CSNbbs
Attendance Week 4 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Attendance Week 4 (/thread-704443.html)

Attendance Week 4 - chiefsfan - 09-21-2014 01:05 AM

Two Good Showings and then whatever happened to USA today.

Arkansas State 29,029
New Mexico State 24,651
South Alabama 11,438

I am sure WKU fans will want the exact count of the number of freebies we gave away since about 1500 students and teachers from local high schools were part of the crowd.

Attendance Week 4 - GaSouthern - 09-21-2014 09:35 AM

That NMSU game hurt, I was rooting for them... Nice attendance at least!

RE: Attendance Week 4 - TheEagleWay - 09-21-2014 09:55 AM

Was really surprised at the USA attendance. Mix of last week and the Bama game possibly?

Attendance Week 4 - Journeyman22 - 09-21-2014 10:32 AM

(09-21-2014 09:55 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Was really surprised at the USA attendance. Mix of last week and the Bama game possibly?

Mobile is an event town. Last week's MS State game was the talk of the town for weeks. Every group went to that game, all marketing efforts went into that game, and casual fans set a new attendance record.

We knew there would be a letdown today, with the quick turnaround from MS State to GaSo, but it's still baffling. Good tailgating atmosphere, decent student turnout, great weather, no Bama or Auburn competition. All of that indicates great attendance... usually. I guess every single-game ticket buyer in the region went to the 'event' game. They'll be back, just not a week later.

RE: Attendance Week 4 - arkstfan - 09-21-2014 12:54 PM

(09-21-2014 10:32 AM)Journeyman22 Wrote:  
(09-21-2014 09:55 AM)TheEagleWay Wrote:  Was really surprised at the USA attendance. Mix of last week and the Bama game possibly?

Mobile is an event town. Last week's MS State game was the talk of the town for weeks. Every group went to that game, all marketing efforts went into that game, and casual fans set a new attendance record.

We knew there would be a letdown today, with the quick turnaround from MS State to GaSo, but it's still baffling. Good tailgating atmosphere, decent student turnout, great weather, no Bama or Auburn competition. All of that indicates great attendance... usually. I guess every single-game ticket buyer in the region went to the 'event' game. They'll be back, just not a week later.

Event games aren't the be all, end all. It's like a grand opening sale at a store. You bring in some lookie-loos and hope some like it and become regular customers.

There just isn't an overnight answer to building attendance. AState spent six years focusing on building a tailgate culture, we'd get a decent crowd or two each year, sell a few more season tickets but a lot of people were satisfied seeing their one or two games a year. Winning sitting atop that foundation built our attendance.

I don't buy into quick fix answers like just win (half of everyone who plays each week loses) or play a big name (big name games draw because they are something different, if they are routine you lose the impact).

Like building a team. The fundamentals come first.

RE: Attendance Week 4 - CajunFanatico - 09-21-2014 01:39 PM

(09-21-2014 01:05 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Two Good Showings and then whatever happened to USA today.

Arkansas State 29,029
New Mexico State 24,651
South Alabama 11,438

I am sure WKU fans will want the exact count of the number of freebies we gave away since about 1500 students and teachers from local high schools were part of the crowd.

Then I DEMAND that you reduce your attendance total by 1500 to cover those freebies.

Signed

WKUAttendanceNaziUYGorwhateverhisinitialsare