wish I had enough posts to give rep points.

Great post.

Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - WM_Destro - 11-13-2014 01:06 PM

Absolute fantastic post. I feel the same way and was embarrassed by a few of the early comments made about the preview.

Carry on WMSportsBlog. I share your enthusiasm and enjoy your write ups.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - Hail Indians - 11-13-2014 01:07 PM

Seriously. What the hell is wrong with you guys. Big Tribe - half the crap you write is dumb as hell.

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - nogretheogre - 11-13-2014 01:51 PM

(11-13-2014 12:52 PM)3xTribe Wrote:  I hope that in the future, posters here will take into consideration that WMSportsBlog is run by two of the current W&M students that we so often chide for lack of interest. They are young guys who are giving blogging a shot, and deserve a positive response, even if there are occasional soft spots in their posts. A more helpful reply might be something like "You might add that Schlotman looks like he will be a big contributor, too. It's a real shame that Whitman has been so limited to this point." Let's shoot for encouragement over criticism.

Absolutely. Give these guys props for promoting WM athletics on their free time. Furthermore, Private messages to them for any errors to be corrected might suffice. Remember that they are doing this as a hobby for free and will always be homers for us...

RE: Tribe BASKETBALL Preview - WMSportsBlog - 11-13-2014 04:37 PM

(11-13-2014 01:51 PM)nogretheogre Wrote:  

Absolutely. Give these guys props for promoting WM athletics on their free time. Furthermore, Private messages to them for any errors to be corrected might suffice. Remember that they are doing this as a hobby for free and will always be homers for us...

Thanks for the support everyone, we really appreciate it. We added a few pieces to the basketball article based on the feedback we got, and are always open to suggestions!

Kyle and I (Davey) are definitely Tribe homers. While it can be insane between the TWO of us to find time to research and write WMSB articles amidst all our pursuits on campus (hence the occasional soft spots in our writing), we really do love contributing to the W&M community with our blog. Roll Tribe!