CSNbbs
Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. (/thread-685956.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - CajunExpress - 04-13-2014 08:21 PM

grow up 90.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - chiefsfan - 04-13-2014 08:25 PM

(04-13-2014 08:07 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 07:53 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 07:10 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 06:36 PM)Rik Flair Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 06:12 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  Meh...

I doubt very seriously a national story was expected.

I think you're right. Nobody could have foreseen as much coverage as the idea got.
Install poles on the sidelines and let Jagimiester pay for it. You will get national attention and a bump up in attendance. You got a reaction from me when some idiot said the ASU football program was better than ours. We carry this league in football, Basketball and baseball. BTW, The French Quarter fest is awesome!

ULL has zero outright football championships, and until this season had spent the last decade in basketball middling along in the middle of the pack, and even this year it really came down getting hot at the right time.

The idea that you carry this league in football and basketball is perhaps the most ridiculous idea ever sprouted on this board, and that includes NoDak's wild theories about the Big Sky becoming FBS.

I thought that outright championships didn't mean anything? We are the only team in the basketball NCAA and a nationally ranked baseball program. What has ASU done lately?

Uhh...Gee...I don't know. Won Two Outiright and one shared conference title, and won two bowl games?

You are claiming to carry the league, yet the reality is that you are having one good year. Any sane fan would take question of your football and basketball dominance when numbers wise you have fewer wins than ASU does over the same time period in football and finished 6 games out of first in basketball this season, and only made the NCAA because GSU screwed the pooch the last two minutes of regulation.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - CajunMarine81 - 04-13-2014 09:04 PM

I can't believe I just read all 9 pages of this thread. 90, lay off the hand grenades man. You came and 05-stirthepot for nothing. I thought what stAte did was a creative idea. Has nothing to do with UL. Carry on folks....

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - garmen - 04-13-2014 09:05 PM

(04-13-2014 08:25 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 06:36 PM)Rik Flair Wrote:  I think you're right. Nobody could have foreseen as much coverage as the idea got.
Install poles on the sidelines and let Jagimiester pay for it. You will get national attention and a bump up in attendance. You got a reaction from me when some idiot said the ASU football program was better than ours. We carry this league in football, Basketball and baseball. BTW, The French Quarter fest is awesome!

ULL has zero outright football championships, and until this season had spent the last decade in basketball middling along in the middle of the pack, and even this year it really came down getting hot at the right time.

The idea that you carry this league in football and basketball is perhaps the most ridiculous idea ever sprouted on this board, and that includes NoDak's wild theories about the Big Sky becoming FBS.

I thought that outright championships didn't mean anything? We are the only team in the basketball NCAA and a nationally ranked baseball program. What has ASU done lately?

Uhh...Gee...I don't know. Won Two Outiright and one shared conference title, and won two bowl games?

You are claiming to carry the league, yet the reality is that you are having one good year. Any sane fan would take question of your football and basketball dominance when numbers wise you have fewer wins than ASU does over the same time period in football and finished 6 games out of first in basketball this season, and only made the NCAA because GSU screwed the pooch the last two minutes of regulation.

90 must of had a few too many hurricanes on Bourbon St. Speaking as someone who helped paint and fix facilities just 10 years ago cause the school didn't have the money, helped start a now very successful golf tournament to raise money for athletics recruiting, I commend stAte for their efforts. Rome is an idiot anyway as are half the ESPN talking heads.. I would think any cajun supporter who have been actively involved with fund raising the last 10 to 20 years would appreciate stAte's efforts cause we were there and did that.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 04-13-2014 09:23 PM

(04-13-2014 06:36 PM)Rik Flair Wrote:  I think you're right. Nobody could have foreseen as much coverage as the idea got.

Troy is the only school in this conference that can say they carried the league in the early days. All around sports, it is us. Need I remind you it was An ASU fan that said they had the best football program in the Belt? That is just silly. The rest is throwing stuff at a fan and seeing if it sticks. USA could say the same thing especially destroying us in Football. They have a good baseball and basketball program.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - garmen - 04-13-2014 09:46 PM

(04-13-2014 09:23 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 07:10 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  Install poles on the sidelines and let Jagimiester pay for it. You will get national attention and a bump up in attendance. You got a reaction from me when some idiot said the ASU football program was better than ours. We carry this league in football, Basketball and baseball. BTW, The French Quarter fest is awesome!

Troy is the only school in this conference that can say they carried the league in the early days. All around sports, it is us. Need I remind you it was An ASU fan that said they had the best football program in the Belt? That is just silly. The rest is throwing stuff at a fan and seeing if it sticks. USA could say the same thing especially destroying us in Football. They have a good baseball and basketball program.

