CSNbbs
GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field (/thread-685658.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - mrklean - 04-11-2014 09:09 AM

(04-11-2014 08:54 AM)Ole Sleepy Wrote:  I've tailgated behind the Ted a couple of times before. Never again. I'll sweat it out in the huge concrete parking lot before going back there again.

I don't feel like having my wife accosted by groups of young teenagers and old men that feel the need to comment on her appearances or what they would do with her if they had a chance...or don't feel like having to keep watch over the lot because some gentlemen were snooping in people's windows....or don't feel like watching blue lights and hearing sirens and jack wagon cops who are inconsistent in what you're allowed to cook or drink.

No exaggerations either. My experiences may not be the norm, but it's just not a nice area back there. The city of Atlanta failed the Braves in never doing anything to help spruce up the area.

I just don't see how Georgia State would have the money to

1. Buy the land and property
2. Re-design and configure the Ted
3. Pay insurance
4. Keep up maintenance
5. Develop the area around the stadium so it won't be like UAB in 30 years.

No spring game? No Turner Field.

The City of Atlanta will give them a really good deal. Plus, GA St. has some rich Alumni. Trust me, if GA ST. wants that property they will get it.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - JCGSU - 04-11-2014 09:21 AM

(04-11-2014 08:39 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 11:53 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 09:46 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:55 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 11:37 AM)panama Wrote:  I think you dont have a very good idea as to where GSU lies vs Downtown and vs the Ted.

not on campus, north and west of two major interstates and depending on where you are a good walk in the city which is different than an on campus walk. It is possible not to live ITP and know a lot about the ATL. Especially when you are in real estate and actually go off research.

Well, being in real estate, you should also know nothing beats windshield time and pounding the pavement. I made that walk from campus to Turner Field probably 50 times for Braves games. Once you leave campus, you walk by the capital(judging by the Georgia State Patrol presence pretty safe 2 blocks there), cross the interstate, and you are at the blue lot. The walk is nothing. Get out from behind your computer and try again.

Posted from my mobile device using the CSNbbs App

Walk around the "subs" just east and south of the stadium broham at night. I dare ya.

http://crime.mapatl.com/ The area around GSU's "campus" and the Ted are two of the highest crime areas in one of the highest crime cities in the country. Keep on keeping on. Yes the Braves were just "butt hurt" what a joke. I was actually kinda rooting for GSU to improve but it does not take long for all three or four of GSU fans on here to change your mind.

Challenge accepted! Again... You should get out more. East on Georgia Ave, you can park for free on the street. I have done that for years for Braves games I'm running late to, and my girlfriend lived in Kirkwood. So again, I have walked up to 4 blocks east at 11pm at night with no issues to my car or myself for years. But anyway... you were talking about the walk FROM State originally. So please tell me more about what you see from your computer about places I have seen in person.

Ummm I go to downtown, midtown, buckhead, and Decatur a lot. I used to appraise homes on and around Georgia Ave / Ormond street area but when drug dealers threatened me about taking pictures, have found homeless folks in vacant homes and seen floors covered in tiny colorful crack bags I just stick to the condos north of there. Dont get me started on the amount of real estate fraud and illegal flipping. I guess those crime stats are just made up since you have not been a victim or seen someone getting killed with your own eyes. No you are not going to get attacked every night but your chances are higher than 99.9% of where most of us live which is the point. That's why stats are superior to your single person experiences. Maybe you should got talk to the victims of all those crimes and get their perspectives they hold just as much weight as yours. You sound like the folks in East Point, who are screaming their city is "safe" but yet got named the most dangerous suburb in the entire country. Denial is just not a river in Egypt when it comes to folks who live in crappy areas of big city's.

In case you want to actually look at that map, notice all those crimes have taken place since December. 04-jawdrop

Let me just break it down for the area between the Ted and Grant Park
Since December
24 Burglaries
6 Aggravated assaults
24 Auto thefts
2 Homocides
54 Larcenies
1 Rape
19 Robberies

I can do the area around GSU next if you want to SEE.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - StanMolsonMan - 04-11-2014 09:36 AM

(04-11-2014 09:21 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 09:46 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 08:55 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  not on campus, north and west of two major interstates and depending on where you are a good walk in the city which is different than an on campus walk. It is possible not to live ITP and know a lot about the ATL. Especially when you are in real estate and actually go off research.

