CSNbbs
Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back (/thread-695817.html)

Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - panama - 07-22-2014 02:22 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/jon-solomon/24631298/not-in-the-game-college-football-players-want-ncaa-video-game-back

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - HeartOfDixie - 07-22-2014 02:38 PM

RIP NCAA Football

The single best game ever on consoles.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - Bobcat2013 - 07-22-2014 02:46 PM

(07-22-2014 02:38 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  The single best game ever on consoles.

I disagree but nonetheless it will be missed.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - RamblinRedWolf44 - 07-22-2014 02:52 PM

only reason why i still keep my Xbox360 so I can play my NCAA Football 2014

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - TheRevSWT - 07-22-2014 02:55 PM

Of course they want the game back... They want to pull 5k/year for being in the game.

That's a lot of moolah per year to shell out for EA sports.

I miss the game, but no way would I pay $100+ to play the game.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - panama - 07-22-2014 03:01 PM

They can make the game without the player likenesses. The issue was EA making money off of say having a player that looked exactly like Manziel wearing #2 playing for Texas A&M.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - FAUAEPi - 07-22-2014 03:01 PM

I just want the new stadiums and major stadium renovations. I don't care much about updated rosters or having the newest uniforms.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - Ole Sleepy - 07-22-2014 03:07 PM

I just want to be in the game again...have the actual Paulson Stadium in the game, and not just some generic stadium.

I still play NCAA 14 and Madden 25 just so I can move my beastly GS dual threat QB's to the Falcons.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - HeartOfDixie - 07-22-2014 03:10 PM

Can't you still get the HBCU version with teams like Alcorn, Southern, Alabama State etc?

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - TrueBlueAlum - 07-22-2014 03:13 PM

I haven't taken the time to read most of the in-depth articles about the whole thing, but can't they use generic players and rough statistics for these games on the store ready versions?

Most people are going to go in and create players and change rosters and update stuff anyway. I wouldn't think EA would have to dish out cash for that since it's user created.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - TheRevSWT - 07-22-2014 03:19 PM

(07-22-2014 03:01 PM)panama Wrote:  They can make the game without the player likenesses. The issue was EA making money off of say having a player that looked exactly like Manziel wearing #2 playing for Texas A&M.

The whole point of the game is to be "as close to being in the game as possible." and it loses that tagline without the player likenesses.

Besides, it's not just EA making money off of them. It is the NCAA. The agreement the NCAA has with EA is basically BECAUSE of the players, and they will want a piece of that.

They have a laundry list of other games that make a bunch of money without any headache. I can understand why they dropped it (and why the NCAA didn't renew it's license with them).

Doesn't mean I like it.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - RamblinRedWolf44 - 07-22-2014 03:19 PM

(07-22-2014 03:10 PM)HeartOfDixie Wrote:  Can't you still get the HBCU version with teams like Alcorn, Southern, Alabama State etc?

No they changed them to be "FCS North/south/west/east/etc" starting in like...09 i think? Maybe 10?

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - ark30inf - 07-22-2014 03:22 PM

Lawsuits, once again, kill something good and fun in America. Imagine that.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - GaSouthern - 07-22-2014 03:27 PM

The only reason I will buy the next gen console is if this game returns.

Re: RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - ark30inf - 07-22-2014 03:31 PM

(07-22-2014 03:27 PM)GaSouthern Wrote:  The only reason I will buy the next gen console is if this game returns.
Same here. I played only one game.

RE: Not in the game: College football players want NCAA video game back - HeartOfDixie - 07-22-2014 03:35 PM

I doubt it comes back.

My XBOX one is a wonderful paperweight.