CSNbbs
Fall Practice - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Fall Practice (/thread-694948.html)

Fall Practice - DoubleAggie - 07-14-2014 08:44 AM

Coming up soon - when is yours?
Is it open? Do you go?

I used to drop by every day after work to watch progress,
but recently, there have been rumblings about closed practices.

I gather a lot of schools have closed practices now.

It's kind of a double edged sword - develop extra secret plan X
versus public exposure and excitement.

RE: Fall Practice - moehler - 07-14-2014 09:26 AM

I believe Apps is closed except for the media, though I don't believe the security if very tight, I have heard fans just walking in, and watching practice from the top of the stadium.

RE: Fall Practice - sixtoes9134 - 07-14-2014 10:07 AM

(07-14-2014 09:26 AM)moehler Wrote:  I believe Apps is closed except for the media, though I don't believe the security if very tight, I have heard fans just walking in, and watching practice from the top of the stadium.

I thrive on the daily video updates and do what I can to get to the Fanfest event.

RE: Fall Practice - moehler - 07-14-2014 11:03 AM

yep, I agree, they do a great job with the fall camp video updates, wish someday I could make it fanfest, little difficult living in South Florida, I hear everyone has a great time.

RE: Fall Practice - chiefsfan - 07-14-2014 11:34 AM

Our practices are all open this year from what we understand. Been a mixed bag the last few years. Freeze kept all practices open, Malzahn closed most of them, Harsin was a mixture of both. Would close practice when he needed to get something he deemed important installed. Anderson seems to be in the Freeze mold. He wants fans to come watch.

RE: Fall Practice - CajunFanatico - 07-14-2014 11:44 AM

(07-14-2014 11:34 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Our practices are all open this year from what we understand. Been a mixed bag the last few years. Freeze kept all practices open, Malzahn closed most of them, Harsin was a mixture of both. Would close practice when he needed to get something he deemed important installed. Anderson seems to be in the Freeze mold. He wants fans to come watch.

I was just imaging a 3 pm practice in S. Louisiana on 15 August.01-wingedeagle

RE: Fall Practice - DoubleAggie - 07-14-2014 11:54 AM

(07-14-2014 11:44 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  I was just imaging a 3 pm practice in S. Louisiana on 15 August.01-wingedeagle

Hmm...

It get's a lil' warm here in the southwest also, though I'm sure much drier than for you folks in the deep south.

But I'm guessing practice will be on the newly installed field turf, which heats up a lot as I understand it.

I'm wondering if practices won't be at some other time than 3'ish which has been traditional.

RE: Fall Practice - TheRevSWT - 07-14-2014 11:59 AM

(07-14-2014 11:44 AM)CajunFanatico Wrote:  
(07-14-2014 11:34 AM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Our practices are all open this year from what we understand. Been a mixed bag the last few years. Freeze kept all practices open, Malzahn closed most of them, Harsin was a mixture of both. Would close practice when he needed to get something he deemed important installed. Anderson seems to be in the Freeze mold. He wants fans to come watch.

I was just imaging a 3 pm practice in S. Louisiana on 15 August.01-wingedeagle

While I do NOT envy the players during two-a-days in S. Louisiana (I did it in South Houston), it totally pays off in season cause everything else feels like a nice cool day.

RE: Fall Practice - CatMom - 07-14-2014 12:07 PM

I believe our first few practices are in the early morning but when they start 2 a days I think they wait until later in the afternoon/early evening.

Looks like camp starts either Aug 3rd or 4th.

RE: Fall Practice - DoubleAggie - 07-18-2014 03:02 PM

Local fish wrap indicates that NMSU's first practice is August 1 - probably the earliest allowable by the rules
( NMSU plays the Thursday before Labor Day ).

I'm guessing GaState opens July 31 since they've got the Wednesday game.

Getting close, folks.

RE: Fall Practice - TroyFootball05 - 07-18-2014 03:13 PM

Troy's registration day is July 27th and the first day of practice is the 31st. I usually attend 4 or 5 practices before the season starts. I will be interested to see how our three JUCO receivers do, our d-line, and our defensive backs.

9 days until the unofficial start of the season! We are in the home stretch here pretty soon guys (and catmom).