CSNbbs
Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award (/thread-685084.html)

Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - CW Fishman - 04-04-2014 09:34 PM

Huge honor for Elfred Payton

http://www.nola.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/04/ul-lafayette_point_guard_elfri.html#incart_river_default

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - CW Fishman - 04-04-2014 09:40 PM

Sorry I notice now this is a duplicate. I tried to delete, but it would not allow me to do so.

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - Godzilla - 04-04-2014 09:44 PM

That is awesome! I assume he will be leaving early for the draft, which is good for the rest of us lol

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - SlickRick12 - 04-05-2014 07:22 AM

He hasn't signed with an agent, hence he hasn't made the decision yet.

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - CajunExpress - 04-05-2014 08:51 AM

He is projected by multiple draft services to be a late first round pick.

Hope he makes the right decision for his future.

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - CardinalBlackTrojan - 04-05-2014 08:55 AM

(04-05-2014 07:22 AM)SlickRick12 Wrote:  He hasn't signed with an agent, hence he hasn't made the decision yet.

I hope he doesn't leave early. I'd like to see Louisiana make another NCAA run to improve the look of Sun Belt basketball.

I have a feeling we are going to see Sun Belt basketball improve quite a bit in the next couple of years. The coaches that have been hired in the Sun Belt have better resumes and I think the importance of basketball in the conference is starting to become greater.

The hirings of some well-rounded coaches, like John Brady, Phil Cunningham, Matthew Graves, Danny Kaspar, Bob Marlin, Scott Cross, and Ron Hunter.

The facilities of the new and incoming schools are nice, and a couple of the schools already in the Sun Belt have been trying to build better facilities, like Troy.

I'd really like for the Sun Belt to push New Mexico State to join in basetball. They're already in a conference that has a lower RPI than the Sun Belt.

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - Franko - 04-05-2014 09:41 AM

An actual award that is not jaded towards the power 6 conferences refreshing. A player from Stony Brook won last season. Congrats !!

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - exflash - 04-05-2014 02:14 PM

(04-05-2014 09:41 AM)Franko Wrote:  An actual award that is not jaded towards the power 6 conferences refreshing. A player from Stony Brook won last season. Congrats !!
-----Yes you are correct and I think this has ti be the biggest single award ever received by the conference---I sure hope that the Commish blows this up as it will surely not just help UL but the entire conference---BTW if all the conference would use UL or Louisiana it would also help---Troy wanted just Troy and we obliged by not using Troy State---Would appreciate a return of the action !!!

RE: Elfred Payton Wins Lefty Driesell Award - Pounce FTW - 04-05-2014 02:32 PM

(04-05-2014 02:14 PM)exflash Wrote:  
(04-05-2014 09:41 AM)Franko Wrote:  An actual award that is not jaded towards the power 6 conferences refreshing. A player from Stony Brook won last season. Congrats !!
-----Yes you are correct and I think this has ti be the biggest single award ever received by the conference---I sure hope that the Commish blows this up as it will surely not just help UL but the entire conference---BTW if all the conference would use UL or Louisiana it would also help---Troy wanted just Troy and we obliged by not using Troy State---Would appreciate a return of the action !!!

I realize the dangers of allowing this to slip into name thread territory, and I apologize for that, but come on...if you make statements like that, it's important to note that Troy State is not the name of the university.

Also, congrats to Payton.