CSNbbs
USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule (/thread-696341.html)

USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - Tiguar - 07-27-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:"It's an amazing home schedule,'' Erdmann said. "People point to Mississippi State, Navy and Troy, but we also need to appropriately recognize Georgia State, which is an up-and-coming program; Georgia Southern, which has unbelievable football history; and then Texas State which is a program that has been playing football for a long time and has won national championships at different levels. At recent Sun Belt meetings there were several ADs that commented about our schedule.''

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/mississippi_state_game_aiding.html#incart_river

Just thought it was cool of a 'Belt AD to give props to hosting conference mates instead of talking about how bad we want to get out.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - GoApps70 - 07-27-2014 02:02 PM

Hope South Alabama, Troy, Georgia Southern and App State always
maintain their enthusiasm for the Sun Belt pretty much 100%.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - JoeJag - 07-27-2014 02:12 PM

(07-27-2014 01:22 PM)Tiguar Wrote:  
Quote:"It's an amazing home schedule,'' Erdmann said. "People point to Mississippi State, Navy and Troy, but we also need to appropriately recognize Georgia State, which is an up-and-coming program; Georgia Southern, which has unbelievable football history; and then Texas State which is a program that has been playing football for a long time and has won national championships at different levels. At recent Sun Belt meetings there were several ADs that commented about our schedule.''

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/mississippi_state_game_aiding.html#incart_river

Just thought it was cool of a 'Belt AD to give props to hosting conference mates instead of talking about how bad we want to get out.

Good post, Tig. The SBC has made some improvements with the addition of App. State, Georgia Southern & NMSU. Hoping JMU and Missouri State will come in soon. No offense Idaho, but the Vandals are way out of the "footprint". Just saying.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - GoApps70 - 07-27-2014 02:43 PM

Seems as if there is more an attitude to keep things as they are than to add teams.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - Beltfan - 07-28-2014 11:32 AM

INYOM maybe, but not in others' opinions.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - slycat - 07-28-2014 12:34 PM

Great attitude. I hope we keep growing the brand.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - chiefsfan - 07-28-2014 01:00 PM

(07-27-2014 02:43 PM)GoApps70 Wrote:  Seems as if there is more an attitude to keep things as they are than to add teams.

As of right now, that is the plan. If the right team comes around...sure. Otherwise, we're content at 11.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - Georgia_Power_Company - 07-28-2014 01:09 PM

Class Act all the way!!!

04-cheers

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - CatMom - 07-28-2014 04:46 PM

Hmmmm, seems he left one home game off that list.......... 05-nono

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - Tiguar - 07-28-2014 06:15 PM

(07-28-2014 04:46 PM)CatMom Wrote:  Hmmmm, seems he left one home game off that list.......... 05-nono

I think he just wanted to match 3 for 3 but I can't see into his mind.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - HCJag - 07-28-2014 07:01 PM

Who did he leave out?

USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - chargeradio - 07-28-2014 08:30 PM

(07-28-2014 07:01 PM)HCJag Wrote:  Who did he leave out?
Troy. (Sad to see this game is on Friday, but ESPNU will be showing it.)

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - HCJag - 07-28-2014 08:39 PM

He mentioned Troy along with MSU and Navy...as if they'd be one of the biggest draws. And they will be.

RE: USA AD recognizes conference mates for adding value to home schedule - CatMom - 07-28-2014 10:42 PM

I read this on my cell phone, at work (a BIG no, no). My phone is small and totally crap so missed part of the article.