Well, being in real estate, you should also know nothing beats windshield time and pounding the pavement. I made that walk from campus to Turner Field probably 50 times for Braves games. Once you leave campus, you walk by the capital(judging by the Georgia State Patrol presence pretty safe 2 blocks there), cross the interstate, and you are at the blue lot. The walk is nothing. Get out from behind your computer and try again.

Walk around the "subs" just east and south of the stadium broham at night. I dare ya.

http://crime.mapatl.com/ The area around GSU's "campus" and the Ted are two of the highest crime areas in one of the highest crime cities in the country. Keep on keeping on. Yes the Braves were just "butt hurt" what a joke. I was actually kinda rooting for GSU to improve but it does not take long for all three or four of GSU fans on here to change your mind.

Challenge accepted! Again... You should get out more. East on Georgia Ave, you can park for free on the street. I have done that for years for Braves games I'm running late to, and my girlfriend lived in Kirkwood. So again, I have walked up to 4 blocks east at 11pm at night with no issues to my car or myself for years. But anyway... you were talking about the walk FROM State originally. So please tell me more about what you see from your computer about places I have seen in person.

Ummm I go to downtown, midtown, buckhead, and Decatur a lot. I used to appraise homes on and around Georgia Ave / Ormond street area but when drug dealers threatened me about taking pictures, have found homeless folks in vacant homes and seen floors covered in tiny colorful crack bags I just stick to the condos north of there. Dont get me started on the amount of real estate fraud and illegal flipping. I guess those crime stats are just made up since you have not been a victim or seen someone getting killed with your own eyes. No you are not going to get attacked every night but your chances are higher than 99.9% of where most of us live which is the point. That's why stats are superior to your single person experiences. Maybe you should got talk to the victims of all those crimes and get their perspectives they hold just as much weight as yours. You sound like the folks in East Point, who are screaming their city is "safe" but yet got named the most dangerous suburb in the entire country. Denial is just not a river in Egypt when it comes to folks who live in crappy areas of big city's.

In case you want to actually look at that map, notice all those crimes have taken place since December. 04-jawdrop

It isn't denial. Look at all the crimes around GA Tech. Life goes on. Work takes me to places that makes areas around the stadium look like Disneyland. I've walked around South Central LA and Little Haiti in Miami, and I am as white as can be. I work on putting stores in places where people are "too scared" to put stores. I see the stats, maps, all of it from a software that would blow your mind. All these places, yes, have bad people. But typically they have a whole lot more good than bad. Yes 500 crimes per 100,000 people equals a rough neighborhood. But... it also equates to a 99.5% chance it won't happen to you. None of my friends have had any issues at Turner Field. I can tell you stories about my friends cars have been broken into or robbed in Buckhead, Midtown, and the Highlands.

I guess at the end of the day. I just don't scare easily.

Also, your count comes up with 130. The map shows for that 4 block area shows 64(east, north, west and south).

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - JCGSU - 04-11-2014 10:04 AM

(04-11-2014 09:36 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 09:46 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Well, being in real estate, you should also know nothing beats windshield time and pounding the pavement. I made that walk from campus to Turner Field probably 50 times for Braves games. Once you leave campus, you walk by the capital(judging by the Georgia State Patrol presence pretty safe 2 blocks there), cross the interstate, and you are at the blue lot. The walk is nothing. Get out from behind your computer and try again.

It isn't denial. Look at all the crimes around GA Tech. Life goes on. Work takes me to places that makes areas around the stadium look like Disneyland. I've walked around South Central LA and Little Haiti in Miami, and I am as white as can be. I work on putting stores in places where people are "too scared" to put stores. I see the stats, maps, all of it from a software that would blow your mind. All these places, yes, have bad people. But typically they have a whole lot more good than bad. Yes 500 crimes per 100,000 people equals a rough neighborhood. But... it also equates to a 99.5% chance it won't happen to you. None of my friends have had any issues at Turner Field. I can tell you stories about my friends cars have been broken into or robbed in Buckhead, Midtown, and the Highlands.

