CSNbbs
Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman (/thread-690940.html)

Pages: 1 2

Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - CrimsonPhantom - 05-30-2014 05:27 PM

This is from Bleacher Reports Larger Article on all of CFB's intriguing freshmen.

App State: Shaedon Meadors

stAte: Chuks Ota

Georgia Southern: Kameron Maye

Georgia State: Ed Curney

Idaho: Michael Garner

ULL: T.J. Posey

ULM: Anthony Monken

NMSU: Nick Jeanty

South Alabama: Kaleb Blanchard

TXST: Cedric Gambrell

Troy: Sam Lebbie

Do you agree with the one selected for your team?

For NMSU I do.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - RoyK - 05-30-2014 05:47 PM

(05-30-2014 05:27 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  This is from Bleacher Reports Larger Article on all of CFB's intriguing freshmen.

For NMSU I do.

I could agree but I think that the LB was a strength of our team last year. I could argue for CB Antrel Allen or WR tevish clark. But Curley was I think our highest rated recruit.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - trojanbrutha - 05-30-2014 06:13 PM

(05-30-2014 05:27 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  This is from Bleacher Reports Larger Article on all of CFB's intriguing freshmen.

For NMSU I do.

Lebbie was going to play as a true frosh, but was given a redshirt because of a knee injury in fall camp iirc...I believe the league will like him 05-stirthepot

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/170006/sam-lebbie

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - TroyFootball05 - 05-30-2014 06:36 PM

At first I was thinking this was last year. I would have said RB Jordan Chunn (6'0, 231) who led all FR running backs in the country with 14 TDs. He returns for his sophomore year behind a line that returns 4 of 5 starters and 8 of 10 deep. 05-stirthepot

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - TroyFootball05 - 05-30-2014 06:41 PM

This year I'd have to say my most intriguing freshman is WR Blace Brown (6'0", 175). He led all of Georgia 6A (the highest classification) in receptions (80) and yards (1,137). I'm hoping he'll be ready by midseason. He is extremely dangerous after the catch and has huge hands. He rarely drops.

Here is Brown wearing a Troy cape at his high school's senior breakfast and last day of school.

[Image: BopYcs4CUAAZJ8k.jpg]

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - AppfanInCAAland - 05-30-2014 07:29 PM

Personally, being new to the FBS, I'm intrigued by any of App's incoming class who chose App over a P5 offer, just to see how they'll turn out. There are a suprisingly high number of them in App's first FBS class; the one mentioned in the op, Meadors, is one.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - SkullyMaroo - 05-30-2014 07:52 PM

For NMSU I do.

Kaleb Blanchard would have been a red-shirt freshman, but is no longer part of USA's team.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - geauxcajuns - 05-30-2014 08:26 PM

(05-30-2014 07:52 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

For NMSU I do.

Kaleb Blanchard would have been a red-shirt freshman, but is no longer part of USA's team.

He was highly over rated out of high school.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - geauxcajuns - 05-30-2014 08:50 PM

I'll be shocked if the Cajuns have any "major" contributors as true freshmen.

Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - AtlantaJag - 05-30-2014 09:25 PM

(05-30-2014 07:52 PM)SkullyMaroo Wrote:  

For NMSU I do.

He was always behind fellow redshirting freshman running back Xavier Johnson.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - CatMom - 05-30-2014 10:25 PM

Since BR stated it could be a RS from the 2013 class, I'll go with WR Brice Gunter. Kid catches everything. He was a team mate of our QB Tyler Jones and a favorite target. They have an established connection.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - chiefsfan - 05-30-2014 10:29 PM

I don't know about his defense, but Chuks Ota danced in the Nut Cracker at his High school this past year, and sang in the Spring Musical...so he's at least talented at something.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - TStatebobcat - 05-31-2014 12:41 PM

(05-30-2014 10:25 PM)CatMom Wrote:  Since BR stated it could be a RS from the 2013 class, I'll go with WR Brice Gunter. Kid catches everything. He was a team mate of our QB Tyler Jones and a favorite target. They have an established connection.

I agree. Cedric Gambrell is pure potential at this point. He will more than likely redshirt.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - TheRevSWT - 05-31-2014 01:37 PM

(05-30-2014 08:50 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  I'll be shocked if the Cajuns have any "major" contributors as true freshmen.

If a true freshman (or even a redshirt freshman) from the Cajuns squad made major contributions, I figure it is due to something REALLY bad happening (injury, some player TOTALLY falling apart, etc).

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - GaStateChris - 05-31-2014 03:04 PM

Ed Curney has a torn labrum and likely won't be playing this season. Tevish Clark or Antreal Allen are much better selections.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - geauxcajuns - 05-31-2014 07:06 PM

(05-31-2014 01:37 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  
(05-30-2014 08:50 PM)geauxcajuns Wrote:  I'll be shocked if the Cajuns have any "major" contributors as true freshmen.

If a true freshman (or even a redshirt freshman) from the Cajuns squad made major contributions, I figure it is due to something REALLY bad happening (injury, some player TOTALLY falling apart, etc).

Malik Williams might make an impact. He has been compared to Elijah McGuire, but on the defensive side of the ball, very similar athletic abilities.

But I just do not see it happening.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - T-Dog - 05-31-2014 07:42 PM

WR is very thin now so Meadors and a couple other incoming freshman (Noil, Armstrong) will contend for starting spots.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - Seminole Indian - 05-31-2014 07:56 PM

I expect at least 10 ASU's freshmen to contribute, and 3-4 should make their 2-deep.

Not that ASU does not have a lot of talent returning, and some big-time redshirt freshmen and transfers already on campus to join them, they do, but players do not turn down the offers most of these kids got down the stretch to red-shirt at a G5 school. They were recruited to play and play now,. When you look at offers, their incoming class has more highly recruited players than any class ASU has brought in in years, and many are going to be impact players from the start.

The one that went through spring drills has already taken over the backup role at corner, but when you turn down Tennessee, Nebraska and the likes you are expect to play.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - asupatch - 06-03-2014 10:25 AM

(05-30-2014 06:36 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  At first I was thinking this was last year. I would have said RB Jordan Chunn (6'0, 231) who led all FR running backs in the country with 14 TDs. He returns for his sophomore year behind a line that returns 4 of 5 starters and 8 of 10 deep. 05-stirthepot

Pssst. Marcus Cox had 21 td's. I know we were FCS last year but still, rather impressive.

RE: Each SBC Football Team's Most Intriguing Freshman - panama - 06-03-2014 10:31 AM

(05-30-2014 05:47 PM)RoyK Wrote:  

For NMSU I do.

I could agree but I think that the LB was a strength of our team last year. I could argue for CB Antrel Allen or WR tevish clark. But Curley was I think our highest rated recruit.
TE Ari Werts would be my choice.