CSNbbs
SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 (/thread-706749.html)

SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - GaSouthern - 10-06-2014 06:13 AM

Missouri St (3-2)
Lost to Youngstown St 14-7
Average Attendance:12,218

EKU (5-0)
Defeated Austin Peay 31-0
Attendance: away

JMU (3-3)
Defeated Albany 31-28
Attendance: away

Liberty (3-3)
Lost to richmond 46-39 2OT
Attendance:20,838

EKU looking great so far this season!

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - Bigtom12 - 10-06-2014 06:46 AM

We need to take EKU. EKU and WKU has always been bitter rivals. They are like TXST and UTSA or App St. and GoSo. I personally think that WKU is scared of EKU moving to FBS. Good at basketball, and it would add a state we currently lost

We get our 12th member. Then we can cherry pick our next member to replace Idaho

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - runamuck - 10-06-2014 07:03 AM

(10-06-2014 06:46 AM)Bigtom12 Wrote:  We need to take EKU. EKU and WKU has always been bitter rivals. They are like TXST and UTSA or App St. and GoSo. I personally think that WKU is scared of EKU moving to FBS. Good at basketball, and it would add a state we currently lost

We get our 12th member. Then we can cherry pick our next member to replace Idaho

they are actually several rungs below each of the schools you mentioned..

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - Bigtom12 - 10-06-2014 07:03 AM

EKU has been to the big dance 8 times, made it to the second round in 2014. Won there conference championship 6 times. Won the regular season conference 6 times. I think it would give us a boost in basketball, then we add NMSU all conference we just added two very successful basketball programs to the Sunbelt.

Then add a Missouri State. This conference would be good in football, basketball, and baseball.

East

EKU
App State
GaSo
USA
Troy
GSU

West

UL
ULM
TxSt
Idaho (MSU)
ASU
NMSU

Perfect conference!

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - GaSouthern - 10-06-2014 07:52 AM

I'm starting to agree with the MSU & EKU ideal to get all three big sports up to par. I want MSU all sports and, no offense, get rid of Idaho purely based on geography.

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - chiefsfan - 10-06-2014 08:55 AM

Disappointing Week for Missouri State. Only 12K fans after spending 2 weeks as a ranked team in FCS and with a real advertising push. Still work to do in Springfield.

SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - bamaEagle - 10-06-2014 09:00 AM

If EKU keeps it up we should get them while they have momentum.

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - EKUSteve - 10-06-2014 10:19 AM

Hoping we have good attendance this week hosting Eastern Illinois. I think it is fall break so not sure what will happen.

BOR is supposed approve the first $150K at the 20 Oct meeting to get the design of the new stadium side completed.

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - bobcat09 - 10-06-2014 11:02 AM

I got a feeling here in a couple years we are gonna have another conference shake up like we did a few years back and new conferences will be formed.

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - GaSouthern - 10-09-2014 06:21 AM

EKU seems to have a buzz this season around their program. I'm not feeling so bad about JMU being out of the running anymore. Once EKU gets their stadium updated they will be a steal.

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - cleburneslim - 10-09-2014 09:35 AM

http://www.ekusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

eku hasnt played anyone worth a sh t.
Its easy to be undefeated with what theyve played so far.
They still have to play Jax st. Tenn. St. Semo, and Murray St.
I believe the shine may begin to wear off shortly.
average attendance for 2013 is 8600
finished last year 6-6.

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - ARSTATEFAN1986 - 10-09-2014 10:04 AM

(10-06-2014 07:03 AM)Bigtom12 Wrote:  EKU has been to the big dance 8 times, made it to the second round in 2014. Won there conference championship 6 times. Won the regular season conference 6 times. I think it would give us a boost in basketball, then we add NMSU all conference we just added two very successful basketball programs to the Sunbelt.

Then add a Missouri State. This conference would be good in football, basketball, and baseball.

East

EKU
App State
GaSo
USA
Troy
GSU

West

UL
ULM
TxSt
Idaho (MSU)
ASU
NMSU

Perfect conference!

Add UMASS as football only

East

EKU
App State
GaSo
USA
Troy
GSU
UMASS (football only)

West

UL
ULM
TxSt
Missouri State
ASU
NMSU
Idaho (football only)

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - EKUSteve - 10-09-2014 10:15 AM

(10-09-2014 09:35 AM)cleburneslim Wrote:  http://www.ekusports.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

eku hasnt played anyone worth a sh t.
Its easy to be undefeated with what theyve played so far.
They still have to play Jax st. Tenn. St. Semo, and Murray St.
I believe the shine may begin to wear off shortly.
average attendance for 2013 is 8600
finished last year 6-6.

We'll see slim. EKU starts with EIU this week, who has a bad record but has lost to two top 15 FCS schools a B1G school and a MAC school. Still have to play all the contenders, just like JSU does. Miami (OH) may not be great but they still are an FBS team. EKU plays the equivalent of the JSU/Michigan St game the last game of the season when they play Florida.

Still have a lot to do.

RE: SBC Prospect Schools - Week 6 - cleburneslim - 10-09-2014 02:05 PM

First of all miami oh would be beat by alot of fcs school. They arent as good as the ga st. We beat last year.
Secondly ive watched fla this year and they are not the equivalent of mich st.

But yeah we all have a long row to hoe. Just trying to point out so far its been an easy schedule and time is needed to see how it all pans out. The Ovc this year has alot of tough teams.