Ummm... The past winners and current year standing of the Bubas Cup would suggest different. However, yes right now we are on a roll. One day at a time is how we will take it....

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - OsageJ - 04-13-2014 10:00 PM

We win two championships a you only share one...with us and you don't think we have the best program at this date. Things change quickly...not long ago UNT could say that. Then it was Troy. Win the league a few times and come back. The best program should take care of business a few years not just share it one year. I am not saying you don't have a good program but it hasn't done what we have yet. You may very well do it. I remember reading your posts for a long time and I always hoped you would grow up. I doubt it's ever going to happen.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - MTPiKapp - 04-13-2014 10:03 PM

(04-13-2014 09:23 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 07:10 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  Install poles on the sidelines and let Jagimiester pay for it. You will get national attention and a bump up in attendance. You got a reaction from me when some idiot said the ASU football program was better than ours. We carry this league in football, Basketball and baseball. BTW, The French Quarter fest is awesome!

Before there was Troy there was UNT and neither you or Arkansas State(two very comparable football programs) are what either of them were and your "all around sports" carrying the conference, regardless of it's true or not, would only be true because of recently departed programs.

Go ahead and ignore this just like you have when people have pointed out that, following your very own logic, that ULM has a better program than you.

The land of your logic is a magical place.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - ark30inf - 04-13-2014 10:09 PM

I'm not sure either of these programs has the basis to claim superiority over the other, or over the conference. We have a very competitive league and everything can change on a dime. There are a lot of similarities between the programs. The main difference I'm seeing at the moment is that we seem to be enjoying ourselves more. I'm not sure what the takeaway is from that.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - CajunMarine81 - 04-13-2014 10:10 PM

(04-13-2014 10:00 PM)OsageJ Wrote:  We win two championships a you only share one...with us and you don't think we have the best program at this date. Things change quickly...not long ago UNT could say that. Then it was Troy. Win the league a few times and come back. The best program should take care of business a few years not just share it one year. I am not saying you don't have a good program but it hasn't done what we have yet. You may very well do it. I remember reading your posts for a long time and I always hoped you would grow up. I doubt it's ever going to happen.

Please ignore the BS. I have read many post in this thread which has become a pissing match... for NOTHING!!! stAte had a great idea to get fans involved and raised money doing it! That is great! I am one proud Cajun and enjoying the progress that we are making. Nonsense like this thread needs to go.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 04-14-2014 05:23 AM

1. I feel raffling off coach for the day is rather a pathetic money grab for ASU. This day is to show off your program to the fan base. It is just an opinion which message board are for.
2. The original poster said that ASU had a better program than us which I think is an example of hubris.
3. I don't get excited over co-championships. When an ASU fans claims to have a better football program than ours when we beat them at their field, I take exception to that.
4. We are getting national attention for a baseball team and not playing who wants to be our football coach. I think that's more valuable than an ebay scheme.
5. We have carried this conference this year by shattering NOLA Bowl attendance records, NCCA tourney game and now our baseball team.

If you disagree with me that's fine. As far as the Hurricane and Hand Grenade comments, the French Quarter Fest is about food and music. You should come down and check it out. It's a great time and not a time to get loaded. Hurricane and Hand Grenades are for tourists. I don't drink but I understand that after drinking those things you wish had a real hand grenade in the morning.

I have no hate for ASU. we have been playing each other forever. They are a class act from their teams to their fans.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - OsageJ - 04-14-2014 05:27 AM

I think you had better team than we did last year...at least until the injuries. To say who has the better program takes in more than one year. To be honest there are no rewards for this argument.l

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - arkstfan - 04-14-2014 08:37 AM

(04-13-2014 06:36 PM)Rik Flair Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 06:12 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 06:00 PM)doberman Wrote:  
(04-13-2014 03:03 PM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  You talking about someone else conveniently skipping parts is hilarious. You have failed to respond to several posts poking holes in your argument.

You also really just need to let go of your obsession with their auctioned off coach. You've yet to even come close to articulating what is so embarrassing about it, especially when multiple people have pointed out far more gimmicky spring games this year like cheerleaders as coaches and that didn't even raise any money.

The amount of money raised by this is far secondary to the amount of exposure created nationally for StAte. Although appreciated, the donation was never the point for doing this.

Meh...

I doubt very seriously a national story was expected.

I think you're right. Nobody could have foreseen as much coverage as the idea got.

Not true at all.

You started this thread.

And in what weird world do you expect to trash a member program on this board and not get kicked back?