Nobody said crime does not happen everywhere and or that area is the worst in the country but dont compare Buckhead to that area. You know better. GA Tech area is bad as well. Like I said last I checked ATL was a top ten high crime city and the concentration of those crimes are in "your" backyard. Nothing more nothing less facts is facts. Not like I am rooting for it to be bad it is what it is. Honestly, "dislike" aside I would not feel good about my daughter walking around there day or night much less my son. When I appraise newer decent housing around that area like and areas around Jonesboro Road I ask people what its like and they straight up tell me the deal they all have crazy stories. I left a Brave games before and seen cars broke into while the game was going on. We can do the isolated example game till the cows come home that is why using an biased source holds more weight to me. I'm sure little Haiti is rough but I spent over half a year in the real Haiti as part of the U.N. Mission I guarantee it was rougher. So no I don't scare easily either. It is the poorest country in the western hemisphere was worse than anything you have ever thought about seeing unless you want to hang out in the border cartel controlled cities. Been there as well when we were deployed to test jump at the time the new C-17 aircraft in Yuma Arizona.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - StanMolsonMan - 04-11-2014 10:16 AM

(04-11-2014 10:04 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(04-10-2014 11:53 PM)JCGSU Wrote:  Walk around the "subs" just east and south of the stadium broham at night. I dare ya.

Nobody said crime does not happen everywhere and or that area is the worst in the country but dont compare Buckhead to that area. You know better. GA Tech area is bad as well. Like I said last I checked ATL was a top ten high crime city and the concentration of those crimes are in "your" backyard. Nothing more nothing less facts is facts. Not like I am rooting for it to be bad it is what it is. Honestly, "dislike" aside I would not feel good about my daughter walking around there day or night much less my son. but When I appraise newer decent housing around that area like around Jonesboro Road I ask people what its like and they straight up tell me the deal they all have crazy stories. I left a Brave games before and seen cars broke into while the game was going on. We can do the isolated example game till the cows come home that is why using an biased source holds more weight to me. I'm sure little Haiti is rough but I spent over half a year in the real Haiti as part of the U.N. Mission I guarantee it was rougher. So no I don't scare easily either. It is the poorest country in the western hemisphere was worse than anything you have ever thought about seeing unless you want to hang out in the border cartel controlled cities. Been there as well when we were deployed to test jump at the time the new C-17 aircraft in Yuma Arizona.

I will bring up Buckhead so you can SEE. Your handy dandy website said in the same size area there were 177 crimes and that is the affluent part west of 400. You can't for one second tell me not to look at your site as the end all be all, and then when I throw it back, it is an anomaly. It is just where the money is. When someone gets raped in Buckhead, people respond I can't believe that happened here. When someone gets raped in Summerhill, people respond... well it is a poor area it must be rough.

You are right. Facts are facts. There are safer places than Atlanta. But like any big city, you adapt and enjoy what the city can give you, because 99.5% of the time, you have nothing to worry about. Or you stay home scared of what might be outside.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - JCGSU - 04-11-2014 10:27 AM

(04-11-2014 10:16 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 08:39 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  Challenge accepted! Again... You should get out more. East on Georgia Ave, you can park for free on the street. I have done that for years for Braves games I'm running late to, and my girlfriend lived in Kirkwood. So again, I have walked up to 4 blocks east at 11pm at night with no issues to my car or myself for years. But anyway... you were talking about the walk FROM State originally. So please tell me more about what you see from your computer about places I have seen in person.

Nobody said crime does not happen everywhere and or that area is the worst in the country but dont compare Buckhead to that area. You know better. GA Tech area is bad as well. Like I said last I checked ATL was a top ten high crime city and the concentration of those crimes are in "your" backyard. Nothing more nothing less facts is facts. Not like I am rooting for it to be bad it is what it is. Honestly, "dislike" aside I would not feel good about my daughter walking around there day or night much less my son. but When I appraise newer decent housing around that area like around Jonesboro Road I ask people what its like and they straight up tell me the deal they all have crazy stories. I left a Brave games before and seen cars broke into while the game was going on. We can do the isolated example game till the cows come home that is why using an biased source holds more weight to me. I'm sure little Haiti is rough but I spent over half a year in the real Haiti as part of the U.N. Mission I guarantee it was rougher. So no I don't scare easily either. It is the poorest country in the western hemisphere was worse than anything you have ever thought about seeing unless you want to hang out in the border cartel controlled cities. Been there as well when we were deployed to test jump at the time the new C-17 aircraft in Yuma Arizona.

I will bring up Buckhead so you can SEE. Your handy dandy website said in the same size area there were 177 crimes and that is the affluent part west of 400. You can't for one second tell me not to look at your site as the end all be all, and then when I throw it back, it is an anomaly. It is just where the money is. When someone gets raped in Buckhead, people respond I can't believe that happened here. When someone gets raped in Summerhill, people respond... well it is a poor area it must be rough.

You are right. Facts are facts. There are safer places than Atlanta. But like any big city, you adapt and enjoy what the city can give you, because 99.5% of the time, you have nothing to worry about. Or you stay home scared of what might be outside.

