CSNbbs
To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans (/thread-688197.html)

Pages: 1 2

To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - GaSoEagle - 05-02-2014 08:51 PM

We read so much speculation about how you 2 schools view expansion. To any fans of those 2 schools what do you believe your school's position would be on

1. Bringing UMass in a FB only starting in 2015
or
2. Bringing Liberty is as an all sports member?

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - OsageJ - 05-02-2014 09:08 PM

I don't have a clue but I hope neither. Hopefully try to influence Missouri St to move up and in with NMSU all sports.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - Cajuns1 - 05-02-2014 09:09 PM

Being close to insiders at the athletic department, I can tell you they were visited by Liberty officials. After conversations with other athletic departments within the conference, I strongly believe they would not get a vote from UL.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - GaSoEagle - 05-02-2014 09:11 PM

I think this is the reality-- neither UMass nor Liberty can get the 9 votes. I guess we will see in the coming weeks.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - GoAppsGo92 - 05-02-2014 09:22 PM

(05-02-2014 09:08 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  I don't have a clue but I hope neither. Hopefully try to influence Missouri St to move up and in with NMSU all sports.

Exactly what I expected to hear.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - chiefsfan - 05-02-2014 09:26 PM

The Speculation has always been that ASU and ULL's administrations would prefer Missouri State in some capacity. Its also hard to push either for a championship game, when the game between the two schools has pretty much decided the last three titles.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - TheRevSWT - 05-02-2014 09:28 PM

(05-02-2014 09:08 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  I don't have a clue but I hope neither. Hopefully try to influence Missouri St to move up and in with NMSU all sports.

Wouldn't that make 13 olympic sports? Is that an "ideal" number?

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - Vobserver - 05-02-2014 09:38 PM

I don't know for sure what our administration thinks, but most diehard Cajun fans would want NMSU for all sports, and either and stay at 11/13, or add MoSt all sports to get to 12/14.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - GaSoEagle - 05-02-2014 09:40 PM

I think Commissioner Benson basically believes to replace WKU the Sun Belt needs another team in the east. Getting everyone to agree to who that team should be is quite another issue.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - ark30inf - 05-02-2014 09:49 PM

No idea what they are thinking. But the West is spread to hell and back while the east is at least moderately compact. We need a closer rival. The only one plausible is Missouri State.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - Vobserver - 05-02-2014 09:59 PM

(05-02-2014 09:40 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I think Commissioner Benson basically believes to replace WKU the Sun Belt needs another team in the east. Getting everyone to agree to who that team should be is quite another issue.

Benson has been kissing azz with the Eastern teams ever since he got the gig. He is not making friends in the West, I assure you. He let Middle and WKU lead him around like a puppy, and has consistantly discounted or mistreated both UL and ASU.

He is better than the previous commish, but then my cat would be better than Waters.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - slycat - 05-02-2014 10:05 PM

Funny how he wants to tighten the eastern footprint when the west of the one really spread out. I just wish the G5 conferences would just realign themselves. but with TV deals and such it'll never happen.

I bet no team is added and we go through this all again next year.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - chiefsfan - 05-02-2014 10:34 PM

(05-02-2014 09:59 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  
(05-02-2014 09:40 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I think Commissioner Benson basically believes to replace WKU the Sun Belt needs another team in the east. Getting everyone to agree to who that team should be is quite another issue.

Benson has been kissing azz with the Eastern teams ever since he got the gig. He is not making friends in the West, I assure you. He let Middle and WKU lead him around like a puppy, and has consistantly discounted or mistreated both UL and ASU.

He is better than the previous commish, but then my cat would be better than Waters.

Georgia Southern is going to be the next WKU...mark my words.

GSU's AD will have Benson eating out of his hand in a few months time.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - Vobserver - 05-02-2014 10:38 PM

I figure it will be Appy. He keeps saying we need a travel partner for them.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - ark30inf - 05-02-2014 10:55 PM

(05-02-2014 09:59 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  

Yep, I hated to lose WKU but it was almost worth it to see the President he had been leg-humping hit the ejection switch to CUSA.

Waters was utterly opposed to conference realignment philosophically. He boycotted it in protest...and it almost killed us.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - CajunExpress - 05-02-2014 11:35 PM

(05-02-2014 08:51 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  We read so much speculation about how you 2 schools view expansion. To any fans of those 2 schools what do you believe your school's position would be on

or

Why would you think vomit, or excrement is a choice worth making? No, no, please no to either of your options.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - chiefsfan - 05-03-2014 12:08 AM

(05-02-2014 10:38 PM)Vobserver Wrote:  I figure it will be Appy. He keeps saying we need a travel partner for them.

I don't think App has the administration in place to take advantage of him yet. GS does.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - Tom in Lazybrook - 05-03-2014 12:46 AM

(05-02-2014 09:28 PM)TheRevSWT Wrote:  

Wouldn't that make 13 olympic sports? Is that an "ideal" number?

Most conferences ditched divisions for non-football years ago. Not an issue.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - Florida Red Wolf - 05-03-2014 10:33 AM

(05-02-2014 08:51 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  We read so much speculation about how you 2 schools view expansion. To any fans of those 2 schools what do you believe your school's position would be on

or

IMO, both schools want only the best available(BCS or FCS) schools to be viewed as prospective members. Forget numbers, think quality. State now has a major capital improvement project under way in the area of $30-40 million range for an indoor practice facility, press box/suites, and athletic center. ULL has a major campaign under way. We want the best SB conference possible with like minded academic institutions focused on the three major sports of football, basketball and baseball. And the names most have suggested here for membership does nothing for advancing our conference. In the coming years, I want us to be in a position where the SBC can be seen as a great choice for southern BCS programs like Southern Miss, La. Tech, and some Texas schools on the basis of academics, facilities, fan support, with our programs competing at a high regional level ( minimum) and in a southern footprint which allows fans to travel. If our member schools can't share that vision, I want our program to advance outside the SBC as we now know it.

RE: To Louisiana and Ark. St. fans - arkstfan - 05-03-2014 10:45 AM

I don't pick up any real interest in Liberty or UMass from the folks at AState, just a lot of talk about needing NMSU to come in all sports.