CSNbbs
Who in the Sun Belt can sneak in to claim first CFP mid-major bowl bid? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Who in the Sun Belt can sneak in to claim first CFP mid-major bowl bid? (/thread-698128.html)

Who in the Sun Belt can sneak in to claim first CFP mid-major bowl bid? - Bigalke - 08-11-2014 06:48 PM

Hey now everyone, I've been working on research toward a book on BCS Busters for quite some time. In the new system, the Sun Belt is lumped in with the MAC, AAC, MWC, and C-USA as part of the "Little Five" fighting for one bid into the CFP-affiliated bowl structure. Most would argue that the MWC and AAC have the upper hand on that bid, especially since nobody from the Sun Belt has ever challenged for a BCS berth.

Does the league that has been poached by other mid-majors in recent years and is welcoming yet more recent recruits from the FCS ranks have any contenders in the mix this year? Where do teams like Louisiana-Lafayette and South Alabama stack up against other challengers for the CFP berth? Here are my thoughts on this year's contenders if anyone is interested...

RE: Who in the Sun Belt can sneak in to claim first CFP mid-major bowl bid? - chiefsfan - 08-11-2014 08:36 PM

Arkansas State behind South Alabama?

By the way...3 returning offensive starters. and I'm not sure you can call Blake Anderson a native son. He was born here and lived here for about 6 months.

RE: Who in the Sun Belt can sneak in to claim first CFP mid-major bowl bid? - MobileBama - 08-11-2014 08:42 PM

Nice work. Thanks for sharing and I appreciate the kind words for South Alabama!

RE: Who in the Sun Belt can sneak in to claim first CFP mid-major bowl bid? - WinstonTheWolf - 08-12-2014 10:48 AM

(08-11-2014 08:36 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Arkansas State behind South Alabama?

By the way...3 returning offensive starters. and I'm not sure you can call Blake Anderson a native son. He was born here and lived here for about 6 months.

Gordon, McKissic, Griswold is 3. Didn't Colton Jackson start most of 2013?

RE: Who in the Sun Belt can sneak in to claim first CFP mid-major bowl bid? - dtd_vandal - 08-12-2014 11:16 AM

I would actually put my money on the access bowl spot going to a team from the CUSA or MAC before I would the MWC this year.