177 versus thousands in the same size area.....ok. See if you zoom out it gets worse for your area by thousands of crimes. Not even comparable at all. I was talking about a few block radius and you bring up several mile area...07-coffee3 Glad you adapted bro. If I want to enjoy what ATL provides its an easy under thirty minute drive then I can return to an area I don't have to "adapt" to or worry about locking my doors. Guess the Braves were tired of adapting 05-mafia

Back to the main point. Like I said off campus stadiums tend to not do as well. It maybe a manageable walk but thousand of our students and a lot of other college student's live in apartments / dorms bordering the stadium or across the street from the stadium. We have students complaining about having to get "free" tickets for games now so just a little inconvenience can upset the apple cart when it comes to college kids.
Wasn't the Dome just around the corner as well or even closer? How has student turn out been? Not including "money" drop games? 03-wink

GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - DawggoneEagle - 04-11-2014 10:45 AM

Well if they can make it work at the Ted, I'm all for it. It's not hurting us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - StanMolsonMan - 04-11-2014 10:45 AM

(04-11-2014 10:27 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 09:21 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  Ummm I go to downtown, midtown, buckhead, and Decatur a lot. I used to appraise homes on and around Georgia Ave / Ormond street area but when drug dealers threatened me about taking pictures, have found homeless folks in vacant homes and seen floors covered in tiny colorful crack bags I just stick to the condos north of there. Dont get me started on the amount of real estate fraud and illegal flipping. I guess those crime stats are just made up since you have not been a victim or seen someone getting killed with your own eyes. No you are not going to get attacked every night but your chances are higher than 99.9% of where most of us live which is the point. That's why stats are superior to your single person experiences. Maybe you should got talk to the victims of all those crimes and get their perspectives they hold just as much weight as yours. You sound like the folks in East Point, who are screaming their city is "safe" but yet got named the most dangerous suburb in the entire country. Denial is just not a river in Egypt when it comes to folks who live in crappy areas of big city's.

177 versus thousands in the same size area.....ok. See if you zoom out it gets worse for your area by thousands of crimes. Not even comparable at all. I was talking about a few block radius and you bring up several mile area...07-coffee3 Glad you adapted bro. If I want to enjoy what ATL provides its an easy under thirty minute drive then I can return to an area I don't have to "adapt" to or worry about locking my doors. Guess the Braves were tired of adapting 05-mafia

Sorry sir. I did the same map area. In the same size area, I counted 60 or so around Turner.
Braves were tired of getting the shaft. 50 years, and you can't figure out how to run a mile of MARTA line to connect the area. Every year, the Braves shuttle gets threatened to get cut. The original plan comes out for the streetcar, and Turner is no where on it. The only thing south of I-20 the city cares about is the airport, and it has been that way for a half a century. The landlord didn't want to commit to leasehold improvements over the term of the lease. Our company doesn't sign 5 year leases without that clause. And since you are in residential real estate, I don't have to tell you the hottest areas in town are in close proximity to a MARTA rail line. One by one, slowly but surely, the areas around MARTA stations are gentrifying.

Oh and "bro", I live in Marietta. The grass is just as green here as it is ITP. I just wish there were trains out here... but soon... http://www.dot.ga.gov/travelingingeorgia/rail/Documents/CommuterRailMap.pdf

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - JCGSU - 04-11-2014 10:47 AM

This whole thing about the ATL is a little ironic for me as I often vigorously defend the "ATL" as a whole with my Alabama friends who see the entire city as one homogeneous cesspool of crime outside of that one area called "buckhead". I doubt they ever heard of the other 241 other neighborhoods / districts in Atlanta.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - JCGSU - 04-11-2014 11:10 AM

(04-11-2014 10:45 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 09:36 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  It isn't denial. Look at all the crimes around GA Tech. Life goes on. Work takes me to places that makes areas around the stadium look like Disneyland. I've walked around South Central LA and Little Haiti in Miami, and I am as white as can be. I work on putting stores in places where people are "too scared" to put stores. I see the stats, maps, all of it from a software that would blow your mind. All these places, yes, have bad people. But typically they have a whole lot more good than bad. Yes 500 crimes per 100,000 people equals a rough neighborhood. But... it also equates to a 99.5% chance it won't happen to you. None of my friends have had any issues at Turner Field. I can tell you stories about my friends cars have been broken into or robbed in Buckhead, Midtown, and the Highlands.

