CSNbbs
Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team (/thread-687502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - statefanatic - 04-25-2014 07:48 PM

Welcome to the Belt UMASS. I don't like this move but have to live with it.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - statefanatic - 04-25-2014 07:52 PM

Here is a claimed email from EKU.

Dear Campus:

We have learned from the Commissioner of the Sun Belt that we are no longer being considered for expansion at this time. Instead, the member institutions of the Sun Belt seem to be narrowing their attention to those universities currently within the Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS), and not to those Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) schools considering a move upward. 

We will remain in the Ohio Valley Conference, will continue to improve our facilities and expand our programs, and will compete on the national stage of FCS football. 

I have appreciated the input received from interested faculty, staff, and students on the topic of EKU and the future of our athletics progracm and remain committed to moving our institution forward, both academically and athletically.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - statefanatic - 04-25-2014 07:57 PM

Twitter starting to light up with the reports of UMASS to Sun Belt.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - OsageJ - 04-25-2014 07:59 PM

Probably picked up the rumor here.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - Steve1981 - 04-25-2014 08:06 PM

(04-25-2014 07:48 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Welcome to the Belt UMASS. I don't like this move but have to live with it.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - statefanatic - 04-25-2014 08:09 PM

(04-25-2014 07:59 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  Probably picked up the rumor here.

The email is actually being reported by EKU students. If you go over to the EKU board you will see reports of people claiming to have recieved the email. What other FBS team would we be adding?

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - AppManDG - 04-25-2014 08:22 PM

Oh ye of little faith......

I'd make a run at Southern Miss

Re: RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - MSUBear42 - 04-25-2014 08:24 PM

(04-25-2014 07:57 PM)statefanatic Wrote:  Twitter starting to light up with the reports of UMASS to Sun Belt.

Have fun with that! Lmao

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - Klak - 04-25-2014 08:25 PM

(04-25-2014 08:22 PM)AppManDG Wrote:  Oh ye of little faith......

You can't know anything. Your school isn't even in the conference yet!

:)

One day people will pay attention to the posters that deserve it and ignore the posters that just stir the pot.

Protip: arkstfan, gatadotcom, Eagle22, AppManDG, Hemi Man ... There are more, but these are off the top of my head.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - mathenis89 - 04-25-2014 08:26 PM

This seems highly unlikely that EKU would send that email to their students.

If they actually did, then EKU doesn't have much professionalism.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - Fresno St. Alum - 04-25-2014 08:34 PM

(04-25-2014 08:26 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  This seems highly unlikely that EKU would send that email to their students.

self deprecation(EKU is out, this emails show it) is much easier to believe than someone saying they were sent something that say EKU is #12.

So that lie picks up a lot more speed and spreads faster than one patting their school on the back.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - GaSoEagle - 04-25-2014 08:37 PM

I think we will know something in the next 2-3 weeks. If we do invite UMass for FB and NMSU for all sports it really doesn't address the issue of App having a travel partner at all.

I would just wait at this point.

Anyone think there is any chance of getting some other FBS (other than UMass) to join for all sports?

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - jsualumnus - 04-25-2014 08:43 PM

If you do invite UMASS, and they accept, you will have completed the transition to the oddest conference in the FBS; plus, your footprint will be that of a smiley face. Still... I hope the conference does well.

Re: RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - ark30inf - 04-25-2014 08:50 PM

(04-25-2014 08:37 PM)GaSoEagle Wrote:  I think we will know something in the next 2-3 weeks. If we do invite UMass for FB and NMSU for all sports it really doesn't address the issue of App having a travel partner at all.

I would just wait at this point.

Anyone think there is any chance of getting some other FBS (other than UMass) to join for all sports?

UMASS - 99.5%
Army - .4%
USM - .1%

I rounded up to the nearest .1%

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - GaSoEagle - 04-25-2014 08:54 PM

I wonder if we just invite UMass under the same arrangement as Idaho --- a 4 year deal with an option after 2 years to give them 2 year notice of being jetisoned.

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - TheRevSWT - 04-25-2014 09:27 PM

(04-25-2014 08:43 PM)jsualumnus Wrote:  If you do invite UMASS, and they accept, you will have completed the transition to the oddest conference in the FBS; plus, your footprint will be that of a smiley face. Still... I hope the conference does well.

The... Smiley Belt?

Re: RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - Colonels12 - 04-25-2014 09:31 PM

(04-25-2014 08:26 PM)mathenis89 Wrote:  This seems highly unlikely that EKU would send that email to their students.

How is it unprofessional? It was a very hot topic around the community. I know I was getting texts from friends not in the area wanting to know the latest news. On campus it was a very popular topic.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 Active using Tapatalk

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - uakronkid - 04-25-2014 09:33 PM

(04-25-2014 08:34 PM)Fresno St. Alum Wrote:  

self defecation(EKU is out, this emails show it) is much easier to believe than someone saying they were sent something that say EKU is #12.

So that lie picks up a lot more speed and spreads faster than one patting their school on the back.

I really, really hope you meant "self deprecation."

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - cleburneslim - 04-25-2014 09:38 PM

Lmao !!!

RE: Sun Belt informs EKU it will not expand with FCS team - slycat - 04-25-2014 09:40 PM

Its really not that bad of a move. The only option that is truly ready to make the move as a full member is Liberty. They can't get the votes, so UMass is a temp add until EKU or MSU get their ducks in a row.

Mr. Peanut has a bleeding heart for teams floating around without a conference.