(04-11-2014 05:45 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  This might be the most pathetic thing I've seen a Belt team do.
http://msn.foxsports.com/southwest/story/arkansas-state-auctioning-head-coaching-job-for-spring-game-on-ebay-041114

It is really and truly sad that someone posts a hateful attack and then cries like a three year old when people fire back. You bear full responsibility for the turn of this thread and your protests of innocence are a joke.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - arkstfan - 04-14-2014 08:40 AM

(04-14-2014 05:23 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  1. I feel raffling off coach for the day is rather a pathetic money grab for ASU. This day is to show off your program to the fan base. It is just an opinion which message board are for.
2. The original poster said that ASU had a better program than us which I think is an example of hubris.
3. I don't get excited over co-championships. When an ASU fans claims to have a better football program than ours when we beat them at their field, I take exception to that.
4. We are getting national attention for a baseball team and not playing who wants to be our football coach. I think that's more valuable than an ebay scheme.
5. We have carried this conference this year by shattering NOLA Bowl attendance records, NCCA tourney game and now our baseball team.

If you disagree with me that's fine. As far as the Hurricane and Hand Grenade comments, the French Quarter Fest is about food and music. You should come down and check it out. It's a great time and not a time to get loaded. Hurricane and Hand Grenades are for tourists. I don't drink but I understand that after drinking those things you wish had a real hand grenade in the morning.

I have no hate for ASU. we have been playing each other forever. They are a class act from their teams to their fans.

No the ORGINAL poster said the auction was the most pathetic thing done by a Sun Belt school. Again, you start a flame war then complain about the carnage.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - MTPiKapp - 04-14-2014 09:55 AM

(04-14-2014 05:23 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  3. I don't get excited over co-championships. When an ASU fans claims to have a better football program than ours when we beat them at their field, I take exception to that.

You keep coming back to this argument about better program and framing it around last year's game. This is a moronic argument.

(04-14-2014 05:23 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  4. We are getting national attention for a baseball team and not playing who wants to be our football coach. I think that's more valuable than an ebay scheme.

I promise you the amount of people who can tell you anything about college baseball rankings is infintesimal compared to the amount of people who have read about or heard about stAte's "money grab".

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 04-14-2014 01:40 PM

(04-14-2014 08:40 AM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 05:23 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  1. I feel raffling off coach for the day is rather a pathetic money grab for ASU. This day is to show off your program to the fan base. It is just an opinion which message board are for.

No the ORGINAL poster said the auction was the most pathetic thing done by a Sun Belt school. Again, you start a flame war then complain about the carnage.

Carnage? Flame war? Enjoy the 12,000 you made! Again pathetic.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - Louisianafanrcajun90 - 04-14-2014 01:46 PM

(04-14-2014 09:55 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 05:23 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  3. I don't get excited over co-championships. When an ASU fans claims to have a better football program than ours when we beat them at their field, I take exception to that.

You keep coming back to this argument about better program and framing it around last year's game. This is a moronic argument.

(04-14-2014 05:23 AM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  4. We are getting national attention for a baseball team and not playing who wants to be our football coach. I think that's more valuable than an ebay scheme.

I promise you the amount of people who can tell you anything about college baseball rankings is infintesimal compared to the amount of people who have read about or heard about stAte's "money grab".

It's a what have you done for me lately world. They don't have a stellar history to rest on. We were the better team last year. As far as the money made for being a coach for the day, 12,000 might pay to move in their new coach before he too parts way as fast as possible. We were #1 in football, basketball and now baseball swallow and choke on it. We own this conference this year. We are LOUISIANA!
[Image: Qo0UxxT.jpg]

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - mathenis89 - 04-14-2014 02:13 PM

(04-14-2014 01:46 PM)Louisianafanrcajun90 Wrote:  
(04-14-2014 09:55 AM)MTPiKapp Wrote:  

It's a what have you done for me lately world. They don't have a stellar history to rest on. We were the better team last year. As far as the money made for being a coach for the day, 12,000 might pay to move in their new coach before he too parts way as fast as possible. We were #1 in football, basketball and now baseball swallow and choke on it. We own this conference this year. We are LOUISIANA!
[Image: Qo0UxxT.jpg]

The final standings say otherwise.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - chiefsfan - 04-14-2014 02:16 PM

90 is becoming the first Cajun fan in history to embarrass Zeebart.

That's really hard to do.

RE: Bid high enough to be the next ASU coach. - OsageJ - 04-14-2014 05:23 PM

(04-14-2014 02:16 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  90 is becoming the first Cajun fan in history to embarrass Zeebart.

That's really hard to do.

If you have paid attention to him he has been doing it for years.