Sorry sir. I did the same map area. In the same size area, I counted 60 or so around Turner.
Braves were tired of getting the shaft. 50 years, and you can't figure out how to run a mile of MARTA line to connect the area. Every year, the Braves shuttle gets threatened to get cut. The original plan comes out for the streetcar, and Turner is no where on it. The only thing south of I-20 the city cares about is the airport, and it has been that way for a half a century. The landlord didn't want to commit to leasehold improvements over the term of the lease. Our company doesn't sign 5 year leases without that clause. And since you are in residential real estate, I don't have to tell you the hottest areas in town are in close proximity to a MARTA rail line. One by one, slowly but surely, the areas around MARTA stations are gentrifying.

Oh and "bro", I live in Marietta. The grass is just as green here as it is ITP. I just wish there were trains out here... but soon... http://www.dot.ga.gov/travelingingeorgia/rail/Documents/CommuterRailMap.pdf

Umm nope not the same size area plus a higher density of businesses and population but what ever, if you are going to try and float that notion it is the same no sense in continuing. Oh yes wish for those trains because the buses did wonders for Marietta. I lived in that area most of my life and went to Sprayberry High School. Just did a 600K sale and the woman said there was one decent elementary school in the entire Marietta school district now, ironically called West Side.

Its all good bro. I am not wishing for it not to work out for GSU. I would rather attend games in a gentrified area versus what it is now. I fear without the Braves Summehill is going just become north Peoplestown and the novelty of living in Grant Park will diminish a little. To each his own and neither of us are going to be totally objective so is life on a message board. You know us GS folks we are all a bunch of dumb hayseeds, in po dunk Statesboro, despite the fact the majority of our students and alumni come from and live in the same suburban areas as Ga State's.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - eaglewraith - 04-11-2014 11:23 AM

Ga State fan: "We hope to make the area around the Ted a nice sports area for us."
Ga Southern fan: "LOL CRIME"
Ga State fan: "Gasot you obviously have never been downtown because it's a great area. There's no more crime than anywhere else, why look at this: http://www.statesboropolicereport.com"
Ga Southern fan: "I've been in Atlanta and it's terrible. Yes, everyone has crime issues but Atlanta sucks."
Ga State fan: "Well you should know about something sucking with the high STD rate you have, also LOL ACADEMICS"
Ga Southern fan: "Do you even football, bro?"
Ga State fan: "Do you even basketball, bro? Besides, we have this incredi-huge market that makes everyone want us as well as our fat budget."
Ga Southern fan: "LOL you can't afford a spring game"
Ga State fan: "But we play in an NFL class facility, nice cute stadium you have."
Ga Southern fan: "How's it feel like a hotdog being thrown down a hallway in your empty stadium?"

Did I catch everything there? Should we add some more so we can just get all of this argument out of the way?

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - JCGSU - 04-11-2014 11:39 AM

(04-11-2014 11:23 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Ga State fan: "We hope to make the area around the Ted a nice sports area for us."
Ga State fan: "Gasot you obviously have never been downtown because it's a great area. There's no more crime than anywhere else, why look at this: http://www.statesboropolicereport.com"
Ga Southern fan: "I've been in Atlanta and it's terrible. Yes, everyone has crime issues but Atlanta sucks."
Ga State fan: "Well you should know about something sucking with the high STD rate you have, also LOL ACADEMICS"
Ga State fan: "Do you even basketball, bro? Besides, we have this incredi-huge market that makes everyone want us as well as our fat budget."
Ga State fan: "But we play in an NFL class facility, nice cute stadium you have."
Ga Southern fan: "How's it feel like a hotdog being thrown down a hallway in your empty stadium?"

Did I catch everything there? Should we add some more so we can just get all of this argument out of the way?

Ummm bout it. Throw in something about us being rednecks and a comment including "commuter school" and call it the day.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - StanMolsonMan - 04-11-2014 12:23 PM

(04-11-2014 11:23 AM)eaglewraith Wrote:  Ga State fan: "We hope to make the area around the Ted a nice sports area for us."

/thread

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - StanMolsonMan - 04-11-2014 12:40 PM

(04-11-2014 11:39 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  

Ummm bout it. Throw in something about us being rednecks and a comment including "commuter school" and call it the day.

The Florida game and Ga State having GSU first and I think we can call it a day.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - FloridaJag - 04-11-2014 01:50 PM

(04-09-2014 01:24 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 01:19 PM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 01:07 PM)The4thOption Wrote:  Google says that the distance from GaSt to Turner field is 1.6 Miles.

Note: The Distance from Hanner Field House to Paulson Stadium is 1.5 miles.

Now I have no idea about how friendly the walking path is at gast - sure not to be a pleasant as the walk at Southern - but it appears to be a perfect location for them. Especially since many students surely live somewhere in between (like at Southern) and if they would plan to build more housing out that direction.

I wish you well GAST - looks like it would be a good move if you can afford the property.

According to Google Maps, the walk from the heart of campus is 1 mile. http://goo.gl/Yw2f9R You walk past the sports arena, make a right at the University Waffle House, under the MARTA Station, past the capital, and you are there.

University Commons, which I believe is the furthest dorm from the Ted, is a 1.8 mile walk.

You can't be a true SBC member unless directions to your campus involve passing a Waffle House.

Usually two Waffle Houses or One Waffle House and a Huddle House)

http://www.huddlehouse.com/restaurant-locator.aspx

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - Panthersville - 04-11-2014 02:09 PM

(04-11-2014 09:36 AM)StanMolsonMan Wrote:  It isn't denial. Look at all the crimes around GA Tech. Life goes on. Work takes me to places that makes areas around the stadium look like Disneyland. I've walked around South Central LA and Little Haiti in Miami, and I am as white as can be. I work on putting stores in places where people are "too scared" to put stores. I see the stats, maps, all of it from a software that would blow your mind. All these places, yes, have bad people. But typically they have a whole lot more good than bad. Yes 500 crimes per 100,000 people equals a rough neighborhood. But... it also equates to a 99.5% chance it won't happen to you. None of my friends have had any issues at Turner Field. I can tell you stories about my friends cars have been broken into or robbed in Buckhead, Midtown, and the Highlands.

"...soon..."

LOL, ROFLMAO

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - FloridaJag - 04-11-2014 02:18 PM

(04-09-2014 03:39 PM)arkstfan Wrote:  
(04-09-2014 03:34 PM)panama Wrote:  I look at it this way. When the feasibility study was done 7 years ago (wow) there were three options presented. Play in an existing stadium such as Panthersville, build or expand an existing stadium or play in the Dome. The was the most cost effective of three. You go with the best option you have available. Now an option is being presented that you did not have before. Given that they are imploding our current home and that we will be third banana in the new Dome I think you have to seriously say why NOT the Ted? There are also a significant amount of students and alumni in the immediate area so that you have a chance to create something akin to the Home Park neighborhood at GT. Also given Becker's past behavior, if you read the tea leaves, there is no way he comes out publicly saying anything about the property unless he is holding some cards and has a serious interest in pursuing part of the property. Zero chance.

Does Georgia permit state universities to use imminent domain? That would be a real chiller on doing anything else with the property because of they want to sell it to a private developer and GaSt turns around and condemns it, I would think it would very hard for the developer to prove the value is higher than what they purchased the property for.

I know Florida does.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - StanMolsonMan - 04-11-2014 02:23 PM

(04-11-2014 02:09 PM)Panthersville Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 10:04 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  Nobody said crime does not happen everywhere and or that area is the worst in the country but dont compare Buckhead to that area. You know better. GA Tech area is bad as well. Like I said last I checked ATL was a top ten high crime city and the concentration of those crimes are in "your" backyard. Nothing more nothing less facts is facts. Not like I am rooting for it to be bad it is what it is. Honestly, "dislike" aside I would not feel good about my daughter walking around there day or night much less my son. but When I appraise newer decent housing around that area like around Jonesboro Road I ask people what its like and they straight up tell me the deal they all have crazy stories. I left a Brave games before and seen cars broke into while the game was going on. We can do the isolated example game till the cows come home that is why using an biased source holds more weight to me. I'm sure little Haiti is rough but I spent over half a year in the real Haiti as part of the U.N. Mission I guarantee it was rougher. So no I don't scare easily either. It is the poorest country in the western hemisphere was worse than anything you have ever thought about seeing unless you want to hang out in the border cartel controlled cities. Been there as well when we were deployed to test jump at the time the new C-17 aircraft in Yuma Arizona.

"...soon..."

LOL, ROFLMAO

High hopes. I know. I am a sucker for lost causes and longshots.

RE: GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - ErkSaidIWasTrueBlue - 04-11-2014 03:37 PM

I'll believe it when I see it...hopefully you'll have won a game by then. It sure would stink to sink money into refitting the Ted for football and it be emptier than the dome 05-stirthepot

GSU eyes campus expansion with Turner Field - DawggoneEagle - 04-11-2014 03:58 PM

We better beat these guys or we will never hear the end of it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk